1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Richard Garcia retiring.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John Ex Aberdeen now E.R., May 17, 2017.

1. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

2. Altrincham Tiger

Altrincham Tiger Well-Known Member

Always thought he was underrated for us in 07/08, and seemed like a decent bloke too.

PLT likes this.
  3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Was great in the Championship but was wasted by Brown playing him as a striker in the PL.

4. HGS66

HGS66 Well-Known Member

He was a very versatile player and not a bad striking option for us - given our track record of buying strikers - and his goals helped immensely. Also played well at right full back when called upon.

PLT likes this.
  5. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

Always appreciated Garcia. My favourite memory of him is that cross to Manucho at Craven Cottage. Showed his persistence at first and then produced the perfect cross despite facing away from the goal. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

6. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

The game really does stuck in the memory. We got absolutely battered for 89 mins, Duke had the game of his life and our seemingly sole venture into their half all game in the last minute saw our stinker of a striker score a season saving goal from said pinpoint Garcia cross.

Am looking forward to going back next season.

ImperialTiger and RichardG like this.
  7. RichardG

RichardG Well-Known Member

It may not be the most important goal the club has ever scored (though it would be up there) but it's probably one of the two or three that I've celebrated the most. With Deano's volley against Bristol City, Ash's winner at Yeovil, Cousin's goal against Arsenal, Deano's at Cardiff, Diame's against Wednesday and so on, while they were to prove crucial, at the time of scoring we couldn't quite have known their significance given how long was left. As much as I celebrated them, I knew that there was a load of horrible, stomach-cramp-inducing worrying to come. We still had it all to lose.

Manucho's winner that day comes alongside Folan's header at the KC in the home play-off against Watford and David Brown's finish at Griffin Park in the Great Escape to put us 2-0 up as goals that I could just go mental to, celebrating a goal and a very probable victory at the same time.

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

Always like garcia

Absolutely loved his header v blackburn away

9. hullmel58

hullmel58 Member

A very good player for us, his best goal for us I thought, was a bullet into the top corner against Burnley at KC. Played anywhere, fullback to lone striker.

HGS66 likes this.