1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sagbo Sending Off

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Newland Tiger, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

Anybody get a good view of the incident ? What did he do ?

2. Fettis the striker

Fettis the striker Well-Known Member

Looked very harsh from we're I was , wasn't even convinced it was a foul !

3. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I wasn't close but couldn't see what was wrong with it. I was surprised it was even a foul in fact. Looked to me like he just swung a leg at the ball as another played challenged for it. He didn't seem to jump into it or anything. The lad was a right cheating ****, knew what he was doing going down like that and making sure the stretcher came out.

In fact Lokeren surprised me tonight because they were a complete set of cheating ****s from start to finish, which I don't remember being the case last week at all.

4. CityRMD

CityRMD Active Member

Was in South so not the best view but I was complaining that it was a foul seeing as he won the ball.

5. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

He breathed near him.

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

That game is what I imagine a fixed match would be like. He must have given them 30 free kicks, it was just constant one after the other. A lot of them were as soon as we crossed it into the box he was giving a free kick but no one even knew what it was for or who had even conceded it. Their lads were as confused as ours.

7. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I didn't go last week but I thought they were very cynical tonight , it wouldn't surprise me if Sagbo didn't touch their player

I thought the ref was pretty poor as well , penalising us for fouls and not them for the same type of thing

8. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

literally eveytime there was a 50/50 or our players moved in for the ball it was a freekick for them, it was absolutely ridiculous, the ref must have collapsed lungs the amount of times he blew into that whistle

9. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Every time one of them heard a City player behind them they were going down. Every aerial challenge ended with a Lokeren free kick. I've never seen a game so one-sided in terms of fouls awarded.

10. HHH

HHH Well-Known Member

To me it just looked a firm but fair challenge. Same as Rosie's booking.

I don't want to take anything away from them, but I've never seen blatant diving as bad as that live before and the ref was a disgrace.

11. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

Agree with this. The last ten minutes all they had to do was look at the ref or throw their hands up and they got a free kick. A very cynical display. We get embarrassed when Elmo goes down but they were all having a go. I was embarrassed for them.

12. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there's stats anywhere for fouls? BBC usually has them but this was such a low-key game for everyone apart from a handful of City fans that they didn't even bother counting.

13. bigfattiger

bigfattiger Well-Known Member

There was the noise of foot/ball/foot then their fella went down like he'd been shot then the ref sent him off.

It looked like a clean challenge, just Sagbo went in a lot stronger. Very unlucky but I think that was just the tip of the iceberg in a ref'ing performance that was utterly appalling.

14. Charlie1

Charlie1 Well-Known Member

I said on the way home I'd like to see the ratio of free kicks. I thought about 10-1.

15. BrAdY

BrAdY Well-Known Member

we commited 25 fouls compared to them with 12

16. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

I get the disappointment, but what did you expect them to do? They did what they had to do to get their result, we didn't. It's a **** way to lose, but that's Europe for you; the answer is goals.

17. Polly13

Polly13 Well-Known Member

**** me, have I logged onto a rugby league forum by mistake?

I didn't have a great view from west upper, but you sometimes have an immediate feeling about tackles, and the moment he went in on this one I thought he might be in trouble. Just summat about it looked a bit risky. Would love to see a slo-mo replay.

18. pudseytiger

pudseytiger Well-Known Member

it looked to me a good old fashion 50/50,but it was always going to happen with this ref, to be honest the way he handle the game tonight, made me think of bank accounts and brown paper envelopes.

19. tigerrev

tigerrev Well-Known Member

Looked like a firm but fair challenge to me - certainly no intent there. European refs see things differently from those in the PL I guess :(

20. HCAFCHangout

HCAFCHangout Well-Known Member

Thing is when I saw it I thought he was in trouble. His foot looked slightly raised and with the ref we had I thought that would be enough. I'm 50/50 until I see a replay