1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Schumacher injured

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat, Dec 29, 2013.

1. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

This. It really isn't the time or place.

2. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

I liked the Miggins post, but of course I want to see Michael Schumacher get better

3. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

I think a few posts above should be deleted as it's going beyond Schumacher, Miggins has every right to care/or not really care the outcome of Schumacher in any form he wishes as that is his human right to do so. He wishes him no harm just not a prayer as he believes others are more deserving of and I can understand and relate to.

I would rather pray for example on that my own fathers blood test comes clean so he doesn't have suspected life ended lymphoma (blood cancer), or that my sister doesn't get cervical cancer (sin 2), rather than pray to Nelson Mandela who I consider a past terrorist on innocent people just to support his cause of racial equality.

If Schumacher lives or dies in the next few hours/days it will not effect me for long, I will go on and live my life even if it was Vettel. If my Father or Sister died that would change my whole lifestyle which thankfully it didn't. My empathy circle goes from Family-Close Friends to Friends. For the rest it means -> non existent

I hope the very best for Schumacher though how much that helps the situation and his family is unknowable...

4. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

There might be more noble causes for people to be directing their concern/best wishes/prayers, but I doubt an F1 forum would be the best platform to do so. However, this is an F1 forum and therefore people will use this as a vehicle to offer their support. So lets get down off our high horses and let this be for what it is.

5. dhel

dhel Well-Known Member

I would rather pray for example on that my own fathers blood test comes clean so he doesn't have suspected life ended lymphoma (blood cancer), or that my sister doesn't get cervical cancer (sin 2), rather than pray to Nelson Mandela who I consider a past terrorist on innocent people just to support his cause of racial equality.

Silver cheese, Nelson Mandela is no more of a terrorist than the two Bush presidents. They slaughtered people without reason or cause in the name of freedom...which turned out to be a pack of lies. Mandela fought for a cause...do you know what it is to see people take you land and your country and treat your people worse than animals? Well you better read real history instead of reading Christopher Columbus and his lies about discovering land where people lived for years. Mandela had a cause and just cause too. I hope you are not one of those racist people who still believe that black people have no rights or place in society. I didn't expect that from you at all. I am proud of what Mandela did, he will stand out in history as a hero. Maybe you are a bit too young to know the struggle Mandela went through for the African people.

6. SgtBhaji

Mandela can only be described as a true hero for freedom and among the greatest of men, but this debate may be best served in off-topic so as to not swamp this one out.

7. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Slight improvement following second operation .

8. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

This. Schumi has always polarised people and I think Miggins just didn't want to be a hypocrite. I've realised my worry is that he survives but has awful brain damage or other permanent injury.

9. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Schumacher's condition improves

German motor-racing champion Michael Schumacher's condition has improved slightly after an operation to relieve pressure on his brain, his doctors have said.

A new scan taken overnight showed signs that his condition was "better than yesterday", but he is still "not out of danger", doctors said.

The seven-time Formula 1 champion suffered head injuries on Sunday in a skiing accident in the French Alps.

He was put in a medically-induced coma.

Late on Monday night doctors carried out a new scan on Schumacher which showed "an improved situation" and indicated a window of opportunity for a second operation, doctors said.

The family took the "difficult decision" to give consent for the operation, and doctors operated on Schumacher for about two hours.

A subsequent scan revealed a "slight improvement" in Schumacher's condition.

Doctors said they could not deem the former F1 racer "out of danger", but said that they had "gained a bit more time in the evolution" of Schumacher's condition.

"It is better than yesterday," the medical team said. "But all the family is very much aware that his state is still sensitive and anything can happen."

10. Max Whiplash

Max Whiplash Well-Known Member

11. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Yes Max, never a fan of MS myself, but lets hope he fully recovers with total brain function, he's a pretty determined type and has the willpower to pull through, is all down to the doctors now.

12. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

At least the doctors were able to provide some better news, though were still careful to reiterate that he is not out of danger.

13. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I'm glad he is improving, and I do hope he makes a full recovery, I'm curious as to how much damage an induced coma does compared to a 'normal' one, anyone know? (normal comas do a lot of damage, especially to motor function, and it can take years, if ever, for full faculty to be restored, was a great program about it a year or 2 ago). And I DO hope it is a FULL recovery as I think being crippled for the rest of his life will be akin to death to someone like Schumacher, although he can always look to Frank Williams for some inspiration if it happens.

14. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

apparently a journalist managed to get into the hospital MS is in disguised as a priest. Disgusting behaviour and you know they will get away with it too!

Glad MS is getting better. if only slightly. but he and his family and the good hospital staff should be given privacy here. We don't need on the hour updates of non-news.

15. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've got no medical background, but I'm guessing the length of a "normal" coma is what has the impact on motor function? Schumacher's induced one should only be around 48 hours according to early reports, and he's being kept in hypothermic conditions to reduce brain damage, as I believe it stops/slows hematoma formation?

16. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

17. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

true, but I seem to recall the degeneration is reasonably quick and the regeneration markedly slower, I suspect the hypothermic conditions will slow the degeneration

Nah, he was a bit of an egotist who's ego has completely destroyed his country by being so far up his own arse that he thought he could run a country when he had zero experience of running anything other than guerilla attacks against undefended targets. The true hero of Sth Africa was F W de Klerk, a white Boer, who ended Apartheid the first chance he got. It's such a shame that the black population of South Africa didn't see it and went racial and voted for a completely inept and inexeprienced bunch of self serving dick-heads.
    As to Mandela's acts, the cult of the personality in full effect, he was more under house arrest than an actual prisoner as we'd normally see it, he lived in relative luxury in Robben Island, his followers had pretty much unrestricted access to him, from which he'd plan the terrorist attacks that killed many innocent civilians including 47 children in one hit, Amnesty International refused to grant him 'political prisoner' status for that very reason. He should count himself lucky, the black 'political prisoners' of the ANC (which were many) were usually tortured and then necklaced in camps in Angola, more blacks died by the hands of the ANC than they did from white south Africans, but shhh, peopel aren't supposed to think about that.
    South Africa today is totally and utterly ****ed, crime is rampant, as is unemployment, AIDS and drugs, it should be one of the richest nations on earth and a beacon of hope (along with Zimbabwe and the Congo, yeah, I know, ****ed up or what), and the blame for it's rapid descent can be placed firmly at the feet of one man.

On a side note did you know that Apartheid was based on Australias racial policies, which have hardly changed at all?

yeah, maybe a off topic would've been better, I'll put the soap box away now shall I?

18. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

19. ErnieBecclestone

ErnieBecclestone Well-Known Member

Correct on all count's Miggins. How do I know, simple I went through a brain hemorrhage in 2002 and went through similar process and made a full recovery, as far as I know.:undecided:

And yes, despite all that, I remember Mandela was nothing more than a terrorist when I was a lad.

And, South Africa is totally ****ed now, its out of control.

20. SgtBhaji

I have a quick question for our brave leaders.

Would there be any possibility of giving Manny a reprieve so that he can join in on this?

A new year, a new start, bygones and all that?