1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SAMCRO

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Reebok, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Not the race horse as this is off-topic, but Sons Of Anarchy.

I think there are one or two afficianados of the motorcycle club series of a few years back - you may already know this - there is a spin-off series currently being aired on BBC2

Mayan MC is based around the one-time rivals, and latterly allies of Samcro, with one or two cameo's from the parent series. Notably the guy who's fingers were chopped off as a reward for ****ing too much!

It is again a Karl Sutter creation, and this first season looks promising.

It has the usual mix of sex and violence and drugs and violence and shootings, stabbings and beheadings.

Good family entertainment then!

There have been 6 episodes so far but if you have a half decent internet connection, you can watch on BBC i-player (which I can't - but I'm not bitter. Much.) >)

2. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

my daughter is hooked on this ,personally it does zilch for me , wooden plots , acting , unbelievable characters , too much grooming , hairspray and white teeth , another crap us tv series , shame cos there are world class dramas made there ..... True Detective , Wire , Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul to name a few

3. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

I couldn't get into this either, was to macho for my liking.Watching Tin Star at the minute, absolute bonkers plot, nearly so bad it's enjoyable!

rudebwoy likes this.
  4. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

1st series of True Detective boxset bought for me by my eldest son .... watched 4 episodes so far and although I'm not hooked, I won't give up on it yet. Watched the first series of Tin Star and loved it! Ridiculous storyline for sure, but Tim Roth is worth every penny :)

rudebwoy and Ste D like this.
  5. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Starting Das Boot shortly, just had to listen to this song before I watched it to get me in the mood, early 90s classic.Maximum Velocity!

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  6. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Tim Roth is cool - watch him in The Liability if not already seen <ok>

7. rudebwoy

that is some film ste , absolutely tension filled all the way, great work , there’s a new version out i believe , don’t see how it can top the german original !

Cyclonic, Ste D and Resurgam like this.
  8. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Yep new series on Sky Atlantic looking forward to watching it!.Watched the Spielberg produced Pacific War series recently.They make the Japanese soldiers out to be a bunch of idiots, typical American spin on things.Still it was interesting to see a WW2 drama on that side of the conflict and not just on Europe.

9. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

I didn't mind Sons when it came on, quiet enjoyed it to a certain degree, lets say you didn't need to concentrate too hard to see what was going on shall we say. But my interest ended when they took on the IRA, then I thought, what the effin hell are they thinking here...?!?!? Those crazy American bikers, what will they get up to next...<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Anyway, I havn't seen anything of the new spin off, but I'm always wary of things like this, not many of them work do they. I see there might be a Sopranos spin off soon, why...?? Just leave that one alone, it was as good as it gets when it came out, and as someone who's watched back a few times again since, it dosn't loose much in the way so many other series do...

But as they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and some programs are better than others in certain cases...

Reebok and rudebwoy like this.
  10. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

Loved Das Boot. Brilliant movie.

Reebok and Ste D like this.

11. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

There was a huge continuity error in Sons Of Anarchy. Jax was giving his girlfriend a lift home on the back of his bike and we saw her holding onto his waist as they pulled away, suddenly, as Jax turned the bike at a Junction, he was on his own on the bike, then, as they pulled into the girlfriend's street, she was back on the bike holding onto Jax.

First series was OK but it got progressively worse, the Ireland series was a huge error I felt, a bit like the misjudged episode of Breaking Bad, where it was just Walt and Jesse in the lab with a fly buzzing about.

Kim Coates, as Tig, put in one of the worst performances I can recall seeing.

Still, the series receives huge ratings on several sites, so simple and unfeasible are obviously popular with the average viewer.

12. rudebwoy

Simple and unfeasible, yes that's the way politics is dressed up as well , these types of TV are like opium , dull the senses and provide good v evil simplistic analogies , humans are capable of a lot lot better

13. Cyclonic

And no matter which side of the political divide we sit, we tend to twist information to suit our own ends, even if in doing so, we look like ****ing idiots. Some times the polemics on this thread make it hardly worth a look.

Denny4 likes this.
  14. Cyclonic

Sorry, wrong thread. I thought I was on the politics jobbie. Apologies Reebs. <doh>

Ron likes this.
  15. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Still Cyc, it was a good rant...<laugh><laugh><laugh>

Ron and Cyclonic like this.
  16. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Just finished Das Boot series on Sky Atlantic and would highly recommend it.More of a suspence drama rather than a world war action flick. 'The only thing war is good for is making people rich'.

Cyclonic likes this.