1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RvP's Final Goodbye

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Randy712, Jul 8, 2012.

1. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Evening lads, haven't posted in a while due to exams but take a minute to read my latest post below - i know it might be a bit late for the topic, only finished exams yesterday!
    Read the blog http://the-beautiful-game.org/
    Follow on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/beautifulgame9
    Like on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheBeautifulGame9
    ---
    Cast your mind back to 10th December 2011. The scene was a chilly winter’s night at the Emirates Stadium, North London. Despite the sub-zero temperatures, a furnace brew commemorating Arsenal’s 125th year of existence. A raking cross-field pass from Alex Song found Robin Van Persie skirting the 18-yard line and the result being almost predictable. With the likes of Thierry Henry in the stands, and Van Persie in white-hot form, greats of Arsenal new and old were in a jubilous mood as the Gunner’s took home 3 points.

Six months on, Arsenal fans are crestfallen.

As we know, Robin Van Persie this week stated that he would not be renewing his contract at Arsenal effectively calling time on his Arsenal career. Eight years have passed since Wenger shed £2.75 million for him yielding 96 goals in 194 games.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out that the last 18 months proved to the world that when fit, Van Persie is one of the most feared striker’s on the planet. However, the sparsity of his appearance have led many Gunners riling his decision. This last season was the only one in the last 8 years he managed to play in over 30 league games. Perennial injury records coupled to playing second fiddle to the likes of Thierry Henry and Emmanuel Adebayor have led many to believe he owes a lot more to the club before leaving. But the question is, does he?

Sure the appearance statistics do not lie in favour of the Dutchman, but a sheer lack of success in recent years may have pushed the boat out too far. Turning 29 in August, Van Persie has no more than three to four years of top class football remaining in him, so understandably he’d want to move to fulfil his ambitions. And with greatest respect to Arsenal, I personally cannot see a massive influx of trophies at the Emirates.

If however, this latest twist in the tale is a ploy to engineer a pay-day elsewhere, then not only will Arsenal fans be gritting their teeth, but most neutral fans will be too. Far too many players sell their dignity for an extra few zero’s at the end of their already saturated bank statements. Take Christopher Samba as an example – remember him? Remember the hype and media exposure into his contract disputes? Well he know plies his trade in Anzhi, Russia. Earning £100,000 per week. Ahem.

A lot of rumours are claiming that Manchester City are indeed tapping up Van Persie, but that can, and probably won’t ever be proven. Whether Van Persie would agree to a move, knowing that he’d lose all respect of the fans that loved and adored him previously is another question. To delve further and question the motive – whether finance or ambition is something only he will know; that’s you Samir Nasri.

The acquisitions of Podolski and Giroud should soften the blow for Arsenal fans, but they should be all too used this. Henry, Vieira, Cole and Fabregas all left for pastures anew in recent times, yielding successful careers since. The club have been labelled a ‘selling club’ – but Arsenal haven’t necessarily collapsed without them.

One player doesn’t make a team – Arsene Wenger knows that all too well. And just as the motto emblazoned on the base of the club’s unique 125th year emblem states – the club will continue to move ‘forward’, with or without their talisman.

Comments very much welcome.

2. The Zlatan

The Zlatan Well-Known Member

3. Randy712

Randy712 Member

That looks a drunk statement indeed.

4. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Nice article Randy. As a fan, i didn't want RVP to leave, not just for the sake of our moving forward, but of me enjoying watching him play fantastic football for us. However, i can't begrudge him of a move as i can't see Arsenal winning major honours with our current team, as much as it pains me to say. So should he leave, i will have a heavy heart and say bye and thanks for the memories......

By the way Mods, can you please do something about these Zlatan's?

5. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Thanks mate. Just got back from my mates house who's a season ticket holder at the Emirates. He said that Usmanov is planning a 'hostile' like takeover for the majority shareholder at the club. He said that the current board have refused any 'donations' previously from him. Whats that all about?

6. Cb

Cb Active Member

Nice article but i disagree rvp owes the club nothing. On the back of 6 injury prone seasons of putting up with him rvp owes arsenal for making him the pkayee he is today irrespective of how many trophies we obtain he has stabbed us in the back. With regards to usmanov im in a minority but i dont want soneone as corrupt as he is takibg over the club...it just stinks! All thr recent letters he has sent are simply pr moves to gain mass support.

7. The Zlatan

Have I done something to upset you, lazarus twenty thousand?

8. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Not sure what is going on behind the scenes but i fear something stinky is afoot. Hopefully the truth will come out soon. Personally i couldn't care less if Usmanov got into power or not. Silent Stan has taken over for the past few years and he's done jack sh1t so far. In fact, our team has somehow got worst. Now that is an achievement in itself!

Rather than respond to his article you've just added some pointless characters that have made no sense. Then you have the other Zlatan say something in response to it.

9. Randy712

Randy712 Member

Have faith mate, take heart in knowing that Arsenal are within striking distance off the top without the financial clout of other clubs. A little bit of cash-flow and possibilities are endless.

10. The Zlatan

That's because he is shamelessly promoting his website. I'm sure if you took the time to put those characters into Google, you would find out what they mean.

The other Zlatan should be removed.