1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Rumours, goss 'n tosh - Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, Oct 24, 2019.

1. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I thought so, too, Rick. I wondered where Emi's Whoscored rating was coming from. Now I know. I guess if we don't score the goal, I don't think as much about who made the pass that led to the shot.

JM Fan and RiverEndRick like this.
  2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

3. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

4. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

I can't see either of those rumours being true. SW doesn't recruit 30 year old players and certainly not for €10-13m. Okoroji is more SW's type, but only if Lewis is off in January, which I doubt very much.

5. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

An interesting one Cromer and I hope it's more that Heise isn't able to step up.

6. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

So, if Heise and Roberts are not able to make the required grade, you have to question our normally watertight recruitment team? And Farke's judgement.
    Exactly the same with Passlack last season :emoticon-0112-wonde

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

You can't expect perfection in recruitment otherwise we would be a Champions League side.

Generally their record is excellent <ok>

8. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm still confident that Roberts will be able to 'step up to the plate' and I was always told that 'the way to have more successes was to have more failures!!'
    Their ratio of successes to failures is pretty impressive though. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

canary-dave likes this.
  9. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

We hardly signed anyone new last window, preferring instead to give the promotion winners extended contracts. So two failures is actually far too high.

10. RiverEndRick

Like JMF, I think Roberts may well work out. He's competing against Buendia, Hernandez and Cantwell, so hasn't got a look in yet, except in cup games. Heise is being kept out by Lewis except in cup games. Byram is on the bench more because he can play at RB or LB. Passlack was pushed out by the sudden rise of Aarons and as a loan, was hardly an expensive option for the club. Like many young players, he didn't make the move up.

JM Fan likes this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

12. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

Am I right in thinking we only gave Klose a year extension? With him set to miss most of that remaining year, a new CB signing whilst in the PL wouldn’t be the worst idea

13. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

With other clubs sniffing around Godfrey already, if he doesn't go in January he most likely will at the end of the season (especially if we don't improve our current league position <yikes> ) so I agree
    another CB would make sense.

14. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

The club may take a pragmatic view of those two potentially leaving as an opportunity for Famewo and Bushiri to step into the first team next season.

15. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

16. RiverEndRick

Klose signed a 3 year contract which expires on 30.06.2022, so another 2 years after this season. That makes me think we'd be more likely to look for a short term loan in January unless Godfrey leaves. Disasi looks like the sort of player we'd be looking for, but is he ready for the PL? Would he stay if we go down?

17. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

NORWICH SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING DISASI SWOOP

I'm sorry, but a 'swoop' of what birds of prey do - sudden, rapid and totally unexpected.
    With six (6) weeks to go until the TW opens, I'd suggest none of the above apply <grr>
    Plus Reims have said they have no wish to lose him, so if money talks, that's NCFC out of the equation!

https://readnorwich.com/2019/11/17/norwich-seriously-considering-disasi-swoop/

[from a different article]
    READ NORWICH VERDICT
    Christoph Zimmermann is poised to return in the coming weeks, but there is no doubting that Norwich still need to sign a centre-back in January. Timm Klose is set to miss the majority of the season and then the only back-up to Godfrey and Zimmerman is Grant Hanley, who was a liability at the start of the campaign.

Norwich need more experience at the back and someone to give Farke more options at the back. If Stuart Webber can bring another centre-back in, Farke could opt for a back three with Godfrey, Zimmermann and a new signing – allowing Max Aarons and Jamal Lewis to operate as wing-backs.

18. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Typical crap reporting, Hanley was a liability ?, Are we performing better or worse as a team since he got injured ?

JM Fan likes this.
  19. RiverEndRick

Handley had that unfortunate own goal against Liverpool, but against Newcastle and Chelsea he had ratings of 7.14 & 7.15 which indicate solid performances. Klose is now the only injury so if he's likely to miss the rest of the season it would seem logical to get a CB on loan to cover for him.

JM Fan likes this.
  20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member