1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ridsdale gains control...

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by homepark_hobo, May 26, 2011.

1. homepark_hobo

homepark_hobo Member

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm astonished that the preferred buyer didn't relized how much work was required to get the club up and running,all they were thinking was how quick can we get the scaffolding up and our hard hats on,preferred buyer preferred idiots.

3. WestCountrylalala

WestCountrylalala Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Rather than write a new post, this is a copy of what I wrote on the BBC 606 which the over-zelous mods saw fit to remove: Despite that fact he has helped hold the club together I'm uneasy with this news. We've read about his history and it doesn't rest easy with me. I hope all that we heard from the Leeds and Cardiff fans is now firmly in the past and the man has learned from past mistakes BUT if I were the new owners I'd keep a tight grasp of the purse strings and and close eye on the man's activities.

The original 606 has become a joke, mods remove posts for no apparent reason yet allow the likes of thunderballs to re-invent himself, allowing him to WUM time and again, it is a place DS spews his venim at will and i will be glad when it finally folds as it seems to be droning on well past it's sell-by date. 606 is dead, long live not606.

Apologies for going off topic :emoticon-0111-blush

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yes I'm at present accepting what I see,and that is that Ridsdale saved PAFC from possible liquidation. He had to literally bang a few Directors heads together to get them to remember that they were supposed to be accountants and they were taking PAFC into oblivion.

That said I feel a little uneasy with some of the words and phrases that he used, such as..........I never intended to do anything but help PAFC.............it never crossed my mind that this would be what happened.............although he admits he suggested that this could be a way out of the preferred bidders quandary.They were into, scaffolding,skips,hard hats, cranes, bricks,mortar and lots and lots of concrete. They suddenly relized that saving a football club was an irksome nuisance that would stop them playing with their preferred toys.

Enter our Peter..........So he knows about football management, good, the bidder didn't have a clue (although Guilfoyle suggested they did,not knowing who they were !!!) Lets hope that this will work out for PAFC...........Ridsdale has made mistakes in the past, lets hope he has learned from them. Lets also hope that his Cardiff queries at present are not substaniated and we can all move foreward...........At present I wish him good luck because like it or not he is in charge of our club PAFC.

5. Steelthunderballs

Steelthunderballs New Member

Plymouth Argyle lol

6. greenjock

greenjock Member

Well I was a bit torn really, but now that Scumanage have been promoted, wont have to bother about going there, not that I would have anyway, STB is from Stevenage, which is so nice its twinned with Shimkent in Khazakstan! The locals look at Luton as a holiday destination which tells you a lot. The shopping precint consists of Poundland, Poundworld, 99P Land, Bargain Booze and Iceland.

Steelthunderballs wife is the local bike and shoots ping pong balls out of her vajayjay on Saturday nights at the Dog and Dog, named after STB's sisters, and will suck your cock backstage for 50p and a can of Pedigree Chum.

Never had much to do with Stevenage or Spurs and certainly had nothing against either of them, but since STB lives in Stevenage and supports Spurs I now hate both with a passion and cant wait for Harry Redknapp to get prosecuted for tax evasion the ugly squinty eyed ballbag, and those other two stunners Crouch and Bale to leave in search of Champions League football.

Also hope Stevenage continues to win chavtown of the year, it gives STB something to be proud about other than the fact that he's been raped by all of his uncles, and their next door neighbours.

Not sure what the prick has against Argyle but whatever it is at least it gives the ****wit something to do with his evenings instead of licking windows in his bedsit

7. Thundersteelballs

Thundersteelballs New Member

Plymouth Argyle lmfao

8. mouldyoldgoat

The twonk has been banned again!

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Don't get him banned just put on ignore and let him talk to himself. I will have to do the ignore thing all over again now when he turns up.

Any sane person would have reservations about Peter Ridsdale. He has become synonymous with a bit of scandle wherever he has been. I do think though that he will walk away from the charges whilst at Cardiff and cannot see how the Trading Standards people will have a case once it goes to court. This was also moded on 606. The way this goes is simple really in my view. The Board at Cardiff had a meeting and it was proposed that they sell next season's season ticket there and then. The purpose would be to buy players to push for promotion to the prem. The minutes of this meeting are going to be there for all to see. The argument would then follow that the players they wanted to buy were not available to them at that time and therefore they could not purchase as promised. There were no other players on their radar after that they wanted to improve the side and guarantee promotion. Ergo the intention to purchase was there so there was no false information given. Now you would expect to hear everyone say that is rubbish and maybe it is. But, to prove beyond all doubt that it was mis-sold intentionally would be very hard to a legal standard required if it is minuted.

As far as I am concerned there isn't anyone else to take over Argyle so if this is all there is then we are stuck with it like it or not. I have no choice but to give him the benefit of the doubt and then cross everything that we get what it says on the tin this time with no more snags hidden in the toolbox.

10. mouldyoldgoat

Sensible, I seem to remember seeing somewhere that Cardiff were under a transfer embargo at the time, but I could be wrong on that. But you are right that we have no choice but see what happens about the new owners of the club and the way it is run. We have to hope for the best!

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I would therefore not understand the act of selling tickets to buy players if they couldn't. Even the Welsh would know that you can't buy players if you are banned from doing it and they would have know of the ban as supporters. I haven't heard that they were which is where my thoughts on the charges come from.

12. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Don´t think that they were under an embargo as the bad feeling came down to the fact that it was stated that the money from the advanced sales would be spent on players and then it went into taxman/running costs. Sensible is right to prove legally that there was a deliberate attempt to deceive will be nigh on impossible, still doesn´t sit right with me though.
    Just hope Mr Risdale has learned some lessons along the way, I still hope that the supporters get some representation and would also like Sir PR to have some influence on the board as well (if he´s still with us)

13. greenjock

greenjock Member

And if they couldnt buy these players they had targetted, what happened to the season ticket money that was stumped up? Sorry I just cant see Ridsdale as anything other than a crook and I dont want him having anything to do with Argyle. People keep saying he saved us! How exactly? He hasnt laid out a penny of his own cash and all of a sudden is in charge for ****s sake. This administrator is as crooked as Ridsdale is and the pair of them are in cohoots. Were probably in a worse position today than most people realise. Ridsdale is out to make money for himself and hasnt had to put his money in his pocket. Risdale is reluctantly running the club! Yeah as reluctant as Ryan Giggs at a beauty contest!

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

mexijan and greenjock, I didn't say I was happy with any of it and I doubt if given a choice many people would be. But it is all there is whatever we may think and that is the bottom dollar of it all. I have no idea if the Administrator and Ridsdale are great buddies or not. I don't know anything about the Administrator so it would be unfair to leap to any colclusions on that part. To be fair apart from other people posting on 606 that we don't want Ridsdale involved in our club, I don't know much about him either. All you ever hear in headlines is the bad things and papers seldom print anything good. I won't condemn either of them just yet. But if we don't have this is there any other choice.

15. mexijan

mexijan Active Member

Jock the money was used to clear tax owed or club running costs that is what pissed people off. I was living in near Cardiff at the time and working with a lot of Cardiff fans who bought their season tickets early. There were other incentives to purchase early which the club met but it was the fact that it was catagorically stated that the funds raised would be used to strengthen the squad and wasn´t that really got to people, fans screwed over again.

At the end of the day we got Risdale, not much we can do about it, clean slate and hope he has learned from his mistakes. Seems pretty clear that the money men are not interested in the football side and as Risdale was around he seems to have fallen into the job wether that was pre-meditated or not who knows? For me fan involvement and PR would go a long way to settling the fears a lot of us have at the moment but until deal is completed we are in the dark as to how the club is going to be run.

16. greenjock

greenjock Member

Not having a go at you Sensible I just feel that too many people assume Ridsdale has actually done anything. He didnt save us from administration just guided us through the process and lets face it he's done ok out of it. Without any outlay all of a sudden he's in charge of a football club. Nice business if you can get it! And the fact that he seems to know the administrator must help. I know people should be given the benefit of the doubt, but trouble does seem to follow Ridsdale around and its not like he is a lifelong Argyle fan doing this for the good of the club.

17. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

I'd suggest the future looks bleak for your club.

18. greenjock

greenjock Member

You see I would take on board what people like Loiner say. They have seen Ridsdale in action and know what he is capable of. Since late last year when he was first spotted as a guest at an Argyle game we have had similar messages from dozens of Leeds and Cardiff fans and to my recollection, not one person from either of those clubs offering a different opinion.

That tells me all I need to know about the guy!

19. Edo1990

Edo1990 Member

Cardiff fan in peace! Ridsdale has his haters, but what he done for our club I believe was brilliant, he saved us from financial oblivion and look where we are now, new owners and pushing for the premier league, he did con the fans with his Golden ticket scheme once, but otherwise he isnt all that bad! and he did us all a favour with those lads from yorkshire :)

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not taking any offence greenjock it's a discussion. I say again, what choice is there if not this one? I'm not even giving anyone the benefit of anything either doubt or otherwise. All I simply say is I know nothing much about him except the warnings from other fans. We would have warned Southend about Sturrock being a bad manager or at least some would have even though he has a proven record lower down and hasn't done a bad job for them. You can't always take what other supporters say as gospel. They have a reason to dislike the man and their opinions will no doubt be more colourful than perhaps is reality. But I don't know. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle. I must admit I wonder at how things work out myself when it comes to who owns what and why. I don't get how anyone could buy Man U without using any of their own money but I think that is what happened. Football is very strange indeed.