1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 1st. October 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 30, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Fontwell Park
    N/H 7 Races 1:25-4:55p.m.
    Newmarket
    Flat 7 Races 1:31-5:03p.m.
    Redcar
    Flat 8 Races 1:36-5:37p.m.
    Gowran Park
    N/H 8 Races 1:45-5:42p.m.
    Ascot
    Flat 6 Races 1:51-4:55p.m.
    Killarney
    Flat 7 Races 1:55-5:25p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 8 Races 5:00-8:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

karlos5001 likes this.
  2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Love to see Quickthorn win the Cadran <ok>

Pilgrim, SwanHills and rudebwoy like this.
  3. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

I don’t think I should, Oddy. I trapped my foot this week in a thorny bramble on the golf course - and fell like one of those floppy steeplechasers! <laugh> PS. Played like a pillock as well.

Pilgrim, OddDog and Chaninbar like this.
  4. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Morning all hope everyone is well.
    Gonna take a punt on good one in the 2.35 ascot ew. Recently won a maiden on gd/soft , very well bred in my opinion getting weight . Also somebody talk me out of backing Comanche falls.

Pilgrim, SwanHills and Daddy Pig like this.
  5. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Btw off to see sum it up at our trainers open day looking forward to the ptp season.

SwanHills, GOLDBONES and OddDog like this.
  6. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Do not shoot the messenger time (again).

My mate was told that Martyn Meade’s three year old CRESTA was the one to be on in the Cumberland Lodge (2:25). It was available at 5/1 yesterday. Looking at the form the one to beat is obviously the favourite Hamish, second in the Irish St Leger last time out, whilst the inconsistent High Definition might decide to have one of his good days. CRESTA was fifth in the Gordon Stakes before winning a Windsor Listed race very easily last time on easy ground, conditions that he will find at Ascot today.

rudebwoy, GOLDBONES and SwanHills like this.
  7. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

With the conditions underhoof at Longchamp, I can see there being some upsets on the Saturday card as there are a couple of British and Irish runners that are short prices in the Prix Dollar and the Prix Du Cadran; plus the match between old boy The Revenant and Erevann may not be that straightforward.

However, in the Prix de Royallieu I can see no reason to justify Verry Elleegant as the favourite on the balance of her form since coming to France. She missed out on the Arc because her connections rather foolishly transferred her to a French stable meaning that she has obtained an official French rating that was not good enough to guarantee her a place on Sunday. They have all travelled up from the Southern Hemisphere to see her run but I think they may be going home disappointed. The three year old Emily Dickinson needs to do better than her fifth in the St Leger and third in the Lillie Langtry but was fourth in the Irish Oaks. But I think that the William Haggas trained filly SEA LA ROSA is the one to beat in a sub-standard Group 1 as she won the Lancashire Oaks on soft ground, won the Lillie Langtry and last time collected the Prix de Pomone at Deauville beating Love Child and Jannah Flower.

hawkeye and Pilgrim like this.
  8. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Little ew lucky 15 for me today.

1.31 New Dha Leath
    2.42 New Laurel
    3.00 Ascot Summerghand
    3.36 Ascot Symbolize

Have a good day all. All the best with yours:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0167-beer:

Pilgrim and SwanHills like this.
  9. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

A couple I like today:

16:45 Ascot - Tarhib
    Dark Angel filly (Damsire: Pivotal) has a squeak in this tricky Class-2 Handicap sprint over 5f. Minimum distance and ground conditions should suit her admirably. Andrea Atzeni rides for the William Haggas yard.
    4/1 is the best price at time of writing.

14:12 Redcar - Dandy's Angel
    Dandy Man mare has decent chance on form in this Class-5 Handicap over 1m2f. Has ground conditions and distance to suit. Promising apprentice Brandon Wilkie (7) on board for the Yorkshire stable of John Wainwright.
    8/1 is generally the best price at time of writing.

(Win on each and e/w double)

Best of luck today folks, and enjoy the weekend's excellent racing fare. :emoticon-0167-beer:

Pilgrim likes this.
  10. SwanHills

I hope so too, fingers crossed!

Pilgrim likes this.

11. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Ascot
    13,51 King's Lynn 9/2
    15,00 Rohaan 10/3 WH and bet365
    15,36 Silent Film 18/1 e/w bet365 and Coral five places, 16/1 sky six places

Redcar
    17,07 Magna Moralia 11/1 e/w bet365 three places

SwanHills likes this.
  12. OddDog

Staff Member

The Grade 2 Gowran Park Champion Chase was won 4 times by the brilliant Sizing Europe (2011-2014) and Easy Game looks to have a pretty straightforward task in making it 2 from 3 in the race (fell last year). Whilst not one of the absolute stars at Closutton, he has been well placed to win 5 out of 6 races in his spring/summer campaign. Stablemates Franco De Port and Kemboy look to be his main dangers on paper but one who could outrun his odds is Dollar Value. The flying grey has taken his chase form to new levels in his last 2 runs, absolutely bolting up in handicaps off 118 and 132 and is now officially rated 144. Whilst that still leaves him with plenty to find in this field, I just wonder whether Keith Donoghue might set out to make all and expose any chinks in the Mullins trio. Even though there are only 6 runners I think a small e/w snifter might be worthwhile.

13. OddDog

Staff Member

Won well <applause>

QuarterMoonII likes this.
  14. SwanHills

Don't too often get annoyed with the ITV team, but that good lady who just interviewed Richard Hills (sorry, cannot remember her name) sounds like an 'out of control' parrot. Really irritates me, for some reason. :(

15. Janabelle13

Janabelle13 Well-Known Member

And you were quite right about Verry Elleegant.

16. gingerninja

gingerninja Well-Known Member

Ffs, missed natural look today and him up last twice <steam>

17. OddDog

Staff Member

Despite that strange drift across the track that was mightily impressive by Kyprios

18. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Rohaan won.

19. OddDog

Staff Member

Banbridge wins on chase debut - one to follow this winter

20. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Thanks, Oddy. Sea La Rosa did win very well. Watching the race I was confident because she settled into a good position off what, predictably in the soft ground, was no sort of a pace. Once Marquand sent her to the front early in the straight the race was in the bag.

I hope they will send her to Ascot for the Fillies and Mares race rather than just immediately pack her off to stud now that she has her Group 1. She is a daughter of Sea The Stars so she will be quite valuable but I expect they will want to send her to a stallion that is better known for speed rather than stamina since she obviously has the latter in abundance. She does run in the Tsui colours so I am guessing that they bred her themselves.

I was wrong about the Erevann versus The Revenant ‘match’ as the two of them fought out the finish... and Anmaat and Kyprios both won (only just!) and Karl Burke won the opener. The French won hardly anything – a German trainer won the handicap on the card. <laugh>