1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Saturday 2nd. October 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Oct 1, 2021.

1. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A good looking renewal of the Grade 2 PWC Champion Chase at Gowran Park shortly. Queen Mother Champion Chase heroine Put The Kettle On is back up in trip on seasonal debut and has a couple of Willie Mullins trained geldings in Easy Game and Galway Plate winner Royal Rendezvous in opposition. The mare's 7lb sex allowance is negated by her Grade 1 penalty and she will likely have her hands full against the Mullins pair who finished 1st and 2nd at Galway. Easy Game has since bolted up in a 3-runner affair at Listowel and might just be able to make his fitness edge pay today.

2. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Put The Kettle On a late non-runner and Royal Rendezvous just edged out Hardline with Easy Game a faller 3 out. Good race.

3. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Ainsdale 4th. SP 28/1.

SwanHills and Grendel like this.
  4. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Glen Shiel had good early pace, then looked like falling right away but did stay on a little bit again but he never threatened. It was a disappointing effort for a Group 1 winner who had his ground today and it is hard to believe he ran anywhere near his best today.

Saffron Beach was a good winner today, with Mother Earth giving another good effort, albeit three lengths away in second. Snow Lantern had a hummer and I don't see the point on running a horse on ground that clearly doesn't suit. She was miles away from her 115 rating today and didn't do a lot for Baaeed's form. Victor Ludorum also had a whiffy effort today and I did say that his rating for his run behind Baaeed was nonsense. I'll be nuts deep with Palace Pier when those two meet.