1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saudi takeover poll

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Dr Van Helsing, Apr 21, 2021.

?

Do you still want the Saudi takeover?

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Just wondering if the past few days events have provided enough food for thought on the potential Saudi takeover?

After fans came together to try and save the remaining embers of football I think nufc would look dreadful accepting this takeover. We'll take a battering and we'll be encouraged to to protest against it and I think they'd be right.

I'm out, but I just wanted to see if I'm alone or if others have made the same switch in their attitude towards it.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

**** yeah. Ashley out.

3. Schlem Boogerman

Schlem Boogerman Well-Known Member

T

4. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

**** me, I forgot Wednesday was a flop day for you ! So why do you not want this to go through now and why have you changed your mind......yet again? <doh>

5. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

6. CaraMatt

CaraMatt Well-Known Member

I want it.

I’d live in the hope that they’d a) bring Mbappe, give us a reason to smile for a few years, nab a trophy or two and turn our apparent ‘delusion’ into reality, b) act like paragons of virtue when compared to the ghouls of the ESL “big 6”.

Sportswashing doesn’t have to be a trick, it can be a doorway to a state behaving better.

I want it. And I want to be hated for our success. **** em all.

7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Obviously yes

magpie290761 likes this.
  8. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

T

I'm with Car Mat on this one.

magpie290761 and CaraMatt like this.
  9. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

If there were any protests against the takeover they those same fans need to protest outside Bramall Lane, Stamford Bridge (Russian money), Everton (State influenced Chinese ownership) PSG and Qatar too for many human rights issues.

where do you realistically draw the line? Those BLM clowns seemingly want to prosecute the UK for its history of slavery abs are looking for reparations. How far do we go back?

The ills of a state and the ownership of a football club on these shores needs to be separated. Period.

I’ll judge potential Saudi owners on the good they do for the club abs the region too.

I’d also walk away if a heartbeat if they ever took NUFC into a bullshit Euro league like the dippers abs manc owners tried to do.

magpie290761 likes this.
  10. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

I'd love it, love it if the takeover goes ahead.

11. Dr Van Helsing

I never changed my mind on whether I wanted it I changed my mind on whether it was going through or not

12. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Still want it, it just ain't happening.

Munson. likes this.
  13. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

I've gone back and forth a lot, ultimately I find the Saudis disgusting.

Why not just a normal, decent owner?

14. Dr Van Helsing

I want a takeover that's for sure, but I think it'll be pretty awful being the most hated club in the world and I'd like a different one ideally

GeordieHalfbreed likes this.
  15. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

Because they couldn't afford Mbappe, probably

16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

that PSG bloke would chop his own legs off and feed them to his son before selling Mbappe to some Saudis

Munson. and Ben 10 like this.
  17. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I couldn't give a flying **** about being hated or not. Bit extreme to say we'll be the most hated club in the world like, again I go back to not having any ****s to give about it. We've suffered for so long under Ashley and before him....us as fans deserve better and it's our ****ing time now! Don't forget that the Reubens will be involved in this as well as Staveley so it's not all PIF money although that's a good chunk of it I admit. We're not just talking about the club here either, there is a wider remit to all of this which I think gets forgotten about and lost. Most of us will be spending our money on things the saudi's are involved in anyway so what ****ing difference does it make anyway?

When this takeover happens, I for one will be ecfuckingstatic, if not just to bask in the glory of the fact that we took on the PL and we won, we took on the top 6 who tried to stop this....and we won. More importantly we got rid of Ashley.....so we've won !!

Oh, it might piss the mackems off as well !!

18. Dr Van Helsing

Some good points

19. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

Whatever happens I just hope whoever is in charge invests heavily in the academy and does it properly. Money is one thing but you need the right people to put in an infrastructure that works. There is a massive opportunity financially for the club and in terms of connection with the supporter base and the community of doing this properly.

20. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I know this is going to be an unpopular opinion, but I have always had serious misgivings about the PIF takeover. It isn't about the owner being a Saudi, but rather which Saudi it would be. This would be the Saudi state and I hate the idea of any club being bankrolled by a nation state. The fact that it is the Saudi state makes me even more uncomfortable. There have been and still are atrocities carried out by the Saudis. They aren't the only ones but it makes me very uncomfortable and isn't the image I would want the club to project. For me, the financial benefits wouldn't be worth it. I am not sure if I would feel different if it was purely an investment source for Staveley and the Reuben brothers and PIF had no say in how the club was run. However, I can't see them not wanting a say if they invested.

I am also uncomfortable with this whole billions and billions idea too. If it happened we would be buying success and not earning it. There are too many clubs already doing that. It's a problem that needs sorting and I don't think you sort it by adding to the problem. I'd prefer to see us going down the 50+1 route and setting an example. For me that is worth far more than trophies gained by just outspending everyone else out there. Hopefully the independent regulator that is being established will set some controls on how much money any club can spend.

If the PIF takeover happened I don't think it wouldn't feel like the club I have supported for 50 years anymore.