1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sadio Mane !

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by LuisDiazgamechanger, Sep 3, 2018.

1. LuisDiazgamechanger

<peacedove>
    Mane wins PFA Player of the Month for August

Liverpool forward Sadio Mane has won the first PFA Fans' Player of the Month award of the 2018-19 Premier League season.

The Reds No.10 scored three goals in three games during August to help his team on their way to a 100 per cent start to the campaign so far.

And Mane was the overwhelming winner in a poll of fans across the country for the PFA accolade for last month, taking 58 per cent of the votes.

He finished ahead of Cardiff City’s Neil Etheridge and Watford’s Roberto Pereyra, as well as Sergio Aguero (Manchester City), Lucas Moura (Tottenham Hotspur) and Benjamin Mendy (City).
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/314904-sadio-mane-pfa-award-liverpool

2. Sucky

Sucky peoples champ & forum saviour

He will score more than salah this seasons I reckon

Milk not bear jizz likes this.
  3. johnsonsbaby

johnsonsbaby Well-Known Member

I voted for Milner <laugh>

StanDMan and luvgonzo like this.
  4. LuisDiazgamechanger

Liverpool's £90,000-a-week star Sadio Mane helps clean his local mosque's toilets in latest act of dedication to his Muslim faith

5. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

That's him ****ed for September then...

6. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I went Mane instead of Sane in my FPL... Fraudiola

7. LuisDiazgamechanger

8. moreinjuredthanowen

this man is a genius

Sucky and Milk not bear jizz like this.
  9. LuisDiazgamechanger

How Sadio Mane has united Senegal behind Liverpool

The part Sadio Mane is playing in Liverpool's season could not be more evident.
    Whether it’s goals - 20 so far in all competitions - individual awards received or tributes paid by Jürgen Klopp and his teammates, the forward’s influence is clear to see.
    One aspect that perhaps isn’t immediately obvious, though, is the impact his performances are having back in his native Senegal and across the African continent.
    And according to his compatriot Salif Diao, that impact is enormous.
    “In Senegal now, we all support Liverpool,” the former Reds midfielder told Liverpoolfc.com.
    “We are very proud of Sadio being here and beating all the records, doing fantastically well. I’m even talking about the rest of Africa, where there are a lot of people following the team.
    “The game has gone onto another level now and it’s really great. There are so many things going on in the background and it’s always fantastic to hear about all these different connections.”
    Diao, who made 61 appearances for Liverpool between 2002 and 2005, was part of the original Senegalese golden generation that famously reached the quarter-finals of World Cup 2002, and the Teranga Lions are now enjoying their most successful era since then, with Mane at the heart of it.
    The 26-year-old also finished runner-up to his club teammate Mohamed Salah as CAF African Player of the Year in January. However, Diao believes it is Mane’s performances in a red shirt which have truly captured the imagination of his fellow Africans.
    “This is the part that people maybe don’t see, the game and how important it is in Africa,” Diao said.
    “People there maybe aren’t in the best situation socially but when Liverpool are winning and Sadio Mane is scoring they feel part of it. You can hear people talking about it, it’s like, ‘We beat Manchester United, next year we’re going to buy this player’, and lots of other people will just be talking like it’s their team.
    “Maybe it’s virtual for some people, but this is real for them, and these are the moments where, for two hours, guys can forget all of their social issues and watch a game feeling part of the team that is winning. So it’s a lot bigger than just the football.”
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/342970-sadio-mane-liverpool-title-senegal-support

10. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

All good for future signings. Africa is the new Brazil <ok>

11. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I believe Salah does the same in Egypt as well. Universally loved in the country as he never played for the big two rivals.

12. moreinjuredthanowen

I hope mane gets African player of year for his record breaking, double trophy winning season.

13. Lucas Talking

Lucas Talking Well-Known Member

Would take Mane in last place of African player of year for a non-record breaking, double trophy winning season.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

If mane scores another 10 goals say... that's go a along way to breaking his records and securing said double.

Zanjinho likes this.
  15. moreinjuredthanowen

oh and im assuming the prem will have a record points total between 1st and 2nd clubs together.

Zanjinho likes this.
  16. LuisDiazgamechanger

Sadio Mane wins Liverpool's March Player of the Month award
    LFC

Sadio Mane has been named Liverpool's Standard Chartered Player of the Month for March.

The No.10 continued his rich vein of form throughout the month, scoring five times in five appearances to help the Reds remain in contention to win both the Premier League and Champions League trophies.

Those five goals arrived in the space of just seven days, with braces against Burnley and Bayern Munich being followed by his 20th of the season in all competitions during the 2-1 victory at Fulham.

Asked if March was his finest month for the club on an individual level so far, Mane told Liverpoolfc.com at Melwood: “I would say it was one of the best. I’m happy to win the award.

“It was one of the best individual months for each player because we did very well and won almost every game. It was a great month.

“To get it from the supporters is something incredible. The only thing I do is give every single match my best, to score goals and give assists for my team to win the game. I’m looking forward to winning more games with the team.”

please log in to view this image

LFCTV GO: Sadio Mane wins March Player of the Month

Of his five strikes, Mane chose the opening goal in the Champions League clash with Bayern at the Allianz Arena as his favourite, somewhat modestly describing the effort as ‘lucky’.

But pressed to explain the quick thinking and technique behind an outstanding piece of solo skill that set Liverpool on course for the quarter-finals, he said: “It was a great pass from Virg.

“When I made the first contact I wanted to chip the ball with my right foot, but when I saw the goalkeeper I changed my mind and tried to go onto the left side.

“Before I shot, I saw the players going towards goal so I tried to chip it so it would be difficult for them to touch the ball.”

Standard Chartered Player of the Month winners 2018-19

August: Virgil van Dijk
    September: Daniel Sturridge
    October: Mohamed Salah
    November: Trent Alexander-Arnold
    December: Mohamed Salah
    January: Sadio Mane
    February: Virgil van Dijk
    March: Sadio Mane
    https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/344030-sadio-mane-liverpool-player-of-the-month-march

17. LuisDiazgamechanger

please log in to view this image

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  18. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Where's Martial?

19. LuisDiazgamechanger

At Old toilet<laugh>.

20. Milk not bear jizz

Milk not bear jizz Grasser-In-Chief

Wiping Mané's boot polish off his nose (he didn't have a rag to shine Mane's boot with)

: Sadio Mane