1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Style, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well thank fck Sean Dyche aint available.

I'd imagine the Asst Mgr (whoever that is) takes over for the Wednesday game and then have someone come in for their home game on Sunday.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

His current coaching team are also a bunch of nobodies who won't change anything by Wednesday.

They'll need to start bandying some big names about for the squad to start trying harder by Sunday.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

"Manchester City is surprised by the issuing of these alleged breaches of the Premier League Rules, particularly given the extensive engagement and vast amount of detailed materials that the EPL has been provided with," the club said in a statement.

To be fair, only the very person that wrote that message is surprised.

glazerfodder likes this.
  4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

BIG SAM - our best manager that never was - said Carlsberg

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

At the risk of opening up another can of worms but....

If City get stripped of their league titles and it goes to the teams that finished behind them, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer will have won us a league title <whistle> :bandit:

Diego likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

TBF he deserved it that season <whistle>

Treble likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We had up a massive lead into the new year. We should have won the league that year but Ole didn’t have the conviction which quickly spread across the team. But then again, if the team that won it was doping, Ole’s team should rightly be crowned champions. But don’t forget Liverpool as well which would stink if they get first place for those years that they were second.

Regardless, I really hope that City gets fkin slayed here with these serious allegations. It always amuses me how a team that struggles to fill up its average sized stadium could boost so much commercial success. That’s because it was all bogus! The foolish “richest clubs” publication too by Deloitte helps to propagate the crime. How can clubs that live off side loans from their owners be classed as “wealthy”? They effectively doped their balance sheet to reflect liabilities as assets. Fkin knts!!!

This is precisely why I do not want Manchester United anywhere near owners with oil money. Their wealth is invariably corrupt and they consequently corrupt everything that they engage in. Mind you, not because it’s made from oil, but because they’ve criminally monopolized wealth of a nation into the pockets of a few who live a hyper lavish lifestyle of corruption. The end for them is always justified and through any means necessary. The players are mercenaries and the fans are equally appalling because easy money rarely generates true fulfillment and passion. The whole club is filthy!!!

This is why I think it will be a sad day if United ends in up in another oil pool like PSG and Man Sh!!tty! I wouldn’t change the last ten years of struggle to take their place.

8. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

FFS don’t start that again! Remember that here Ole’s name is mud or worse <whistle>

Diego and Treble like this.
  9. Christiansmith

This reminds me of Stalin’s revisionism. 2nd is ****ing nowhere and nothing remember? <whistle>

Treble likes this.
  10. Christiansmith

This is like living in a dream.

Are we now saying that because we had a team which was illegally “doped” and therefore corrupted and whose participation in the league was/is not valid the other teams could be advanced one place?

If that happens

Utd champions 2011/12

Utd champions 2017/18

Utd champions 2020/21

Meaning 2 titles in the 10 years post Fergie.

****ing hell. It’s like Bobby Ewing waking up in that new series of Dallas .After he’s been killed in the previous series. It’s all been a bad dream <whistle>

glazerfodder and Treble like this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I really doubt that it will come to that. I’d rather them be relegated two leagues down! That will be more meaningful. All the mercenaries will all jump ship at that point.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh> <ok>

13. glazerfodder

A fine would be a laughable punishment given the nature of their 'crimes' - it would simply add insult to injury. Bearing in mind this is a PL enquiry rather than the UEFA debacle, the punishment will more likely focus on domestic league status and not on future eligibility for CL competitions, that said, the likely punishment could well be expulsion from the PL and all FA competitions and their resulting status within English football would exclude them from all European competitions.

That would make for an interesting fixture list, City against Wrexham and their kind, plus their big names will jump ship as fast as they can. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    cytrax likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Exactly! That will be the punishment that they fear the most. Let them feel the pain now! Now if they want to add stripping them of past titles, then I’m all in for that. But they have to feel the deep pain today and beyond. Fkin scums!!!

glazerfodder likes this.
  15. Christiansmith

if they are stripped of the title during the periods of the breaches of the rules City wouldn’t have been champions even once <ok> What has been suspected by many fans is now being confirmed. Recruiting all the top players and managers at literally any cost (without any restrictions and breaching the financial rules) brought them the titles. Is this going to happen? With the heavy team of top lawyers at their disposal it’s unlikely to happen.

Chelsea are now doing something like avoidance (legal) instead evasion (illegal) using every loophole available. Watch this space.

16. glazerfodder

I wonder how many 'top players' that might have been considering a move to City will be having a change of heart. This gets better and better.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

They'll just go to Chelsea instead.

18. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Chelsea is probably essentially broke! No one in football spends £500m in one year and not run a massive risk of folding.

Diego likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I read they're backed by some hedge fund and that's where the spending's come from. Which means it's probably peanuts to them and they won't fold.

I don't feel threatened by Chelsea, City, Newcastle or anyone tbh. If United have a good manager and build astutely then there's only ever 11 players on the pitch and we can beat anyone.

In fact we should be more concerned about the Glaziers and their spending than we should other clubs. That's our only threat.

Diego likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I’d say that those hedge funds do not give money for nothing, especially £500m. That’s probably the difference to oil money which is completely unaccountable. My guess is that the foolish hedgies know nothing about football and running an experiment on some mathematical formula which in the end will fail. I think they are way out of their depths and it will all unfold.

Sadly, I think oil money is going to be our owner which will just be disappointing. But if the Premier League can enact strict rules with this City saga whereby you can’t dope the system regardless of how much money the owner has, then that will be ideal for us. It will protect the club into the future and so fans looking for rich sugar daddy to change their fortunes.