1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

rvw and holty

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by canary on the weald, Mar 23, 2013.

1. canary on the weald

canary on the weald Active Member

how does everyone think holty and wolfie will team up? do you think it will happen or will it mean holt spending a lot more time on the bench? (not his favourite place)

2. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

I can't see Holt being here next season TBH, or Jackson for that matter. I may be wrong but the club seems to be moving forward and at 33 next birthday I think they will let him go.

3. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

Even if they can it makes you wonder a little for Kamara and Beccio. would seem to spell the end for Jackson I guess.

Would much rather we are signing players who are better than we have though even if by doing so some fans favourites must be shipped on.

4. Kenny Foggo on the Wing!!!

I hate to say it but I agree.

5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

As Holt will only turn 32 next month, I think you're ageing him prematurely. I seem to recall that he was written off when City returned to the Championship, and then again after promotion to the PL and so on. For me, as long as he is still having an impact on the team's performance as player or captain or both, then he still has a role to play. Remember Dion at 36. With KK and Becchio as well, I think City would have a very effective strike force for next season. I'd put the emphasis on CM and defence after that. Quality rather than quantity, IMO.

6. Beefforhire-NCFC

Beefforhire-NCFC Well-Known Member

You need options. A lot of people are putting two and two together here and getting 25. I don't see why people think he's gone? He's got goals in him

7. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

From Holt's perspective, I don't think he's looking to move on just yet. Whilst he's made no secret of his desire to end his career with Carlisle, I doubt he'd have kicked up such a fuss last season if he planned on going this year. Yes the moving of his family up north seems strange to us, but he'll have done what's best for his young family.

From the clubs perspective, he's performed just as well this season as last, if not better. He's had less service, but still ran defender ragged and so many Centre Backs up and down the country must hate playing against him. RvW will come in expecting to be first choice, and from what I've heard he's used to playing as a lone striker, but Holt will offer a second option. When we need a battering ram and the chance of a route 1 escape, we're not going to attract anyone better than Holt for that role. RvW will offer a touch of class, creativity, and hopefully goals, but just because we've got a new striker coming in doesn't mean our current best striker is immediately redundant. Jackson, possibly, but he's barely played this season as it is, and the progression of the club is always going to leave players behind.

8. Beefforhire-NCFC

I think RVW plays with a partner and I think a physical partner would fit his style of play into the Prem very nicely. Holt has just done a Q and A on twitter tonight whrere he makes it very clear that he's happy and wants to stay and hes reiterated that in recent interviews. He's a huge part of the team and an inspiration on the pitch. He's with us for the foreseeable future and I am more than happy with that.

9. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

How can we know it's best for his family? As someone who puts family above everything else, that makes no sense to me at all, and I'm convinced he'll be off.

That's not to say it's what I want, I love Holty and am grateful for what he's done, and think he could continue to be a big part of our future, even if it's in a lesser role, just can't see him staying.

10. Beefforhire-NCFC

There's a hell of a lot of mis-information flying around about holt atm and people are jumping to conclusions. The facts are he's on a three year contract he's made no indication he wants to leave and the club have made no indication he's going anywhere, so I really don't see an issue.

11. ncgandy

OK, but moving his family is not mis-information is it?

12. Beefforhire-NCFC

His family and him lived in Carlisle when we were in league one.

13. ncgandy

Didn't know that.

It's just alien to me not to live with your family, as we're now suggesting.

14. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

It's a fact of an increasing number of footballer's lives given the frequency with which they change clubs nowadays. In Holty's fourteen years as a footballer, he has played for 11 different clubs, 2 overseas. I sympathise with the Holt family. For the first time in their lives Holty has found professional stability, but at a club further away from Carlisle than any other he has played for (apart from his brief ventures overseas). But precisely because it has taken so long, the upheaval to his family in terms of disruption to his children's established friendships and education is maximised. I understand their predicament and understand completely their decision to return to Carlisle. Like Beef, I don't think we need read anything into it. Separation is the (no doubt unwelcome) norm for the Holts. Anybody who has tried driving Norwich--Carlisle and back for an away game will realise what making the trip regularly implies. You'd soon come to feel you needed flying lessons and a private plane. <ok>

15. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Holty has stated that he moved his family back to Carlisle solely for school reasons <ok>

16. gorlestongirl

gorlestongirl Member

He was asked on Twitter yesterday how likely he was to be at NCFC next season on a scale of 1 to 10, and he said 10.

17. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

With respect GG, it really doesn't matter what he thinks. If the club wants to move in a different direction they will move him on regardless of his contract. The same would apply if he wanted a move while under contract if not more so. I'm not saying that he will definitely leave, just that I really wouldn't be at all surprised if he did that's all <ok>

18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

If I remember correctly, he only moved his family down here when we got promoted to the Premier League.

19. stilljaroldcanary

stilljaroldcanary Well-Known Member

I work away from home as it is where I can get the best return for my efforts
    When at work I am focused on work when at home on focused on family it works fine
    It is just different

20. robbieBB

robbieBB Well-Known Member

I think it was only last summer, after he got his new contract. It's possible that the club asked him to consider bringing the family down here, to make life a bit easier in terms of hours spent travelling. Who knows. It just didn't work out for them apparently and that's all there is to it. <ok>