1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 1st. October 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 30, 2022.

1. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I do have some sympathy with the Aussie/Kiwi owners but they should have taken a hint from the Japanese. They bring their horses over to France in the summer months, stable them up (often at Chantilly) and then run them in one of the Arc Trials or middle distance races at Deauville to get them ready for the big day. As they are running for their Japanese trainers they retain their international rating from back home, which guarantees them a place in the field as they only send top horses over.

Had Verry Elleegant done that she would have got in the Arc field as I think she is one of the top rated horses in Australia. I thought that the way she ran in the Royallieu she would not have been much of a threat in the Arc. Her jockey had flown in from Australia for the ride and I read his comments after the race about how she got boxed in and was never able to get near the leaders but what would he have expected to happen on Sunday? The Red Sea to part and allow him a free run through? Perhaps he was a little naïve to think reputation carries much wait in France.