1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Scottish Independence

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, May 9, 2021.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

Wee Jimmy Krankie has been beating her one-trick drum now since her arrival on the scene and her dulcet tones are becoming louder and shriller day by day.
    I personally believe a divorce would be a bad thing for the whole island of the UK - policing a border, different currencies, defence - the whole thing would be a nuisance - and an economic disaster for Scotland.
    However I’m getting more and more fed up with listening to their whinging and whining, so I’m coming around to the opinion that we should take the initiative and EXPEL them from the UK. Just bite the bullet and get rid.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I am on your side of the argument here, I am so fed up with that gobby, arrogant band of angels but I like Scots and I am sure there is still a majority of ordinary people up there that wish to stick with us in the UK, let them have their referendum and good luck to them on their result, personally I couldn't care less, the woman is a total moron.

bcfcredandwhite likes this.
  3. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

I think it would be extremely dangerous for them to break free at this time.
    I’m pretty sure that Spain would block their re-entry into the EU because of the fear of Catalonia going the same way - also Brussels will not want to admit another weak state that will require more subsidy than it puts in by way of contributions.
    They could end up outside the EU and outside the UK.
    All those ship building jobs on the Clyde would go, as Krankie would kick out the Trident submarines. North Sea oil is almost gone - they only have their whisky left as a big earner.
    They need to be very careful and put their heads before their hearts if they get another vote.

4. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

The Irish borders are patrolled as best it can.
    If they vote to go alone and take their chance getting back into the EU then let them decide.
    Then us Welsh will probably say we want the same and off we trot.
    Then the Cornish
    And the northerners
    And bang Westminster is happy as it’s finally got only London to worry about.
    After all where ever you go abroad the first question is where you from, followed by is that close to London. Or if in USA they believe that London is in Heathrow.

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

being of "dual nationality" but having lived down here for major portion of my long life [ to date ] I still have strong ties with my kin folk up there .. all cousins now [or in laws ]. The opinions differ none live in Glasgow some close to Edinburgh and others in the "wilds" sheep farming 2000+ ewes 40 or so pure highland cattle, and some down the east coast. A straw poll would probably 50.1% to 49.9% say yes ! driven by [ in laws! ]. geographically north & south of a line through Glasgow Edinburgh it is about 75 -25 NO .. BUT MORE THAN 65% OF THE POPULATION IS IN THE CENTRAL BELT
    I think it would be disasterous. A lot of the opinion is based on 2 things rejoining EU and oil.. fishing being a close 3rd.
    The EU stated that "should they wish to join the EU they would have to comply with rules and apply, it is not a given they will be accepted"
    Oil and gas .. well luckily they voted No last time as the market dived! the reality is electric cars will likely be 30-40 % or more in 5 -10 years time … need for oil will drop so market will change.###
    Fishing UK fishing policy and rules etc will need to be changed, this will take up to 15 years to implement ……
    other factors... SECURITY, POLICING, HEALTH #### and network super structures [ like roads ]… it is a minefield of consequences!

### … oil, vendor generates 1,000,000 barrels of oil in x time = running costs and a profit. Take away cars and the need to utilise crude for plastic's etc and need drops. still need running costs and a profit stays about the same so reduce production and increase price … motorists faced with a hike will look at electric so production goes down and repeats cycle .. gas limited supplies in north sea that fall into UK WATERS, but licences are not short term things and most infra structure is not Scottish, although make a lot of it...….
    #### the concept north of border is different, being partly devolved they sponge off the rest of the uk [ money in a pot distributed by Westminster,] and they lose £bn's in fact unlike Wales/NI they are in the red with most things. BEING OLD as is most of my cousins! they spout on about should they need a care home it is pretty much free!... actually if they used the health budget available to reduce the £bn's deficit [ which should they say yes ] then there tax's in the £ would likely be 40p in the £ ...base rate!

6. framptonfrank

framptonfrank Active Member

I am fed up hearing about it, encourage them to go, put up a border, don’t let them have the ££ and let them try for the failing EU. Best of luck to the Scots!

7. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

Let Knickerless Virgin and the Scots have their independence and they can go back to having a love in with Brussels.
    But if I were Boris I'd make it clear that the Scottish Government need to pay £50k per truck to use the English Channel Tunnel for haulage if they choose to leave the UK.

8. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Either she goes or they can go and let them get on with it.

9. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

aha forgot that... there fishing products to euro go via English ports!