1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

ROCKRIDGE SHOWDOWN

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Captainchaos., Feb 10, 2017.

1. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

ROCKRIDGE SHOWDOWN

Billy the kid did not die in 1881 !!!!!!!

IMG_0317.JPG

Legend says he was shot by Pat Garrat, however in reality pat shot an innocent man that night ..., his name was virgil tannon.

Virgil tannon was sent to the house of Billy's girlfriend by someone else who was tipped off about pat waiting there to kill him.(who tipped him off?)

Pat knew he was in some serious **** , so he agreed to cover the story up and the rest is history.

They both moved to a town called ROCKRIDGE where they set up a team of bandits which nobody including the sheriff has the balls to confront until now ...."boy they fast "!!!

IMG_0318.JPG

Meanwhile in 1985 doc and Marty travel back in time to 1882 and advise Bufford tannon pat garrat shot his son that night and that history intended that someone else be killed and not his son.

They are unable to travel to 1881 because part of their flux capacitor was given to someone who now lives in ROCKRIDGE

Great Scott!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0316.JPG

Upon hearing this news Bufford and his brother bill tannon ride on out in an attempt to avenge his sons death.

Doc and Marty realise they've ****ed up and decide to set up a plan to fix things so will help the town in their quest to correct things - they are looking for a part of the flux Capacitor which can take them back to 1881 to fix things.

In this town you never know who's coming for you so you'll be looking for goodies

Robbing the bank/opening the safe

Although this game is about revenge any bandit worth a grain of salt is always looking to steal money from the town safe and others are desperate to open it for other reasons ! the town folks will be determined that it stays locked

To open the safe you'll need to find three codes over the course of the game and if you find all 3 you can then attempt to open it.

Every day everyone will get a vote on where to search , so to place your vote just vote in bold on the game thread and you can change as many times as you like that day until 9pm

The town locations are shown in the picture below

IMG_0320.JPG

Important !!!'

The bandits and or others will have inside information that day on where to look, so who can you trust and what are the consequences of where you search as a group ?

The citizens (town ) will all check out the location with the most votes , however the bandits or potentially others can search a different location - they will do this via their pm threads.

Once any group has all the codes and wants to try to rob the bank you must request via pm

If the town find all the codes they can visit the bank to reset the code and will win the game

If you obtain all the codes can attempt to rob the bank - to do this you must request to via pm - once you arrive It won't be straight forward and you can attempt to rob it immediately or opt to let someone else go first this video might supply food for thought regarding this decision.

If you a send pm you will attempt within 1 hr and there's no turning back so if you want to let someone else go first don't send the pm.

If anyone attempts to rob the bank I'll post the update on the thread - if you also have all 3 codes you can either let them try and hope they fail or you can head them off at the pass ! This means you will have a showdown and it'll come down to gun power - to head them off at the pass you must send pm within 1 hr of me advising of the initial robbery request

If the town have all three codes they will visit the bank automatically and bandits or others can also attempt to head them off at the pass, however they must also posses all 3 codes themselves to do so .

All this is bad news for the town who are already fed up with the lawlessness and have decided every night at 9pm they will hang one person.

This will be done as always by voting on the game thread in bold

Example

Nev

I'll update the voting table throughout the day and you can change as many times as you like until 9pm

The lynch voting poll ends at 9pm each night

Guns

Some players start with a gun but for others there's ways of getting one and that'll be explained in the daily updates.

IMG_0315.JPG

Gun ratings

Colts 10 power
    Beretta 9 power
    Ruger 8 power

Cimarron unpredictable power but I know obviously 7-10

At the end of each day I'll post how many guns were found to help people figure out what kind of a hand they're holding

If you have a gun you can offer anyone to a gunfight at anytime during the game

This fight unless otherwise stated in daily update will only take place if a gunfight offer is accepted

If you want to offer a gunfight you must pm me asking me to send a specific player a request and I'll pm back the answer.

Only one battle request can be sent per player that day unless otherwise stated in the daily update .

IMG_0313.JPG

How it works ?

If your gun trumps there's you win

Eg colt beats baretta

If your gun harnesses the same power as theirs it's best of 5 coin tosses unless you posses another gun which is possible.

Results are posted immediately because gunfights take place with immediate effect - if people arnt online the request will be remain pending until they can respond

I'll be doing live text on gunfights

These could impact the game so use them wisely

You can choose to give me a one liner before you draw your weapon which will be posted in the live text

Once a gun you've found has been used you no longer have it to use unless you had a Key role and started the game with one in which case you can keep using it.

Gunfights are a bit of banter and are separate from the usual daily actions but you will most certainly either die, or kill someone so remember only fools rush in.

Important

You must not post anything on the thread about offering a gun fight it's all done behind the scenes via pm !!!!

I will only post the identity of the loser in the live text battle

Characters/roles

The ghost of Virgil tannon - an evil spirit that will claim the life of one person every night - to claim a kill you must send pm of your chosen target by 9pm each day. The ghost cannot be killed unless lynched but if you attempt to kill him this should offer clues. If the ghost attempts to kill bill or Bufford tannon he'll not kill them! They'll learn about virgils death and the ghost will be recruited by the tannons. If the ghost attempts to kill the priest it's 50/50-the ghost can kill and be killed in gunfights

Bandit group A ( the kids gang )- can all communicate with each other

Billy the kid - the fastest hand in the game and starts with a colt he gets one kill per night and he'll either go himself or send pat If you attempt to lock him up he will kill the deputy and escape. If attacked he will fire.

Pat garrat - starts the game with a baretta he will take Billy's gun if billy is killed- if attacked he will fire- pat has a drinking problem he feels guilty about killing Virgil

Snake eyes - can investigate a player each night and will not be seen to be shot at while doing so - he will take control of pat or Billy's gun potentially if he is killed also.

They cannot be recruited by the tannons

All your actions must be via pm thread to me by 9pm each night

Bandits b - ( the tannon boys) can communicate

One kill per night

Bufford tannon - starts the game with a colt he's not as fast as billy but he's angry and that means he's every chance of killing him if they meet face to face- will fire if attacked. If he tries to kill the ghost nothing will happen

Bill tannon - starts with a Kruger investigates each night and gets one recruit during the game. Gun will be used in any defence- will fire if attacked - if he tries to kill the ghost nothing will happen

They have a recruit option but cannot kill on the same night - they cannot recruit billy , his crew or park Denver Owens

Sherrif Brady - starts the game with a colt - he won't go out to kill anyone unless he has information from his deputy that they are suspicious but he will use his colt if provoked. He's pretty fast too. Can communicate with deputy Johnson

Deputy Johnson - starts the game with a ruger can lock up anyone once a night and will get information on them after nightfall which both he and sheriff Brady are privy to. His lock up success rate is guaranteed unless it's the kid in which case he's ****ed. Anyone locked up cannot be killed that night.

The info he gets after locking up a player will simply state whether they are suspicious or not.

Emmit Johnson - he's the local barman and every day he can get anyone completely ****ered and it reduces their gunfighting ability by -2 - this includes the power of their gun during nightly actions.

Mary valentine - the local and vulnerable slut - she can select a man to spend the night with each night which could potentially save her life because the chosen will try to protect her unless it's someone that's already opted to kill her of course - town player

Ernie grumble - he's a gunsmith and if he finds a gun he can gain +1 power to it - town player

Gudmonson - he's a young boy a tea leaf and he's very good at it - he's a town player despite his occupation though! Every day he can pick the pocket of his chosen target but he'll start the game unarmed. If he picks your pocket you'll never know until you draw your gun ! Gudmonson can only hold onto one gun at a time, so if he steals another he'll switch them if it suits him

Doc and Marty - what they are doing ???? They have opted to stick with the town and try to bring peace and **** off back to 1985 - they can communicate and can use time travel twice during the game which can save their life . Time travel will not save either from a lynch

Errol Eastwood - you are the town mayor and have long been under the control of the kid and his team, so you're delighted to see an opportunity for peace in ROCKRIDGE your lynch vote will be worth double

The priest - town player that offers sanctuary - if any player opts for a night in your sanctuary you will learn their identity but this must not be shared because you're sworn in secrecy to not do so- the identity of who took sanctuary will NOT be released - you can hold 2 players night and its first come first served. The Priest is always safe from being killed unless he opts to take a gunfight - if the ghost attempts to kill the priest he will use his bible in an attempt to save himself , however this could go either way because he'll either lose the battle or win it and it's 50/50 - if he is killed sanctuary can no longer be sought.

Hedley Lamar - he is the the bank manager a he'll protect the safe with his rifle if you attempt to rob the bank unless he's dead of course - his rifle is power 10 and will only be used in that circumstance. He may well hold an important piece of information - some say it's a 4th code he is unaware of the full code and he could plan to escape with the loot it's his decision come that time if he's alive at least anyway

Dexter ribber - vanilla town - the town butcher - you will be feeding everyone a daily meal and you can lace a player of your choice with turbolax- this will lower any players gunfighting ability by - 2 - you're a town player and you don't have to lace a player if you feel it's a risk - his action has no effect on the ghost of Virgil

Park Denver Owens - he's a drunk and rumour has it he was once a budding young gun but something in his past troubles him ! he used to work for the kid and was a freind of Virgil's he's known to ramble on about motorised caridges and how hes alive today because of them

Lesley picket - he's vanilla town he's a train driver - every day he'll drive the train and he's responsible for hiding its cargo - if he's successful in keeping the cargo safe he'll keep it or at least keep one of the items within the days cargo. - the cargo said to hold weapons.

Lone Ranger - nobody knows this newcomer - he's a recluse and will not be interested in being recruited and he's got a baretta but it only has one bullet and will only be used in defence because he's seeking --r---- - ---r-

Blufford mattix- vanilla town the general store manager - you have turbolax antidote and resolve so if you are ****ered or have the ****s you'll be ok - you also supply emmit Johnson with alcohol so you can choose to supply arsonic once during the game - this will kill whoever drinks it that day so use it wisely - it will have no impact on the ghost .

Sanctuary

Any player can opt for sanctuary but the priest will learn your identity

A player cannot seek sanctuary two days running

Sanctuary will not save you from the lynch

If Mary valentine requests the priest to sleep with she'll take one of the two available spaces unless they're already taken and if that occurs she'll be unable to choose the priest

If the priest dies nobody can seek sanctuary

Order of actions

If any secret agenda is initiated I'll notify everyone in the thread with immediate effect

1. Gunfights, gudmonson, lock up, train looting, mattix, dexter ribber , doc and Marty and barman actions take place with immediate effect

2. Lynch vote

3. Mary valentine action

4. Sanctuary actions

5 Bandits a b occur simultaneously

6. Ghost of Virgil tannon

7. Location findings

8 Investigation and recruit results

Town wins if the ghost and all bandits are dead and they keep the safe locked

Ghost wins if he gets kills everyone or if he's recruited by the tannons and they win

Bandits win if the opposing bandits are dead the town folks are outnumbered or dead and they rob the bank.

A mystery surrounds this town so it's possible that there's other outcomes

In so far

Tobes
    Astro
    Albert
    Obi
    Penfold
    Mito
    Ben10
    Mitro
    Valley
    Musty
    Tol3
    Nev
    Style
    Biscan
    Beardsley
    Bobby d
    General lee
    Darren
    Swantastic
    Windy
    Solid
    Zingy

The start dates the 13th march so I'm expecting people to ask questions before it starts to make day 1 less difficult for us all basically

Remember each day I'll post objectives which could be any of the following or something not listed

Train robbery
    Search for codes
    No gunfight refusal day
    Piss up
    Secret agenda initiation

Rules

- No speaking about the game outside of this thread.

- Once you are dead, you can't post anymore in this thread.

- Do NOT reveal your role to others unless you are close to being lynched.

- Do not post anything about a gunfight you've requested or received on the game thread ! It'll be arranged behind the scenes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
    Warmir Pouchov and swantastic like this.
  2. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

All sounds great Captain

Initial questions are

1) In the order of actions where does sanctuary request happen. i.e. Could a sanctuary request save you from a gun fight if you chicken out or if the gun fight was forced on you?
    2) A similar question in regard to Mary. Could she sleep with someone to protect herself from a gun fight?

Also do these actions protect you from Virgil kill?

That's all for now but I'm sure you'll need to explain more to me before the start

Captainchaos. likes this.
  3. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

I have a question too: just how many times can Doc & Marty **** things up and cause **** to happen, yet still be treated like they're the good guys?

4. Obi Wan

And another question : I still get my lightsaber and space rockets, right?

5. Captainchaos.

Sorry yes I should have explained this

Anyone can pm me asking to seek
    Sanctuary each day but this will not save you from the lynch or the ghost

Gunfights happen immediately so you requesting sanctuary would be a waste of time as that action would occur at 9pm and the same reason means Mary can't escape a gunfight

The best way to avoid a gun fight is to decline the offer lol But there may be a day in which you cannot decline an gunfight offer

6. Captainchaos.

No lightsabers or rockets but if I get a few more people I'll be adding a few interesting characters

7. Captainchaos.

That's the problem with time travel it's like mixing up cds in cd cases! You can't resolve it easily

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

"Bandit group A ( the kids gang )- can all communicate with each other "

Question:

Should "kids" in the above sentence be a capital "K" or a small"k"?

<whistle>

BobbyD likes this.
  9. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

"Bandits b - ( the tannon boys) can communicate"

Question:

Should "tannon" and "boys" in "the tannon boys" be a capital "T" and capital "B" respectively or a small "t" and small "b" respectively or even a combination of small and capitals?

:)

10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Is Bill doolin one of the "tannon boys"? If so, why is his surname not Tannon? Is he really a boy? Or does he come originally from Tannon? Or has he changed his name by Deed Poll?

11. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

12. Captainchaos.

13. Captainchaos.

Can you lock this thread now please guys ?

Cheers

14. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Think I've done that as requested.

15. Obi Wan

16. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

<doh>

17. Obi Wan

<doh>

18. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

You still have the old mod powers?

:police:

19. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Has this started now?

20. Captainchaos.

No mate 13th march