1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saturday 21st. November 2020

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Nov 20, 2020.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Lingfield
    A/W 8 Races 11:35-3:30p.m.
    Huntingdon
    N/H 7 Races 12:05-3:43p.m.
    Naas
    N/H 7 Races 12:00-3:22p.m.
    Haydock
    N/H 7 Races 12:10-3:35p.m.
    Ascot
    N/H 7 Races 12:20-3:50p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 9 Races 4:30-8:30p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Haydock

14,25 Third Wind 8/1 e/w

3. Bustino74

Bustino74 Thouroughbred Breed Enthusiast

I'm just hoping the cheekily named Hamilton's Fantasy (look up the pedigree) becomes a racemare of some note from Mr Henderson's yard. She makes her debut in the Ascot bumper and looks to have each-way interest at 9-1, even if she is the yard's 2nd string .

karlos5001 likes this.
  4. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

However much you read into it but Henderson said there is nothing between his two.

5. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

ITV avoiders for Saturday .............. don't say you weren't warned!

Hay
    150 Arrivederci
    225 The Jam Man - flat, chase, hurdles - I hate when trainers do this but you can't help but think they know better!
    300 Lostintranslation
    335 Alminar ew

Asc
    205 Real Steel
    240 Laurina
    317 Abbey Magic
    350 Top Of The Bill ew

Good luck all <ok>

karlos5001 likes this.
  6. karlos5001

karlos5001 Well-Known Member

Good morning fellas. Some good racing today. First race special Haydock 1.50 money back if 2nd-4th with Skybet.
    Our Power for me, will see where we go after that.
    Sky also have a special for the Spurs v City game. Bet a minimum of 5p on the game and receive £5 free bet to use on anything. I’ve gone for 3-3 draw at 33/1.
    Have a great weekend. Good luck with your bets :emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0167-beer:

SwanHills, LG, Pilgrim and 1 other person like this.
  7. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

5 runners for the Betfair Chase at Haydock. A small field is fairly standard for this race, but still disappointing. Lostintranslation at anything better than evens doesn’t look a bad bet. Obviously the course brings out the best in Bristol de Mai, but is there any obvious reason why last season’s result will be reversed ? Probably not. Will Clan des Obeaux really need the run, as many are saying? A third KG is obviously the big mid winter target, but I don’t think he’ll be undercooked for this. Not written off.

I've just changed my mind anyway. It’s okay to do that, though you should never do it on your way up to the counter in a betting shop.
    Bristol de Mai 3/1, down to course form and value.

Might change it again before the off, to Clan des Obeaux. Pretty open race between those three imo. The other pair are running for place money, and why ever not?

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
    gazboy and dylanthomas like this.
  8. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Scoop 6/EW Lucky 63/Acca:

1:50 Haydock - Kid Commando 15/4 (4 places)
    2:25 Haydock - Kalashnikov 25/1 (4 places)
    3:00 Haydock - Lostintranslation 11/8
    3:17 Ascot - Abbey Magic 9/2
    3:35 Haydock - Sumkindofking 20/1
    3:50 Ascot - Top Of The Bill 12/1

I also think Robbie Power looks to have 4 decent chances so have backed his and done the fc in races where he has one in the same as any of the above.

Good luck all those playing today.

Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.
  9. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

The Betfair Chase looks more like one to watch than to bet on but here goes:

1. Bellshill - capable on his best form but surely only running for place money.

2. Bristol De Mai - dual winner and absolute monster at this course on soft / heavy going. Was beaten fair and square by Lostintranslation last year and I think he may be ridden with more restraint this year in an effort to leave something in the tank for the last 2 furlongs. Chances if Lostintranslation is not 100%.

3. Clan Des Obeaux - despite wind surgery I'm not sure he wants the extended trip of this or the Cheltenham Gold Cup and I think Kempton on Boxing Day will be his primary target once again.

4. Keeper Hill - likely to fight out 4th with Bellshill.

5. Lostintranslation
    - last year's winner and highest rated in the field, he is a natural favourite for the race BUT he hasn't had a prep run this season (won the Colin Parker Memorial Chase en route to this last year) and Tizzard has not really hit top stride yet - 8 winner from 47 runners so far in November and plenty of "PU" in the form book. Passed over at rather tight odds.

Summary: I'm sure Bristol De Mai and Lostintranslation will have this between them and if the Tizzard inmate is fit he ought to win. But it is a close call so I think the play would be a reverse forecast on the two of them - won't make you rich but ought to return a small profit.

Pilgrim, redcgull, karlos5001 and 2 others like this.
  10. OddDog

Staff Member

I guess Ascot will be disappointed with just the 7 runners for the two Grade 2 races today, but with no paying public to attract it will only feel a little flat on the TV. In the 1965 Chase Imperial Aura is my nap of the day - he looked absolutely top draw at Carlisle and can see him cruising up to (and past) Black Corton between the last 2 fences. If Paul Nicholls has got Laurina back to anywhere near her best she ought to take the Coral Hurdle comfortably in receipt of 13lbs from the boys. 4/6 shot in my eyes.

Pilgrim and karlos5001 like this.

11. CaptainPops

CaptainPops Well-Known Member

Nice write up Oddy...I have backed Bristol De Mai. I think he will get the lead and I am hoping he goes off in front a little bit harder than last year..it will be a lot more testing than last year's race..

OddDog likes this.
  12. CaptainPops

Morning all...bets today:

Haydock 3pm Bristol de mai 10/3 win. Will be ready for this, likely to get an easy lead and will make it a test at his favourite stomping ground.

Ascot 3.17pm Capeland 9/2 each way. Won this race last year and Nicholls other entry in this is slightly odd but maybe it's to keep the weights down. Big chance.

Been given a free bet by Bet365 so have backed Financial Outcome 15/2 each way 4 places in the Haydock 3.35pm race..

Good luck all!:emoticon-0167-beer:

13. OddDog

Staff Member

I just re-watched last year's race and I would say the softer ground today ought to bring the 2 of them closer together today, particularly if Jacob sets a faster pace. I was thinking he got outstayed last year but on re-watching I think Lostintranslation just had the better turn of foot on good-soft ground. Should be different this year.

CaptainPops and karlos5001 like this.
  14. OddDog

Staff Member

I did spot the name yesterday evening Bustino - Her Majesty not lost her sense of humour and mischief ;). It looks a hot enough bumper though and I like the chances of Top Of The Bill, related to that smart chaser Chatez. One to watch with the note book out (and will be able to see it as it is on Sky Sports Racing <ok>)

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  15. mallafets123

mallafets123 Well-Known Member

I think BDM has his best runs behind him now so I am with Lostintranslation. So you guys above will be collecting later no doubt. I will go with Laurina, Imperial Aura and...
    I cant work out where to put my hard earned in the 2.25 Stayers handicap, enjoying trying though.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2020
    karlos5001 likes this.
  16. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

You aren't worried about it being in my telly watchers then? <laugh>

OddDog likes this.
  17. smokethedeadbadger

Betway offering 50/1 on Lostintranslation max £1 bet winnings paid as free bet. New customer sign up offer. I've given it a go

mallafets123 and karlos5001 like this.
  18. smokethedeadbadger

That's the one I went for

OddDog likes this.
  19. OddDog

Staff Member

Max confidence now mate <ok>

Reebok likes this.
  20. CaptainPops

Also Lostintranslation had the benefit of a run before last year's race. This ground will be much more up Bristols street.. :emoticon-0148-yes:. This will be his gold cup! Trainer has been quiet too which for me is a good sign. Was bullish last year and often gets it wrong when giving it the big un..

karlos5001 and OddDog like this.