1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill/Wishlist Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Itchen North Matt, May 6, 2011.

1. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

Thought it might be good to have all of these in one place (any chance of a sticky please?).

A place to look at all the possible leads, shaggy dog stories and internet garbage that's floating around and have a good bit of banter about it.

Even if you have heard nothing, are there any players that you would like to see in Saints shirts next season? I'm sure you don't need reminding to try to keep these realistic!

A player on my mind is Yannick Bolasie of Plymouth. Not that I enjoy revelling in their hard times, but he's young, very promising and he's been their stand out player this season. We could probably snap him up for less than he's worth to provide the extra width we've been short of at times.

2. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Matt

Summer Rumour Mill Thread ... I like it!

Look forward to seeing the some of the fairytales come out during the Footie break to entertain us all.

Wonder how long it will be til we hear the line ... "Dont shoot the messenger or After speaking to my source.." <laugh>

Again to repeat Matt comment , lets keep it in good humour & banter! <ok>

Worthy Sticky applied , good idea!

3. CorteseIsOurLeader

A very good idea indeed

This is always my favourite sort of discussion! At least its the one that tends to make me laugh the most.

How long until someone suggests that they have seen Michael Owens agent down at St.Mary's? I reakon well before the start of pre-season thats for sure ;)

I'll kick off by asking if people think that any of the players we have been linked numerously with in recent times might crop up again e.g. Neil Danns at Palace or Brian Stock from Donny?

Personally I would think these are the sort of players with Championship expereince that are likely to be looked at/brought in. However, I always enjoy a good outlandish old/prem legend!

Also anyone else extreamely excited for the game tomorrow!? No-one at Uni can understand my excitement at what they see as a game with nothing riding on it! CUMON YOU SAINTS!!!!!

4. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

Football League Paper say we're interested in Brian Howard (Reading) and Yannick Bolasie (Plymouth)

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

i would like to see us sign
    micheal mancienne ( chelsea)
    brian howard (reading)
    dale stephens ( oldham)
    james vaughan ( everton)
    and then i would like to see some youngsters come through mainly ward-prowse and sam hoskins

6. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Bolasie would be a useful asset. Have not heard much re Howard although were we not linked with him in January?
    Dale stephans looks useful to me I think he will be signed as I believe that was the terms of the loan deal

7. CorteseIsOurLeader

Brian Howard would be really good. Would definantly be happy with him as I rate him really highly. Would we need both him and Dale Stephens though?

I don't think we are likely to see anymore than one new central defender, one central midfield player and one new pacey striker. Possibly a winger once Puncheon goes too.

Anyone reakon we could get hold of Dale Jennings? He has really impressed this year in what is a pretty mediocre side

8. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

I'll go back to a post that I made on 606 after the FA Cup game against Blackpool and say that I reckon we should be in for their winger Matt Phillips.

He was easily their best player in that game and if, as I'm hoping (yep, that's directed at you Holloway...!!), they join us in the Championship next season then he could be tempted away.

Not sure about Bolasie though as I'm assuming that he's only on the radar due to his goal against us last week.

9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Notice that on Echo site (presumably copied from elsewhere), NA said he didn't forsee major changes. Our team was strong and the summer would be spent looking at a few players who could improve our side. I don't reckon that NA would spend all season building a side just to dismantle it.

10. Itchen North Matt

Itchen North Matt Active Member

Bolasie has been excellent all season, its not just the goal against us. He would be a useful signing. We could even loan Jack Stephens back there on loan as part of a deal.

I'd predict that a new centre half will be left footed as Fonte, Jaidi and Martin are all right footed and it helps the balance to have one of each.

11. fran-MLs little camera

Always better to have two legs or you tend to fall over. Is that what's wrong with Barcelona?:emoticon-0136-giggl

12. timatoketchup

timatoketchup Well-Known Member

Craig mackail-smith would bolster the attack nicely, If they dont go up I think we could snap him up.

13. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Rumour has it that Brighton are under investigation for their recent pitch invasions, I hope nothing comes of it, but can we take the risk tomorrow? There are a few numpties who think it is their right to run on the pitch after the final whistle, that could be very costly if it all goes wrong, would you be proud if you were responsible for Saints being docked points? Would you be happy if you were banned from watching next years rise up the Championship? The choice is yours, as a responsible Saints fan you don't have my permission to foul up my pleasure, please don't do it.

14. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

So who does he play for and do you think he'll be any good for us? ;)

15. Qwerty

Qwerty Well-Known Member

It is rumoured that none of the players mentioned on this topic will be signed.

16. SAINTDON13

The heading does say rumour mill, it is not specific I hope.

17. SAINTDON13

Murray hasn't agreed a contract and there are 6 other Brighton players getting the boot, don't know much about them.

18. fran-MLs little camera

How accurate have we been in spotting a signing before it happens? We didn't even guess the name of our new manager.

19. sotonstu

sotonstu Member

the blue few lmao, didnt one of our current players turn u down to sign for us? morgan schniederlin his name i think.

20. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

I did hear a rumour that Pompey are looking at Rajidae. He's spent a lot of time in the "lower leagues", and his form has been a bit flat of late, but he is cheap and could be a good catch for them.

The source of this rumour has been 100% dependable in the past; it has always let me down.

As for Saints, I think your guess is as good as mine. Then again, my guess is probably as good as yours!<laugh>