1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RETURN TO CCS

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Nov 27, 2020.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything on this yet. Dipstick Drakeford is closing indoor entertainment, cinemas, 10 pin bowling etc and new rules for hospitality to come next week.

Nothing mentioned outdoor entertainment, e.g. football, where England can return subject to Tier levels.

Should we be allowed back in our ground, and Newport and the Jack's as well? If so, 2,000, 4,000 or how many?

How would the clubs manage it? I guess it would be limited to ST holders but with 10k plus at last count, would they draw lots or allocate according to length of time ST held or just prefer those with boxes or expensive Grandstand seats.

I would like to go subject to all control rules but what do the rest of you think?

Oldsparkey likes this.
  2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At the moment (and given the choice) I wouldn't go.

I love my football in general and especially at the CCS, but I won't risk bringing that bloody virus back amongst my family after having been so responsible this past 9 months or so.

I'm not casting judgement on other's decisions in any shape or form - it's just a personal thing in answering your question Bluey. <ok>

3. BluefromBridgend

My judgement is based on us having 2k max in a 33k seat stadium. Outdoors and much more than 2 metres between fans.

Mind you do I really want to be sat in a cold and possibly wet stadium watching the dross we have served up lately? At least I could turn off the lap top at home.

I have abided (well 95% plus) with rules but have been out and about a fair bit legitimately- walking and running - around Newton and Porthcawl a fair bit plus training nights in Bridgend.

We have even managed controlled, socially distanced beer o clock at the tennis club on the last few Thursdays.

I'm pretty fit for my age and have been as cautious as I can be but, within reason, life has to go on as much as I can.

No criticism intended of others with different views.

4. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

I would be very wary tbh. I hope they put those with weak bladders on the seats at the end of the rows as I really wouldn't want people having to squeeze past. I suspect I would be a nervous wreck, its bad enough going shopping in Tescos

clingo likes this.
  5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

Watched on our news feed over here.... apparently the "mini lockdown worked or was working" but last few days, the result of peeps not being sensible after it ended has resulted in a marked rise in infections!
    this will continue to go round in circles until mass inoculation or people realise what they are doing to their fellow neighbours!
    This virus has and will continue to mutate, all ready the " safer zone" age 30 -50 is becoming more infected. There is so much not understood about it... an interesting fact... a error caused the Oxford dose to be administered wrongly … and the second dose administered correctly. But a half followed by a full one is more effective than 2 full doses! Scientists are baffled! What if peeps that get it mildy, don't bother to get tested / think they are immune/ safe! get it again …. could it be far more serious the second time and more deadly?

clingo likes this.
  6. BluefromBridgend

Yes the person in charge of the freezer section has complained about your little deposits.

Sounds like you need a fastest finger first check up BT. Masky will do it.

Barry Tiger likes this.
  7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Can’t see the point in sitting in a virtually empty stadium.

Mind you I didn’t blink an eye at being amongst 2-3000 back in the bad old days of Div 4:emoticon-0112-wonde

clingo and ccfcremotesupport like this.
  8. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

.....but at least you could hold hands?

9. BluefromBridgend

I thought Ninian was a City fan, not Brighton. <whistle>

10. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

Disgusted by this BFB, your alter ego BT is a finer character than you, I like the cut of his gib! :emoticon-0103-cool:

Barry Tiger likes this.

11. BluefromBridgend

So, he's been showing you his gib? Dirty boys.

#gloryholesareus

Not surprised though. 2 peas from the same pod.

Barry Tiger likes this.
  12. Masky

Masky Well-Known Member

And I like my veg pals! :emoticon-0103-cool:

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  13. BluefromBridgend

Here is WoL's current take on the return of limited crowds at open air sports events in Wales: -

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport...kCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Personally I can't see Dopey Drakeford agreeing to anything. He is so busy trying to make political capital by doing things differently to the UK Government. It looks very much like he is going to crucify the hospitality sector in the run up to Christmas so why should sport be any different?

14. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

whilst 99% supporting the .gov, Drakeford does seem to have the heart of the nation at the fore front! unfortunately like there are tw*ts all over the UK hell bent of ignoring reality and spoiling it for 85% who are trying to beat it. "gambling on the vaccines" none of which are yet approved!!! what if they fail.. like all those inoculated lose immunity after a few months! and the virus has mutated.. to worse strain!
    getting numbers down before the 5 days is paramount.. if 500K have it now that's 1 in about 100..ish it goes down to 200k b4 Christmas that's less than 1 in 2-300 !
    IS it not worth the sacrifice?

15. BluefromBridgend

Sorry Realred, (does your name indicate your political as well as your football choices), the guy is an absolute knob. His decisions are politically based, doing anything to contradict the UK government. I'm not saying Boris et al are any better but we should be dealing with this as the UK (my passport says I'm a UK citizen) not as some tin pot dictatorship. The problem is Labour have Wales sown up with no real, credible alternative. As a result he and his mates can do virtually what they like, right or wrong.

Don't get me started on his refusal to provide a spur to the M4 around Newport.

16. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

17. BluefromBridgend

I wouldn't just drive over Dopey Drakeford, I would steam roll the badly dressed f**ker. He is an absolute waste of oxygen.

Just wait until I have some strong feelings.

ninian opinion likes this.
  18. BluefromBridgend

Not happening anytime soon in Wales then.

Yet another own goal by the badly dressed idiot and his cronies. He is clearly a non-sporting recovering alcoholic or member of a Temperance Society.

He needs to go now.

19. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

So if we can’t have any fans at home will we be allowed an allocation at away matches in England when supporters there are able to return?

20. BluefromBridgend

Not sure there will be any away allocations Irish.

irishbluebird likes this.