1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roker report, Keiron Brady e-mail.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Gil T Azell, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Don't know how to post the link but a good read. Found it on Twitter.

2. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

3. Gil T Azell

Gil T Azell Well-Known Member

Cheers ya clever bugger.

Oliver's Army likes this.
  4. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

Gus knew the wheels on the bus don't go round and round

5. Oliver's Army

Oliver's Army Well-Known Member

Always speaks a lot of sense does Kieron. Also agree that Gus had the measure of the club.

6. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I've heard Brady say that stuff about the club being a holiday camp somewhere before. I wonder who the player he spoke to was. McCoist maybe?

He's got some good ideas. Would be nice if the club picked up on what he has to say.

Nostradamoose and Gil T Azell like this.
  7. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Yeh mate good read

Gil T Azell likes this.
  8. Build Back Better

Build Back Better Active Member

He speaks well, writes well and this is a long overdue task for safc. he is on the right lines asking these questions.

given the player incidents we have had over the years leading in one case to a prison sentence I have often wondered whether the club has the first clue about how to deal with its players. They seem unable to manage or communicate with them

it’s probably therefore a difficult task for the manager to get much respect from some of the players

Safc is a failed club. There is now no doubt about it in my mind. Our crappy records, constant relegations, bottling performances at Wembley et al demonstrates this.

for a club with so much going for it in fact everything going for it, safc really are a monumental mess. Small time as **** and incompetently run.

9. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Worse, it is now run from a bunker by skirt chaser having a mid life crisis.
    Doesnt bode well
    To quote the pogues
    Merry xmas me arse I thank god it's our last.
    Let's hope sordid stewie, hill and PP are having their last xmas at our club
    What an utter shambles the whole lot are

10. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

11. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

12. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Does that mean your not coming back after Christmas? Counting the days

farnboromackem likes this.
  13. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

Yes gus has been a howling success since he left. Big clubs lining up to secure his services, just make sure you dont go barefooted around changing rooms.
    It would seem KB's blueprint would apply to stoke maybe. What about norwich..epitome of a yo yo club. With delis there the cuisine at that holiday camp must be the dogs whatnots.
    Southampton..the club we should all be emulating. Conveyor belt of talent, hiring savvy managers...ooh !
    What about camp Watford, maybe Everton for having fun?
    KB has done nothing but add sheen to the grey nothing man he has been for decades. A few many runs in a crap team in a crap league when moses was a lad and lo and behold he is the Oracle of football fixers??
    He has spouted what fans want to hear.
    Players are overpaid and overindulged. They all need a damn good thrashing. Why ..oh well di canio and poyet told me. Ye gods.
    Fans were crying out for short to spend money on the likes of Adam johnson, bent, gyan et al. I doubt there is a club that hasnt spent and wasted money. Arsenal, man utd ( even in successful years ) were notorious for their drinking cultures.
    It's a load of clickbait nonsense

14. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

What a load of rubbish you come out with. The club has underperformed for years, a variety of managers have come and gone, a variety of players have come and gone, several owners have come and gone, and yet the same problems still persist. Brady has tried to suggest a way to get to the heart of the matter. He clearly cares about the club. But maybe you'd prefer it if he just did what you do and flung needless criticism at anyone and anything that comes within a 10 mile radius of the club.

Blond Bombshell and Owld Feller like this.
  15. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

16. Owld Feller

Owld Feller Well-Known Member

He admitted that he'd not been the ideal professional, when he wrote "This is not in any way an attempt to moralise, I was often unprofessional in my fledgling career as you may recall."

He refers to a specific example in the article below.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo...nd-boss-reveals-how-15399072#comments-section

That, imho, does not though lessen the deep felt concern he clearly feels, nor the relevance of his suggestions/questions.

Indeed, his admission only makes his views more pertinent in my book

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    Sheep Farmer and The Norton Cat like this.
  17. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Oh yes i read the article.
    It was tongue in cheek.
    Dont get me wrong, I would have KB over the likes of mcgeady any day.
    There's less excuse to be fat in the modern game compared to old cultures. And I'm pretty sure KB wasn't a bully.
    ( I was surprised to read how little amount of games KB played seemed more.)

What i cannot get my head round is this so called culture within the club considering the amount of change in ownership and staff over the years .
    I'm not disputing it and have in fact wondered what is wrong with the club going as far back as Roy Keane's comments of struggling to attract players to the North East etc.

Maybe we are cursed and need to get a Shaman in :)

I know an uncle of mine, a mag, was involved in the construction of the Davey lamp and gates at an engineering firm in i think Washington,
    He joked that one shift were Mackems and his were mags.
    He hinted that things were hidden in the base of the lamp but wouldn't tell me what.
    Dig the fooka up :eek::D

Joking aside, who hasn't looked at the players we have attracted considering Roy's comments.
    The money we have spent and the size and history of the club and wondered why the fook have we underachieved so much.

No i welcome his comments and hopefully the club can learn and build from past mistakes and the sooner the better.

Sheep Farmer likes this.