1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saint Gaston!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lamby, Aug 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I Sorry I Ruined The Party

I Sorry I Ruined The Party Well-Known Member

And what on Earth would make you think you should have the right to do this? If there is no Gaston news, then no one will post anything in this thread and then I will know nothing is happening. It's when you keep posting off-topic that it bumps the thread and then I waste my time reading a bunch of junk.

You need to just cut the crap. This has nothing to do with you and some other posters not having an off-topic outlet, and everything to do with you deciding that certain posters/threads/opinions were lame and therefore taking it into your own hands to launch a not-so-passive-aggressive attack against them.

Take into account the mission of this website. An attack against you, even if rude is still only one post. I have no interest in that argument, but it's easy for me to simply ignore. You guys spamming threads with dozens of off-topic threads is a far greater offense because you render the site unusable to me.

And you are all smart enough to know this, so please stop playing the innocent victim. And I will also credit you with not only being intelligent, but responsible in that when you do have information, you contribute. And that info. is valuable to me. But from my perspective, it's often wasted because it's such a pain to wade through all the junk.

So I'm asking you please, do me a solid here. Consider my position. I'm American. I get very little information about Saints. If something happened 12 hours ago, it's old and boring news to you, but it isn't to me. I am far more than 12 hours behind of any relevant development. Whatever tidbits you offer up is a huge boon to me. But when all I get is deliberate trash, then it's no better than what I get googling up Saints and having to read silly junk from Daily Fail or idiots on twitter. I have to rely on you guys.

All I care about is that I can get some information. If I can get to that easily, as far as I'm concerned you can talk about whatever you want and pick whatever fights you want in any thread you want. So please man, every 15 posts or so just post the latest status. If nothing has happened, then just cut and paste from an old post so at least I know things are unchanged.

Or, for the next day or so put the latest status on transfers in your sig. and update when you see fit. That immediately makes every single post you make completely relevant and useful to me regardless of what is in the content of your post or where it is posted. You'd be helping me out a lot. I'm asking you guys as a favor.

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Well, that's a conversation stopper.

3. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Morning Fran.Unless I missed it nothing has changed and we expect an announcement today or tomorrow or....................

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

not as the case may be.

Morning...off to work now, perhaps there will be news by 5.00 pm (hopeful but resigned mode).

5. saintern

saintern Member

I have to say you have a point, is there any point having "thread titles" if they arent used for that. I do appreciate we go off topic at times but think this thread is getting crazy now....

I blame Gaston as if he had signed we wouldnt be having this conversation........

6. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

Very true Saintern it's all that Ramirez's fault. He should do the right thing and sign immediately:steam:.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.