1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 26th. February 2022

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 25, 2022.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Saturday's Meetings

Chepstow
    N/H 7 Races 12:35-4:35p.m.
    Lingfield
    A/W 8 Races 1:00-4:55p.m.
    Kempton Park
    N/H 7 Races 1:15-4:45p.m.
    Newcastle
    N/H 7 Races 1:35-5:00p.m.
    Fairyhouse
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:25p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 8 Races 4:40-8:15p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: Feb 26, 2022
    Resurgam likes this.
  2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Newcastle
    15,15 Domaine De L'Isle 9/1 e/w Lads and Coral four places, 8/1 PP and betfair five places, 15/2 WH six places

3. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

3.45 Lingfield-Chief White Face @ 9-2 [Bet 365]

First race but told he could be useful

TheDukester likes this.
  4. TheDukester

TheDukester Member

Lingfield 4.55

Sarvan 9/1

Pilgrim likes this.
  5. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

After several years of "flattering to deceive" the Adonis looks like a more substantial renewal this year. We have the usual "unexposed dark horses" from the Nicholls yard (Pleasant Man, Rubaud) up against some smart UK form lines - primarily Knight Salute but also Impulsive One and Graystone and - importantly - Moke De Vassy, who got closest to ridiculous Cheltenham winner Pied Piper last time out.

I think Milton Harris has done the right thing in giving Knight Salute a break to avoid heavy winter ground and I hope he can take this en route to a real good crack at the Triumph.

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  6. OddDog

Staff Member

Please forgive a more senior poster a trip down memory lane ....................... the Grade 3 Coral Trophy Handicap Chase (Kempton 15.37) used to be called The Racing Post Chase and the 1990 renewal saw Desert Orchid concede 2 stone+ to his rivals and slam them - a lovely video, particularly the reception he got afterwards

Pilgrim and Chaninbar like this.
  7. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Evening, team.

Not having a bet in the race but must say that I'm highly intrigued by the Grade 2 Adonis Hurdle (1.50 Kempton) tomorrow. Really looking forward to the contest. Some established juveniles up against some unraced jumpers with decent Flat form in both France and this Isle. And this unraced brigade arrive with lofty price tags as well - including Pleasant Man 175,000 gns and The Famous Five €250,000. Could we see something special from any of the 11 decs??? I don't know but certainly a heat to watch with the old notebook, methinks.

One I do like is FAROUK DE CHENEAU (4.10 Kempton). Was a winner across The Channel (from 3 runs) prior to arriving at Seven Barrows. However, the old boy disappointed on his stable bow, back in March '20, when only 7th over this course and distance. And that in terms of his racecourse experience is that...as the 7YO son of Day Flight ain't ran since. Yes, he's been orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrf track for some 714 days. The Lieutenant and the Devizes crew have though kept the faith and he returns tomorrow off a mark of 120. This could greatly underestimate the old boy in my view. Plus, I do wonder if this race looks as strong as it may first appear - several handicapped, in my opinion, to the old hilt whilst others in the field have looked severely 'iffy' at times. Look you obviously have to take fitness on trust but Lieutenant Henderson has performed many a miracle in the past. Plus the stable has won this race twice in the past 10 years so know what is required. To my eye 12/1 is a price worth taking and I'd envisage it rewarding each-way support.

Good luck all.

Pilgrim likes this.
  8. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Sorry, old boy, wrote my Adonis blurb before I noticed that you'd written something pretty similar!

OddDog likes this.
  9. OddDog

Staff Member

Great minds think alike <ok>

10. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

15:37 Kempton - Cap Du Nord

(Slowly recapturing last season's good form. Very well-treated in this Grade-3 Handicap Chase, with going and distance ideal. Good Conditional rider, Jack Tudor, on board for the Christian Williams yard. 13/2 best price at time of writing, generally-available. Usual E/W best option in this very open Chase).

Good luck with your wagers if you have a go, and enjoy the afternoon's racing! :emoticon-0167-beer: :bandit:

floridaspearl and Pilgrim like this.

11. SwanHills

Not too often I dabble with Flat races during the NH season, but was disappointed with Al Zaraqaan's 4th place finish in the trial 21-days ago for today's Winter Derby Stakes (14:05 Lingfield). Maybe Hollie Doyle and the Golden Horn gelding can improve on that run? At the freely-available best price of 28/1 (yes 28/1) at time of writing, I dare not have a small punt on AZ! E/W of course!)

Now I'm going back to bed! :emoticon-0113-sleep :emoticon-0100-smile :bandit:

floridaspearl and Pilgrim like this.
  12. OddDog

Staff Member

Keeping it simple in the Coral Trophy Handicap Chase. The only C&D winner in the field is Christian Williams' Five Star Getaway who prevailed at the Christmas meeting off a mark of 130. The 2nd and 3rd placed horses that day have both come out and won since so a 4lb rise doesn't look overly harsh and he was competitive off his new mark at Sandown, finishing 3rd.

floridaspearl likes this.
  13. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Sorry I’m going to oppose you with five star getaway.

14. SwanHills

Good luck, let's hope one of us gets the winner! <cheers>

15. Joe_z

Joe_z Well-Known Member

I think Knight Salute was a tad lucky there.

16. OddDog

Staff Member

That was impressive from Knight Salute. He was clearly idling between the last two but picked up again once Teddy Blue challenged. Smart.

17. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

I wouldnt let any of the Moore boys ride my bike.... they have no concept of presenting a horse at an obstacle...

Pilgrim and SaveTheHumans like this.
  18. OddDog

Staff Member

The last Pertemps qualifier in a few minutes at Chepstow. To be honest I'm a bit confused at Bells Of Peterboro being favourite as he qualified for the final by finishing a poor 6th at Huntingdon last month - a disappointing run given that he looked to be on a bit of a roll. His current mark of 128 might see him struggle to get into the final so are they trying to win today????? Ballyandy of interest too.

19. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

I think he was very lucky Teddy made a hames of the last.

I also agree about the comment on Moore <laugh> the Luke Morris of NH racing.

20. OddDog

Staff Member

Ballyandy might have won that a bit too easily - bound to be raised a few pounds for that effort which will make it more difficult in the final.