1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Scunthorpe

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by e18, Feb 3, 2011.

1. e18

e18 Member

Rosenior and Harper out on Sat according to HDM

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

On the OWS Craig Shakespeare has said - "I think at the moment, we've got to rate both of those players as 50-50 and we're hoping that one, if not both, of them will be fit."

I'd be surprised if we saw either of them involved, but it does sound like there's a slim chance.

3. e18

e18 Member

Breaking news( so take it how you like) on HDM web site

4. tomahawk taity

Think harpers easy to replace but right back with what we have in reserve is a slight concern!!!!!

5. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

I'd pick solano, hopefully we wont be under too much pressure so he can be on the ball more rather than defending. Although McShane's height might see him get the nod

6. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Solano definitely deserves it, he can defend and attack better than McShane, and his only weakness is a tricky winger. Which, with respect to Scunny, they don't have do they?

Only problem is Solano has missed the last 2 benches due to injury I believe, so we might be forced to watch the ginger ninja :/

7. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

Solano has been ill hasn't he, rather than injured?

8. ImperialTiger

ImperialTiger Well-Known Member

Hoover withdrawal symptoms?

9. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

I'm surprised Henry lasted that long, I thought Pearson wouldn't particularly want him being around the camp with Pearson's professional approach, he was a good laugh though!

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Not sure, assumption on my part that he was injured. Either way it has the same implications that he might not be fit for Saturday.

11. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Think Macca will get the nod.

12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Solano managed to be injured and ill, both at the same time.

He's been back in training this week and I'd expect him to get the nod over Macca.

13. mark2112

mark2112 Member

He's been back in training this week and I'd expect him to get the nod over Macca.....

Maybe .Macca brings in height on set pieces.Scuuny sold Woolford to Bristol in the window thats leaving a opportunity for someone to shine for them on the wing and one of those to play second fiddle to Rosenior.Roll on 3pm Saturday to answer our questions.

14. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

At 139 years old, I believe Solano will become the oldest ever player to feature in the Humber derby if he plays!!

15. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Different note .On the early news said Scunny haven't sold all their home tickets for the game.

Has their fans resigned to league 1 already.Think the directors have though.Stadium will need to be made all seater if they stay in this league.Reducing capacity,revenue and doubt they can pay for it.I would have questioned the sale of some of their players if I was a supporter.

16. westhulltiger

westhulltiger Active Member

If Scunny haven't sold all their tickets for their 'cup final' then the supporters have definitely given up on survival

17. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

Scunny took just 200 fans to Boro on Tuesday and they haven't sold out for their cup final with the Mighty Tigers. Just what their team needs when they're struggling. I keep chuckling at their fans ringing into RH and saying how great Baracunt was as a manager, just because of a 4-0 win at Sheff Utd. Now, however, he's a tactically inept 'hoofballer' who is taking the down. :-D

18. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

It's a minor miracle what has been achieved at Scunthorpe and their chairman is to be admired for keeping it real and keeping them solvent. Those scunts should consider themselves lucky.
    They will of course return to their natural level in the end. At the moment they are an overacheiving village team (imo). I wish them well, but think that their flirtation with the higher echelons of english football are coming to an end.
    Those 200 who travelled to boro the other night have my utmost respect and admiration.