1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic RIP

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by canary-dave, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Bure budgie

Bure budgie Well-Known Member

Billy Bingham, the most successful manager of Northern Ireland's football team, has died at the age of 90.

The former Northern Ireland manager was diagnosed with dementia in 2006 and he died peacefully in a nursing home in Southport on Thursday evening.

Renowned as a master tactician, the wily Bingham guided the boys in green to the 1982 and 1986 World Cup finals.

RIP Billy <rose><rose>

zogean_king and Walsh.i.am like this.
  2. Bure budgie

Legendary Wales and British and Irish Lions captain and fly-half Phil Bennett has died at the age of 73.

Bennett was a key figure in Wales' golden era, helping them win two Five Nations Grand Slams in the 1970s.

He also starred in the Lions' historic unbeaten tour of South Africa in 1974 and produced moments of magic in his 20 appearances for the Barbarians.

He is regarded as one of the greatest players to wear the fabled number 10 shirt for Wales and the Lions.

In their statement announcing Bennett's passing, Scarlets said he was "one of the all-time legends of the game and widely regarded as the greatest player to wear the Scarlets jersey".

Great player. RIP Phil <rose><rose>

zogean_king likes this.
  3. Bure budgie

The cancer campaigner, blogger, broadcaster and former teacher, Dame Deborah James, has died aged 40.

She had been receiving end-of-life care for bowel cancer at home and had raised millions for cancer research.

The host of the BBC's You, Me and the Big C podcast was given a damehood in May in recognition of her fundraising.

Dame Deborah, a mother of two, was diagnosed with bowel cancer in 2016. Her family described her as "amazing" and an "inspiration".

They announced her death in a post on her Instagram page. "We are deeply saddened to announce the death of Dame Deborah James; the most amazing wife, daughter, sister, mummy," it said.

She passed away peacefully surrounded by her family.

Brave, courageous lady. RIP Deborah<rose><rose><rose><rose><rose><rose><rose><rose><rose><rose>

chinacanary and RiverEndRick like this.
  4. Bure budgie

Veteran actor Bernard Cribbins, who narrated The Wombles and starred in the film adaptation of The Railway Children, has died aged 93.

Loved this guy, Great character.
    RIP Bernard <rose><rose>

5. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

He was great in Dr Who!

6. Bure budgie

Former Arsenal and Northern Ireland captain and manager Terry Neill has died at the age of 80.

Belfast-born Neill was Arsenal's youngest captain at 20 and played over 270 games for the club between 1957 and 1970.

Neill was just 34 when he returned to manage Arsenal, steering the Gunners to three consecutive FA Cup finals.

The defender won 59 international caps including a spell as Northern Ireland player-manager.

Neill was born in 1942 and played in Bangor's youth team before joining Arsenal for £2,500 in 1959.

He made his first team debut aged 18 and was soon Arsenal's youngest ever captain, a record that still stands.

Quality player Rip Terry <rose><rose>

7. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Grease star Dame Olivia Newton-John has died at the age of 73.

The actress and singer's husband, John Easterling, said she "passed away peacefully at her ranch in southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends".
    John Travolta, with whom she starred in Grease, said she "made all of our lives so much better".
    He added on Instagram: "Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again.

RIP Olivia <rose>

Bure budgie likes this.
  8. Bure budgie

Such a beautiful and brave woman.

Always was our "special girlfriend" to my generation.

Rest in Peace, my heart bleeds for you.
    :emoticon-0153-broke:emoticon-0153-broke<rose><rose>

9. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

Gary Waldhorn, who played David Horton in Vicar of Dibley, has passed on. When informed yesterday that David Horton had died it caused consternation in the bar we were in. We have a friend here of that name.

10. Bure budgie

My Queen has sadly passed away.

RIP Queen Elizabeth II <rose><rose><rose>

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

From ECB. Following the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, Friday's play between England and South Africa Men at The Oval, along with all scheduled matches in the Rachel Heyhoe Flint Trophy, will not take place.

12. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

13. CanaryChris

CanaryChris Active Member

Our Queen, Bure. But, yes. Just feel numb. Nothing will ever feel the same. She’s been a constant in all our lives. Maybe Robbie remembers life before Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II? Not sure about anyone else.

wi-exile and RiverEndRick like this.
  14. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

I remember my Coronation mug, and a school trip to cinema in Swaffham to see the Coronation film. RIP Liz.

CanaryChris likes this.
  15. Bure budgie

I remember the street party in 53.

I have a Coronation cup, saucer and plate set

CanaryChris likes this.
  16. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Most of us had never know another sovereign until now

17. Bure budgie

Harry Potter and Cracker actor Robbie Coltrane has died aged 72, his agent has said.

The Scottish-born actor, known for playing the Hogwarts gamekeeper Hagrid and criminal psychologist Dr Eddie 'Fitz' Fitzgerald in the crime drama Cracker, died on Friday.

In a statement, his agent Belinda Wright said: "He will probably be best remembered for decades to come as Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, a role which brought joy to children and adults alike all over the world, prompting a stream of fan letters every week for over 20 years."

zogean_king likes this.
  18. Bure budgie

Rock n’ roll star Jerry Lee Lewis, best known for 1957 hit Great Balls of Fire, has died at the age of 87.

Lewis died at home in Memphis, Tennessee, his representative Zach Farnum confirmed.

The rock n' roll pioneer - who called himself The Killer - was also known for the song Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On and was the last survivor of a generation of groundbreaking performers that included Elvis Presley, Chuck Berry and Little Richard.

RIP Jerry <rose><rose>GOAT

zogean_king and wi-exile like this.
  19. wi-exile

wi-exile Active Member

RIP Jerry Lee, great rocker. Saw him at the Theatre Royal.

RiverEndRick and zogean_king like this.
  20. Bure budgie

Ronnie Radford, scorer of one of the most iconic goals in FA Cup history, has died at the age of 79.

Radford powered home a 35-yard first-time shot on a muddy pitch to help non-league Hereford United upset top-flight Newcastle United in the third round in 1972.

"Ronnie is not just a part of Hereford United folklore, he is a part of football history," said Hereford.

"We will always keep Ronnie close to our hearts at Edgar Street."

One of the all time iconic FA Cup games

RiverEndRick likes this.