1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RIP Rocky

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Guywanderer, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Sarah Pitts

Sarah Pitts New Member

I’ve been sent so many screenshots of the lovely comments in this forum about my dad many of you know as ‘Rocky’.
    It’s brought tears to my eyes aswell as a great comfort to our family.
    Literally so proud of our Dad.
    I saw someone pop up a link to dads last post on here where he said he had cancer....dad must have thought a lot of you to tell you all .
    I can say truthfully in the last few weeks with me and my two sisters caring for our dad he has asked several times for his phone and has managed to bring this site up (we saw) but not managed to post bless him. He did try so hard and now I understand why; you are all utterly amazingly kind and as a family we are so touched.
    Dad was diagnosed with cancer and from diagnosis to death was 5 weeks and 1 day.
    He was a legend, a very kind lovable man who we will miss dearly.
    We managed to break dad free out of hospital (his wishes) and he spent 6 days at home with us but sadly he needed a bit more care so for the last 3 days of his life he spent at a local hospice called Florence Nightingale (especially nice as his late mum was called Florence).
    It is such a lovely place, they went above and beyond for us all as a family; they even fed us as they knew we’d not been eating!! They relaxed Covid rules so we could be with hun.
    Dad took his last breaths with family around him which we are so grateful for.
    The Florence Nightingale Hospice we have since learned is run completely on donations!
    We are now trying to raise some funds for them and have set up a fundraising page because they truly deserve it.

thank you all again for your kind words ❤️❤️

Love the Pitt’s Family xx

Attached Files:

2. The Huddlefro

The Huddlefro Well-Known Member

Do post the fundraiser on here when it’s set up, I know times are hard for an awful lot of people but it sounds a wonderful cause and I’m sure there are posters here who will be moved to donate what they can to support their work.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

3. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Sad news. Rest easy Rocky/Stokenchurch x

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  4. Sarah Pitts

Sarah Pitts New Member

Attached Files:

5. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Hello Sarah, it’s really amazing that you’ve found the strength and the time to sign up on here and do this at such a difficult time. Your dad was not only a great guy, he raised an incredible daughter too. Hope you get lots of donations. From another Stephen

6. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Agree with everything PowerSpurs wrote. It is good for us to see the man behind the username and he was clearly a good man. Thank you for this glimpse. This comes as no surprise to those of us that interacted with him on here. I wish you well in a very difficult time.

7. Tilly'sowner

Tilly'sowner Well-Known Member

Many condolences to the Pitt's family. It's very difficult losing a parent before their time is up. Take care.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  8. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Awful News, RIP Rocky.

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  9. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

It's awful to hear this, as you can see from the posts here he was a popular guy and will be much missed. His name Stokenchuch yid will stay as long as the Spurs Prediction league lasts he is and always will be here on not606 A Champion.

10. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

We are all friends on here Sarah and your dad was one of the most popular guys, I know we all appreciate very much you taking the trouble to let us know what happened to our mate. Thinking of you and your family.

11. Blue and White

Blue and White Well-Known Member

Tears in my eyes.
    He was trying to predict.
    We are all one family.

12. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

I’ve not had much time to get on here recently, so I’ve only just seen this.
    This is so incredibly sad to read. My thoughts and condolences to all of Rocky’s family and friends. Just awful. :emoticon-0106-cryin Xxx

13. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Today is the funeral. I will be thinking of him this afternoon.