1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Roman is selling the Club - statement on official site right now…

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Bristol Blue, Mar 2, 2022.

1. CFC: Champs £launderx17

To repeat my post on other thread. Let's leave the bedwetting to Spurs fans.

As predicted (outside the SSN and Talksport hysteria) the government are open to amending Chelsea's Licence to operate to allow the sale to take place, as long as the proceeds don’t benefit Abramovich. Of course, Abramovich had already made it clear that he didn’t want any of his money back, nor any of the “net proceeds”, so all the government have to do is allow Raine Group to conduct this process including a charitable foundation to benefit victims of the war in Ukraine, which Abramovich was going to do anyway.

“As the licence conditions are written today, the sale would not be allowed. However, if a buyer emerged it would be open to that buyer or to that football club to approach the government and ask for the conditions to be varied in a way that allows that sale to take place.' Chris Philp MP

Apparently Chelsea’s bank accounts are not suspended. Apparently. Money can be spent on costs cleared by the licenses issued yesterday. Temporary suspension of credit cards though as club/provider work out use under license regulations. Anyway, this is unconfirmed so who knows.

Trivago have confirmed they will stick with Chelsea for time being.

Nike possibly too.

We may be able to sell home tickets under special provision (there are only 3 home Prem games that haven't gone on sale, 27000 or so tickets. Rest are sold out)

Maybe the sanctions won't make a huge change to Roman's plan.

Bullet tooth Tony likes this.
  2. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Roman nor Chelsea started this war. Getting mega rich is not a crime, ask Elon Musk Trump et al. Do you think Abramovic has any influence on Putin. If you do then why did he propose to donate the profits from the sale to the victims of the war. He may well be in fear of the next Polonium strike.

Bristol Blue and Diego like this.
  3. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

I don't rely on Newspapers or TV stations. I was inaccurate though, it's oil and gas, the gas mostly LNG. Some of it comes directly from Russia, some from Russia via Finland. Confused ?? Me too, these little deals among Governments really obfuscate what's going on.
    Germany is worse off, as are many European countries, who must all have great Intelligence Agencies. Apparently none of them had a clue Putin was what he is, even after his little outing in the Crimea. And in the UK, RA has been here 20 years, so Clouseau of MI5 must be a genius too.
    Face it, when there's a quid to be made, every Government takes it and looks the other way.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
    Bristol Blue and Diego like this.
  4. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Maybe you should, because you were completely wrong. It is 4 per cent not 17 which makes your post redundant

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Can’t you read?? Admitted mistake , oil, gas it all comes from Russia, so take another pill and have a lie down.

6. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Did I hear somewhere that there were chats in support of Roman at the Norwich game and the despot derby? I can’t believe this as no fans could ever be so insensitive.

rangercol likes this.
  7. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Yeah, i think i heard two old ladies chatting at half-time over their mugs of bovril about Roman. Terrible insensitive of them !

8. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

So where the reports in the press wrong? Genuine question as the Chelsea fan I know we’re always a little uncomfortable with him.

9. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

You might want to edit your original post....i was only pulling your chain :emoticon-0105-wink:.

10. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not condoning or condemning chants but it's interesting that in a so called democracy we are now policing football chants.

Bristol Blue likes this.

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

**** me, you lot are in complete denial.

You just don't get it do you?
    You deserve everything that's hopefully coming your way.

12. District Line

Forum Moderator

Bids are due to be submitted this week and the club will be sold quickly. Anybody's guess as to who Raine will sell to but you'd think Boehly or Saudi Media Group are front runners - in any case the reality is we will most likely have a wealthier owner and have our £1.5 billion debt wiped out. Anybody who believed it would be the end of the club is living in a fantasy land, it's a different predicament to what we were in 19 years ago.

Diego and Bodinki like this.
  13. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

Our supporters have been worse...

:emoticon-0159-musicAdam Johnson, he shags who he wants:emoticon-0159-music

Diego likes this.
  14. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I meant that you lot are treating Abramovic like a hero and flying the Russian flag and singing his name.

Deluded, plus typically scummy.

I'll leave you to it.

15. Chelsea Pensioner

I'll leave it to a more believable source than Boris Johnsons' Government.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Cannot believe we'd jump from a Russian Oligarch to a Saudi Media Group. That would be lunacy given Saudi human rights violations, slaughters and mass beheadings.
    On the other hand, be nice to see the hypocrites in Downing Street wrestle with that problem.. probably agree if the Saudis buy more arms from British manufacturers.

District Line and Bodinki like this.
  17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Yemen genocides dont count, because the Saudi's are our allies politically, and they provide us with too much oil.
    Russia dont gel with Western ideals so when they invade another sovereign state its a travesty.
    Abramovich is a dirty motherfucker, but lets be real, he doesnt contribute to a government who throws homosexuals off roofs and behead women who have sex outside of marriage.
    Sanctioning our owner when literally 3 months ago you gave the thumbs up to Newcastle's owners......
    I mean if you are gonna bring politics into football, then at least be consistent.

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

lol rival fans jacking off with glee thinking they have removed a rival <laugh>
    in 3 weeks it'll be business as usual, with a new owner.
    nothing is "coming our way".....lol
    CFC will have lost maybe £5-£10m in lost earnings, thats it.
    New sponsors will come in

Diego and District Line like this.
  19. District Line

Forum Moderator

But this entire process is exactly why the pretence that Abramovich is the only billionaire with skeletons in his closet was always naive - you'd struggle to find a billionaire with a completely clean slate.

Exactly and this experience will unify the dressing room in the short-term and bring the fans, managers and players closer together. No team will want to face us whilst this is going on.

20. District Line

Forum Moderator

I wasn't at the Norwich or Newcastle game but all accounts I've heard from close mates with season tickets and people I trust have said there were very few chants and certainly no Russian flags.

I was at the Wembley game and there were dozens of Ukraine flags as well as anti-Putin chants.

Most of these reports of loud swathes of Abramovich/Russian support are false and just pure schemata in many cases. It would be easier for people to just admit they don't like the club than pretend they care about Ukraine. Abramovich has links to Putin - but this has nothing to do with ordinary fans, the players and the staff who work at the club on a daily basis - this shouldn't be forgotten amongst the moral outrage taking place.