1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by AmalCarb, Jan 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

My apologies
    I didn’t notice the second part until I saw this dig.
    I shall answer forthwith.
    Notably you haven’t answered the question I asked you recently though...

2. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I probably don't fit in with the vast majority of posters on here in terms of politics but that's democracy.That said,I think he (Cummings)was wrong what he did and as such,he should've resigned or been sacked.But does that mean I should condone the media frenzy or the lynch mob camping outside his front door? Absolutely not!!! Has bullying,threatening behaviour,intimidation and stalking become the norm in our country? Has it become acceptable to actually listen to the **** and **** stirring spouted by the likes of Peston,Kuennsberg,Marr etc? This Country and it's moral backbone have sunk to new levels and reading through some of the accusations posted on here about supporting racism and Nazism because you just happen to tick a different box on a ballot paper confirms it!!

3. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I missed that, If she had the symptoms, he shouldn't be going in to work for 14 days full stop.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Do you think he's going to make the same mistake again ?

Indeed, not a great example to the population. But the media could ameliorate this situation by suitable reporting to get it off the front pages for the time being. It's not a high priority issue imo right now. It perhaps should have been done a month ago - adding fuel to the argument that the Government are not doing the best of jobs. the focus has been deflected from what's important. All will be wary (including Boris & the rest of the power brokers) now - so refocus, blood-let when things are safer. That's all I'm saying - again - I m defending no-one - but priorities can't be any clearer.

Ric Glasgow and Howdentiger2 like this.
  5. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

he didnt - he stayed in Durham for two weeks from March 30 and went back to work on April 14

6. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Why didnt he stay in London and work from home .?
    You know self isolating.
    Not endangering his parents.
    Have you not heard if Zoom ??
    Eat the bullshit if you want but you know ge was squirming and lying .

7. dennisboothstash

I assume one was Kinnock was he?
    I don’t know about the others.

Should the 3 labour MPs who broke the rules be sacked? I think Kinnock was stupid, and deserved reprimanding. The slight difference with MPs is they are elected rather than employed. I’d have been fine with him being sacked, but actually I think that’s a matter for his electorate and there is a means of getting rid of him if they wanted to. Same applies for Robert Jenrick. Very clear he broke rules. I do think it’s worse for a Minister in the Cabinet that sets the rules to them break them though. Happy if he’s have been sacked, but again I think that’s a matter for his electorate.
    Why hasn't the press made such an issue about these 3? I think anything involving Cum was always going to be a bigger noise. And I think that’s right. It was him who suggested it would be ok of a few old people died and was involved in SAGE and drafting the key messages for lockdown. Also he is employed by the PM rather than elected. Whereas MPs can be removed by their electorate the only person who can sack him is the PM. So the decision about whether he stays or goes becomes a test of the PMs judgement. Whether you agree with him backing Cum or not it’s the PMs integrity and judgement in question and therefore a much bigger story than back bench MPs

Bit surprised you liked Charon’s dig at me btw. While I often disagree with you I think we’ve had a civil exchange on here, and I’m bloody sure I’ve answered your questions (apart from this one that I didn’t see)

brownbagtiger and Howdentiger2 like this.
  8. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

I think the timeline is a bit hazy and it depends whether you believe his account or his wife's statements at the time - best case from his point of view would probably be to claim that he didn't go in to work when his wife fell ill but immediately set off on his self isolation trip to Durham. My honest opinion of his story is that it is consistent with the tweet last night that referred to both him and Boris Johnson as "truth twisters" - both have form and Boris has been sacked at least twice for lying in the past.

TryfanTyger likes this.
  9. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It could slow down the testing if schools go back. Seemingly some sites have a fair proportion of teachers manning them for some additional pocket money.

10. dennisboothstash

I disagree
    This isn’t about him going to Durham. It’s about a person which such power, who the electorate can’t choose to get rid of, showing disdain for the public and being happy to force others to follow rules he doesn’t think apply to him
    And yes I think he’ll do something like this again

11. Edelman

12. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

It's because of the press that this story came to light, hence you can judge that what he did was wrong and he should be fired. I don't like the actions of the papparazzi outside his home but I'd still defend the likes of Peston, Kuennsberg, etc to ask difficult questions.

13. charon-the-ferryman

and who was going to look after his child - would you look after someone if both their parents had covid - i know i wouldn't - his relations said they would - it really isnt difficult to understand unless you want to make political capital out of it - it's become one of the most pathetic witch hunts I can remember

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% likes this.
  14. Edelman

****ing bullshit !
    Try telling that to all the other families that had that predicament !
    He was supposed to be self isolation and said **** it it doesn't apply to me .
    The sheer arrogance should be enough to quell your blind support!

15. Howdentiger2

Howdentiger2 Well-Known Member

I don't think his dig was aimed just at you, hence why I liked it, the like was at someone else Tbf! Unfortunately we can't add to the like! And yes I enjoy the conversation we have as even when we don't agree, it doesn't resort to absurd accusations and name calling.

I agree on the fact that this was always going to be bigger due to both who DC is and his relationship with the media, he's made is clear how he feels about them and therefore could expect nothing less then a bigger reaction from them when he gave them an opportunity to. I don't think that alone though warrants the very small if any reaction to the 3 labour MPs got for very clearly breaking rules.

On the fact Boris is DCs boss and he and only he can ask for his resignation / fire him, I agree and believe the fact he has stood by him at great risk to himself and the party shows how strongly he feels about the fact he didn't break any rules and he truly values the contribution he makes to our elected government. As you rightly say, he isn't an elected MP so shouldn't be hired and or fired based on electorates feelings as an elected MP is.

This could prove to be the most pivotal moment not only in this crisis but in Boris's time as PM.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

The press have asked some of those questions but they basically weren’t answered.

Howdentiger2 likes this.
  17. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

TwoWrights, Edelman and Howdentiger2 like this.
  18. Edelman

19. charon-the-ferryman

dont shoot the messenger, Howden was referring to my earlier post answering Edleman?
    It works one way .
    Set the rules , break them off you go regardless of party .
    Scottish health secretary went for less.

to which I replied

Stephen Kinnock - not gone
    ;Paul Gething - not gone
    Tahir Ali - not gone

all Labour - all broke lockdown and no faut outrage - hypocrisy

charon-the-ferryman, Today at 6:51 PM

20. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

I appear to not be getting my point across dennis. Let's leave it there.

dennisboothstash likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.