1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sakho.. Man, myth, BEAST

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Magic Ted, Jan 31, 2015.

1. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

Tricky one. If I was offered £10m for him I'd prob say yes. He's been good since he's come back but I still have doubts over his stamina and he's not the quickest. I think he sometimes looks better than he has been mainly because we haven't seen any other proper DM play for us for the last 5 years or so. When you compare him to players like Mascherano, Matic even someone like Blind you see he comes up short against them.

If we sell him, then we'd have to have a replacement come in, someone who is a DM but can play a bit, or allow Can to play in that position and establish himself there.

2. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

I wouldn't sell Lucas.

Priorities this summer should be a striker who is able to lead the line on their own and not be useless when Sturridge isn't around to bail them out, a top CB to play alongside Sakho and a keeper. Three signings. I wouldn't go replacing anyone else. Any more is just unsettling too much. A CB also means Can can go back to midfield and add depth there.

3. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Only sell Lucas if we have a replacement lined up. It's worrying that he fades after 60 mins and this allows teams to overrun us.

Lucas's inclusion has shown everyone how crucial having a DM is to the team.

We're slowly seeing a solid spine emerging:

Sakho
    Can (in midfield)
    Coutinho
    Sterling
    Sturridge

I don't see us playing with 3 at the back in the long run so we need a partner for Sakho.

4. Gucci.Mane

Gucci.Mane Active Member

Totally agree with this ^^^^ and agree with Magic that he could be in with a shout for captaincy.Not sure Hendo has football brain abilty for captaincy.

5. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

Well we've changed our tunes haven't we?! Me included I guess.

I thought he was decent last year but not great.

No doubt he should be left in now and let him get the confidence which comes with assurance that your place in the team has been earnt and solidified.

6. Klopp's Mannschaft

I would love to see Wisdom partner Sakho if Rodgers has got the balls to try it next season - I really rate him

astro likes this.
  7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Would be good to see but if Ilori is fit, I think he's a better style of defender which will suit Sakho. Very much in the Varane mould.

Sakho and Varane are a perfect partnership.

8. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Forgot about Ilori. He seemed to have all the attributes to be a good CB. Big and strong, composed on the ball with good range of passing and quick across the ground, something you don't see in a lot of cbs

not really followed him while on loan so no idea how he's getting on?

9. Klopp's Mannschaft

Yeah, forgot about him too.

Last I heard Ilori was doing well, but nothing recent. Sakho, Wisdom and Ilori would be a good mix to pick from.

10. Jimmy Squarefoot

Played very few games due to injuries but has impressed when he does play.

Very talented but real concern of his fitness.

11. Have we lost the Flanno button/switch...?

12. Spurs have Lloris and Vorm

13. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Vorm's been as bad as Jones when ever he's played and Lloris will be off in the summer :bandit:

14. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Flanagan - Half time sandwich / brew making and orange quartering mode activated

15. moreinjuredthanowen

i didn't get to give proper respect to the lad on this thread yet.

since he has come back in and got fit (and yes he's been disappointingly injury prone) he has been absolutely brilliant for us and has help our cause no end.

I see props for some other lads too... I think sahko has been outstanding over and above the rest though...

FOr me the other lads.. first we've had 11 working for each other for the first time in ages. that makes a big difference

lucas has been good but not amazing lads, good for him to get back in and show he's not totally spent but he's not at the top of his game

hendersn has been much improved after his spell stuck hither and dither and he's been far better though still again not all that especially on the ball.

Can has been good and settling into a slot where teams are deliberately now targeting him as a weakness and he is standing up to them.

Morneo for me has done ok but only ok, there has to be more from him i feel.

Marvoci has surprised me with his ability to play the position but i just feel i'm still expecting more out of a player who should be just a wee bit better going forward... yes totally surprised defensively in a good way but still not i think everything i'd want going forward

Finally coutinho.... I said preseason i wanted a big step up from him and the first half of the season was disappointing.I do not personally go along with its just cos what was infront of him was poor.. no his work rate was not there and for me he has upped his work rate hugely now we have 10 others who are working around him. that disappointing slightly given he is a big talent but he is young but i'd want more from him in a leadership sense from here.. for example tell henderson to **** off away from free kicks....

finally... make no plans on this formation long term lads. its getting the most out of these lads this year... next year who knows what the dynamic will be.

Props to sahko most of all, really is by far the best defender at the club as his french status alludes to. His fee looks cheap theses days

16. Jimmy Squarefoot

Once Sakho has a grasp on the language, he should be captain. <ok>

17. Gucci.Mane

Gucci.Mane Active Member

Totally agree ^^^

18. moreinjuredthanowen

only problem with this is he should already have a good grasp of it cos hes been here coming up on at least 18 months. if you or i moved to france to work we'd be expected to be fluent in 6 months max.

19. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Bollocks. No one learns and is fluent in a language within 6 months unless they have a natural ability for it and are taking lessons every single day.

Tevez was in England for about 5years and hardly spoke a word of English, probably because he's a lazy batard, but sometimes it takes people longer if they don't have a natural ability to soak up that kind of information.

20. moreinjuredthanowen

yes you do..... if you go to work in japan etc as many guys do you'll find you are told. i worked with a guy who was fluent and thats how he learned...

but i take the point.... a footballer is not employed on the basis of any brain power.