1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Reckon he probably would have gone had there been some concrete interest... suspect nobody has been near our valuation.

It's Only A Game likes this.
  2. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Might have already been commented on but any idea why we’ve “given” Spuds the whole end? 4,800 ? Seems daft to me especially as it’s a competition we want to progress in & we’re offering tickets to home supporters at discounted prices. Are we offering them same also?

Edit: Just worked out; Away club are entitled to approx 25% providing safe & police allow. Assume Spuds must have requested max allocation. Anyone know what they’re paying tho?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
  3. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

This action is probably as a result of our poor home attendance especially in the cup. The management probably desperate for the revenue

4. ihatemyselfandwanttodie

ihatemyselfandwanttodie Well-Known Member

Maximizing revenue is hardly a crime and an action every club tries to leverage, some better than others.

If we cant sell them to our own fan base then it's pretty reasonable to offer them to the other club and make a bit more cash.

5. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Agreed, it wasn’t meant as a criticism of the club. I have had my own business, revenue is king
    At least have 5k Spuds will give thé ground more atmosphere than usual

6. Libby

Libby 9-0

They're not entitled to 25% but 15 which is less than what they've been given.

And they're all paying a tenner, so 500 extra is worth 5 grand, maybe less cos some of those 500 would have cost Saints fans a score instead?

Winning the match is worth 180k fwiw.

7. garysfc

So, as usual the win is worth much much more than gate receipts & therefore a max Saints crowd is the preference. Fine balance I suppose between maxing Saints crowd & damping Spuds here. 5K Spuds will be tough to keep quite tho.

8. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Happy with a good crowd of either persuasion...it's up to Saints' fans to step up as they will still outnumber the Spurs' fans. Remember that FA Cup matches no longer sell out like they used to...a full stadium will up the ante. Have no problem with it.

9. garysfc

So we’re going to sell out even at £10? Probably better to swap seats out then.

10. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Interesting story [to me], which at the moment is going through a sad time. Hopefully, it gets a lot better in the weeks and months to come.

A couple of years ago I asked a buddy if he'd like to join the Ramblers. He said he didn't like walking. He'd once walked 25 miles for charity and didn't fancy it. I countered that the Southampton Ramblers Group just existed to take an interesting route to a pub. This was more appealing, but the walking was still the no-no factor. However, our group also occasionally rode bicycles, so my mate decided he'd get a bike and come on the rides. Bear in mind that none of the Ramblers are bicyclists. It's just another way of getting to a pub. Or pubs, as we take in a few during an afternoon's ride.
    So my mate got really enthused about cycling. Not only did he get all the gear [I think he now has 11 bikes], but he had a good idea too. He joined a proper club, and rode 200-300 or more miles a week. [In comparison, I do 50+ miles a week].
    Anyway, 10 days ago he asked me where he would have to go to get details of the Southampton FC Foundation charity ride coming up in May, that he'd signed up for, but missed all the detail meetings. For the ride a group would fly out to Geneva, Switzerland [I would cover his airline seat's CO2 by paying to get enough trees planted] and cycle 600 miles back, over a week. So that day I took him to St Mary's and we were met in reception, where they took his size for cycle clothing and gave him loads of info. We took photos of him in his gear in front of the Saints emblem in reception. The day after he started training, before and after work [he's a very, very good self employed roofer]. Over the weekend I was working out the CO2 of his airline seat when I got a text from a mutual buddy. Our friend had been knocked off his bike by a car while training with his bike club. He'd suffered a broken leg [bugger]. I texted him. It was a bad break. He's also suffered a broken neck [oh ****!]. "Can you feel your toes," I asked him. "Yeah just, but everything is really stiff," he said. Yesterday, [Monday] he had the operation on his leg. I supposed they must have held his neck in place, because he doesn't need any damage to his spinal cord. He's on morphine, but the pain is still vivid. Just today he texted SFC to say sorry that he probably won't make the bike ride. I have little worry that he'll get back to fitness. He has the kind of determination I simply don't possess. I'm more concerned with how he's going to get by without work.

11. ihatemyselfandwanttodie

How about setting g up one of those just giving sites for him?

TheSecondStain and davecg69 like this.
  12. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Oh bloody hell that’s a shame TSS. For what it’s worth, please give him the kind thoughts of this board!

TheSecondStain likes this.
  13. SAINTOSPREY

SAINTOSPREY Well-Known Member

Saturday 25th January 2020 15:00 (3 p.m.) KO
    Southampton v Tottenham Hotspur
    FA Cup

Referee: Peter Bankes
    Assistant Referees: Neil Davies. Derek Eaton
    Fourth Official: John Brooks,
    VAR Referee: Jonathan Moss.
    Additional VAR Referee: Edward Smart

14. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

15. ihatemyselfandwanttodie

I hope they got 2 huge cakes.

We don't want them going all Yaya on our arse.

davecg69 likes this.
  16. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

17. davecg69

davecg69 Well-Known Member

Poor bloke - bloody bad luck (or bad driving). Hope he recovers soon and can get back on his bike. Just goes to show, we think we’re having a bad day and some poor bugger has it a lot worse!
    Speedy recovery, mate!

TheSecondStain likes this.
  18. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Got my ticket for the Burnley game ! I`ll be driving to the game for the first time - any recommendations where to park ?

19. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'd recommend Woolston if you don't mind the walk.

AberdeenSaint likes this.
  20. AberdeenSaint

AberdeenSaint Well-Known Member

Ta Libby. I used to live in Woolston, so that would be nostalgic !

Libby likes this.