1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Right Wing

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Diego, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

After not having a right winger for soooo long is anybody else worried that this season we could end up leaving somebody out/let them down?
    We are buying Sancho, we have Amad (whose favoured position is right wing but is happy anywhere across the front) and we have Pellistri who has just had a very good season in Spain.
    Great position for the club to be in at last but could hold back one or more of the young lads.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It's a crowded midfield and doesn't feel like an outright solution for the right wing is Sancho. He plays more through the middle than sticking to the right which is where Bruno also plays. If Sancho sticks to the right, I've said many times that I wouldn't have him in the team if it is at the expense of Greenwood. And we have Amad as well.

I really don't get our obsession with buying more players in the midfield when most of them play in similar position. We end up waste most of their careers.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Diego in right wing rant shocker! No politics please <whistle>

Some fair points raised but just to put this in perspective think back to last season.

1) We lacked any attacking threat on the right, instead over relying on the left.

2) We lack depth in quality in attack especially on the right, nowhere near the likes of City. We don't have to match them, that's unreasonable but we need enough. The lack of any substitutions in the Europy finals highlighted that more than anything.

3) Which leads to the next point - squad rotation in 4 competitions. The likes of Amad, Pellestri and Greenwood (who I think is going to play centrally btw) will get plenty matches and it SHOULD be a period of development for them, not to be the finished article.

We need a right winger/ wing forward. We need a holding midfielder. We need a quality centreback. Bare minimum.

Diego likes this.