1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scotland Fans Boo Ian Black

Discussion in 'Rangers' started by Rocket, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

Medro are you saying you supported Neil Lennon when he played for Northern Ireland?

2. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Don't really follow international football that much but yes as did most people up until he started talking about a united Ireland team.

Same way that I cheer on the N.I celtic players when they turn out for us.

3. anportmorbhoy

anportmorbhoy Well-Known Member

Lennon was abused by NI fans in March 2001 v Norway after signing for Celtic. They sang anti Catholic songs and we've got a Provo on our team. In August 2002 17 months later he said he wanted to play for a united Ireland team- then it went from abuse to death threats

4. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Which anti-catholic songs?

He played for N.I since about 94 and only got a bit of grief from a small section of support when he signed for Celtic. Most N.I fans showed their support for him though, think there's YouTube vids proving that. Of course that all changed when he talked about the United Ireland team

5. anportmorbhoy

He was abused in 2001. He never played for NI after the comments about how an all ireland side. Your comments above were stated in a way to make it seem that Lennon got similar treatment to black due to his comments. Yet he never played for ni after that time, as he and his family were threatened with death, don't believe black has received such threats

6. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

I said that no matter team they play for they should get the backing of the national teams fans.

If however, say Black was Scotland captain and spoke of gettin rid of the Scotland in favour of a GB team then I would understand people giving him serious abuse / threats.

7. anportmorbhoy

And his "comments" was an answer to a hypothetical question put to him, would he play for an all Ireland team if there was one. He said yes. Which is his opinion. He wasn't calling for an end to the ni team. Many players would have said yes if asked. Would you prefer he lied?

8. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

He could have just said nothing.

9. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

And be dictated to by fear of extremists who pounce on an answer they don't like?

Is it Syria we're living in now?

10. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

I like how no matter what Lennon ever says, his loyal subjects back him up to the hilt. Arse sooking extrodinaires

11. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

He's was a footballer not a political figure.

An answer to the stirring bastard journalist's question like 'That would be up to the FAI and IFA. I just want to play football' and the question goes away

Similar to the Welsh, Scots and NI players responses to questions on Team GB.

12. anportmorbhoy

So you feel the threats are justified, because of his Opinion on a football team?????

Mr T had he said nothing he would have been vilified, had he said no he would have been vilified, he was in a no win situation. He shouldnt be afraid to give his opinion. George best gave his opinion on an all Ireland side. Don't recall him getting abuse from either side

13. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

And in anycase this thread is about the ****e treatment handed out to a player in a Scotland shirt by the national disgrace that is the Tartan Army.

Shower of pished ****s in kilts and boots with a big gut hanging out, see you Jimmy hat, pishing everywhere, singing xenophobic, homophobic songs, annoying the local population, flashing their arses and cocks at passing females. National embarrassment.

14. Girvan Loyal 1690

Mr T ura pyoor bigut!! <wah>

15. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Like I said if the Scotland captain was asked if he would like to play in a team GB which would see the end of the home nations. Do you think he would win much support from the fans or would all the Scottish fans turn on him.

He could have easily avoided the question.

16. Tioga River

Tioga River Member

I don't think there was anything wrong with his answer because as someone else pointed out he wasn't calling for a united Ireland team.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree

17. Girvan Loyal 1690

Course you don't

18. Medro

Medro Well-Known Member

Now stop jumping the gun laddy. I did not say that they were justified but I understood the reaction the fans gave him, the fans not the ones who sent threats. The ones who sent the death threats were not football fans, but mindless thugs.

19. OSP

OSP Member

Arsehole Hibs fans it seems were to blame. Apparently the booed the Hearts lad when he came on as a sub for the Aussies too. Is it Dylan McGowan his name is? Actually just realised how timmy a name that is, maybees it was the hearts fans in the crowd booing him... <whistle>

20. MrT

MrT Well-Known Member

Is the context really about only a football team in that hellhole of an island? Really?

As for George Best, everybody knew he was drunk when he said that. Probably.