1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Robin van Persie has accepted proposed wages...............

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Father_Jack_Hackett, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Father_Jack_Hackett

Father_Jack_Hackett New Member

We are about to sell Tevez so there is a £200K per week saving.

2. SuperSpursAllStars

I actually think it would be a real shame for football if RVP goes to City.

Arsenal are in the same boat as Spurs, the footballing sharks are swimming around and we can do little to stop them offreing to double the wages of our players. We have so far been fortunate with regards to Modric as he is on a long term contract so we can just flatly refuse, Arsenal cannot do this with RVP.

FFP rules will not come into effect all the while all the big clubs around Europe are operating at a loss, the likes of AC & Inter, Man Utd, Chelsea, City, Barcleona & R Madrid to name only a few, can you imagine Fifa banning all these clubs from Europe......... NO Chance.

So clubs like ours that are run within a budget must continue to try to unearth player like Modric and RVP before they are spotted by the likes of City and tie them to long term deals.

3. KingEric07.

KingEric07. cape wearing twat

To whom ? An Italian club ?

Seems strange you would risk him upsetting the squad by allowing him back if your intention is just to sell him anyway. I'm not saying your not selling him it's just a strange decision imo.

4. Topgun

Topgun Member

I think that is why they are bringing him back in to the fold, so that they can try and offload him. I cant see anyone paying him 200 K a week though, will he take a 50% pay cut?

5. Arsenal4life

Arsenal4life Well-Known Member

He wont have to, If he gets a £150k a week salary in spain is the same as £200k a week here I think. Tax and stuff

6. Topgun

Topgun Member

True but previous posters were saying he is going to Italy (or at least there is an interest). I dont think wages are as high there, dont know about their tax.

7. Arsenal4life

I think in Italy the clubs are cutting before the FFP rules. Thats why inter sold eto I think and why they are shopping sneijder.

8. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Many miss the point, with proper coaching and buying players who have decent technical ability mid table clubs CAN compete.

Moyes is proving it yet again with Everton and so are Newcastle. The footballing lesson Arsenal got at Swansea proves you don't need to be big spenders to be a solid club.

Arsenal were not big spenders and never have been, remember, we were mid table rubbish when Wenger took over us. Middlesborough and Leeds spent big to try to win stuff and both ended up going down. There is a right way and a wrong way to do it Arsenal have earned their seat at the top table, we didn't buy our way there and because we did it the right way we have been a tough nut to move from the top table. Our investment in the stadium has secured our position up there for a long while yet too.

But I disagree that you have to be big spenders to be able to compete, all you have to do is look around Europe for recent winners of leagues to see that isn't true, Holland, Portugal, Germany and France have all had minnows win their leagues in recent years.

9. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

All teams in the premiership can compete. The problem is doing it on a regular basis. Swansea caught us after a midweek game, and were able to run us around a bit like we did to Barcelona a while back. Football is not an exact science, you can show up with a better team and still lose by 3 goals.

10. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Not sure we had much of an excuse against Swansea, Toledo. We've been poor all season and Swansea pretty much outplayed us the entire game. It's not like they needed to play rough, foul or cheat, they just beat us playing our style. I give Swansea maximum respect for beating us with quality football....

11. Arsenal4life

Plus Udinese in italy. Tiny wage bill but the best scouting network (must be surely) in world football.

12. Topgun

Topgun Member

Depends what you mean by compete, ie compete to win the title or compete to stay in the PL. A wage cap is the only solution to this, I know that is against European Law but some kind of exception is gonna have to be made to save football.

13. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

Don't disagree with that, Im just saying that just because they did it once, doesn't mean they would do it every time. Just because a player has a bad game or a bad run of games, doesn't mean he is a bad player, or that he always will be (same in reverse). People deal in absolutes way too much IMO.

14. lazarus20000

That's true. We don't have a bad team at all and i think with all our injuries and the whole Fabs/Nasri saga had a negative impact on our season. As long as the RVP situation and subsequent transfers happen in good time, we will enjoy a much better next season.

15. lazarus20000

A wage cap is a must. Why isn't 100-150k a week not good enough? We need to move away from this savage debt culture and live within our means. It would make everything so much more competitive too.

16. Arsenal4life

Never happen because the big clubs wouldnt accept it. The players wouldnt be able to break away it all depends on the clubs. People support arsenal, nobody will give a **** if rvp decided to leave and play in a break away league. Arsenal would still make money from us all

17. Topgun

Topgun Member

They brought it in for American sport, its the damn EU that stops it here. I would cap at 100K a week, that is an obscene amout of money and would allow all PL clubs to compete for players.

18. theHotHead

theHotHead New Member

Swansea are the tip of the iceberg, none of the top teams have had an easy ride playing them at home and they beat us AND Chelsea - so its no fluke <ok>

In all the leagues I mentioned a team from none of the traditional/established clubs won the league, thats an entire league campaign where they were consistently better than everyone else. It can be done and it has been done. Teams CAN break into the CL places without being big spenders.

19. Topgun

Topgun Member

The big clubs would benefit from it, what are you talking about. It would just stop super rich arabs and Russians from stomping on the rest.

20. lazarus20000

I agree, we need to stop this financial madness once and for all! Look at the spiralling debt of some of these European countries!