1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rochdale away

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by San Diego, Apr 5, 2021.

1. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Indeed, they might be keener to stay and battle for their place in a re-vitalised Club.

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

I find it amazing that even if some players want out of the club they are not exactly playing to attract other offers. It wouldn't take much to stand out in this team but if you really want a new contract, whether with us or somewhere else, you need to do more for yourself.

3. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Another example of the shoulder shrugging complacency which has been a major factor in our decline for too many Seasons.Please let that change under the new regime.

Southcoastoldgaffer and Nuggets like this.
  4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s fair. Nsiala is one who clearly gives his all in every match and he can do that in defence. Attackers depend on midfielders to make the right passes at the right time and midfielders depend on each other. Andre Dozzell consistently gives the ball away, which breaks down almost every move, destroys momentum and demotivates his teammates. The players have been chopped and changed so much that’s it’s been hard for some of them to get a rhythm going. I feel sympathy for players like Jackson who have been asked to do an impossible job and Edwards whose game deteriorated remarkably under Paul Lambert.

5. Bigalreigned

Infogol gives Andre a pass completion rate of 76% so I don’t think you’re being entirely fair either.

6. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Not being pedantic, but that stat is from 2018/19....
    Infogol have not updated their stats

Bigalreigned likes this.
  7. Bigalreigned

Doh!Well spotted.

8. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about Dozzell, he clearly has exceptional talent in terms of his passing but as we've said before talent isn't everything. Currently he seems like the definition of a luxury player and doesn't bring enough to the team for his talents. The last player we had from the academy like this was Garvan and have to say I rated him much higher than Dozzell, he may not have been the strongest but he even if he was having a bad game he wouldn't shy away from wanting the ball or being ready to battle in midfield. He did have a player like Magilton to look up to though.

I guess like alot of the managers we've had I do struggle to judge some of our players as many of these like Dozzell have come into a struggling team which has been on a downward momentum for the past 6 years. Perhaps not the best environment for academy players to come into the team.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021