1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saudi Takeover?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Roland Deschain, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

Convenient time right enough with only a week left of the transfer window hmmm...

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Just a modern manager playing football that entertains. I have stated many times my preference would be for one of Poch's countrymen, Marcelo Gallardo. Been at River Plate for 5-6 years now, most successful manager in their history (which is some effort really) and another Bielsa disciple. Obviously difficult for many fans to get their head round as he is not a known quantity on these shores, but I watch a fair bit of south american football and the standard is high. Certainly technically and tactically.

I'll stay in the bullshit camp like the other times. I mean even IF, and that IF is gargantuan based on known facts, there were real interest from the Saudis, then they still have the biggest obstacle of all to overcome. There is not a great deal of incentive for Mike to sell. Things are going very well and his main business is thriving due to its association with the club.He's an awkward bastard. He likes to move goalposts.

Again though horseshit regardless who is or isn't commenting. We've seen the club run this charade time and time again under his stewardship. It is certainly more unbelievable than believable based on what we know unless you are A: Desperate B: Incredibly Gullible C: Incredibly stupid.

3. Mick O'Toon

Wouldn't want him back,he was sitting in China with his letter to the club ready for weeks just waiting for the deadline to release it.

Judge Death and Schlem Boogerman like this.
  4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I get its Monday morning but there is no need for this kind of negativity on here.

And FYI Jesus was the son of God - admittedly it might be quite difficult to have a son if you don't exist but whatever.

Also expressing views that God doesn't exist under our new owners may lead to you being the half-time entertainment and I for one will be making sure I bring a nice weighty stone with me.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2020
  5. Warmir Pouchov

That didn't happen overnight. He'd know for a half a season he was going to line his pockets in China and taking the number 9 with him. I don't have a problem with it, its insane the money they earn over there. It doesn't even stick in the craw that much he lied and led the fans a merry dance. We knew when he came here how he used the media to curry favour with fans and pressure owners. He has done it at every club he's been at.

Welshie, Judge Death and Mick O'Toon like this.
  6. Warmir Pouchov

I am expecting the corporate ranks to introduce some muslim based cuisine. We all know the muslim world does great spicing. I don't need to worry about them stoning me. Those days are long behind them. Or at least this sportswashing says it is <laugh>

7. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Look, you'd have to be pushing single digit in IQ to genuinely think this stuff is just 'made up' by Mike Ashley.

What IS real about any of this is there's always been suitors, but Ashley is challenging to deal with. His modus operandi is to move the goalposts at the last minute (hence his "what's £10m to an Arab Prince" comment), which makes it very difficult from either a US or Middle East standpoint, where business is done on respect and handshakes as much as contracts and stamps.

8. leez

leez Well-Known Member

advanced, talks it says on the bbc teletext

Mick O'Toon likes this.
  9. Mick O'Toon

Has he not got the hump already due to a leak ?

10. Warmir Pouchov

I wouldn't be surprised if he did make it up - it isn't that far fetched if you know anything about the guy and how he sees business. Indeed it would take a single digit IQ to think he isn't capable of it given the overwhelming historical evidence. Regardless the point is, it doesn't really matter if there are suitors. The only relevant point is whether you think Ashley has any intention of selling. Again the overwhelming evidence suggests he'll play along and then add an unrealistic demand into the mix to scupper it. He doesn't appear to want to sell, which to be fair is very understandable from his standpoint.

11. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

So the latest horseshit is a they want sack Bruce and bring back Rafa. But of a ****ter for Bruce, but I'd like that.

Its not gonna ****in happen anyway tho so who cares.

12. Mick O'Toon

Rafa will be looking for £20m a year to leave China:cheesy:

13. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Got to say, Chaos picked a bad week to get banned ... <doh>

14. Charlie Dogscock

I missed that, what did he get banned for?

15. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Hang on a minute...Chaos gets banned and takeover rumours start flying in left right and centre....that's nee ****ing coincidence that like !

The devil is at work somewhere else I reckon.

We're still ****ed.

16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

It's reached a few too many publications (with genuine standards) for this all to be bullshit. Their interest is definitely real and I do believe the BBC when they say it's in advanced talks.

But, to say it's a done deal is crazy. This is Newcastle United, under Mike Ashley. He doesn't need to sell, i think Amanda Stavely genuinely annoys him and he doesn't like her on a personal level so that will add difficulty to the deal.

Why does PCP have to be involved? Is it due to her husband's Saudi link? She seems to be a very hit or miss businesswomen who certainly can't stop leak. And Ashley needs to realise this is 2020. Even the US presidents private dinners are leaked, selling a football club is gonna be everywhere.

17. Leo Billy

Leo Billy Well-Known Member

Apparently what I’ve heard from a source who’s family work in Saudi is that Ashley is on his with back to the UK for further discussions, apparently they’re offering to pay 340m in one installment to which Fat Mike isn’t happy with as he wants instalments over 3 years as he wants to keep the advertising of Sports Direct for the next couple of years and also puma for the kits.

18. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

Not sure, but I'm sure you can guess...

19. Charlie Dogscock

One of his sexy anger outbursts then no doubt.

Judge Death likes this.
  20. Consett Mag

Consett Mag Well-Known Member

The media don't buy it - they pour petrol on it and enjoy the treat for as long as they can.
    Wonder how long this sale can be strung out for.