1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SD has decided to sell!!

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by HeatonMackem, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Gordon Armstrong

Gordon Armstrong Just another S.A.F.C. fan
    Forum Moderator

You probably shouldn't have said that, Brian :emoticon-0136-giggl

2. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I'm still not sure what to make of all this.

The Fanzine statement wasn't the best in timing or in content, but we have all seen far far worse directed at owners of other clubs
    SD has made a statement on radio which contradicted what he had said previously, then released a statement saying he was keeping his word and would sell up, but the way it was worded made him sound like a petulant child.

As I posted the other day, there have been so many inconsistencies from both SD and CM going right back to when they took over, that I now take everything said by him with a huge pinch of salt.

How's this for a left field suggestion - FPP to takeover and appoint an MD - O Brien? (like Joe Lewis has done with Levy at Spurs) with Steve McLaren as Sporting Director?

After all, during the original FPP negotiations didn't a local businessman have to fly to the USA to keep the negotiations alive?

3. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

No, please don't do that. I'm genuinely interested in your opinions. The thing is, if you just repeat the same rhetoric and don't engage in debate about your opinions people get the impression that you're just on the wind up.

Robertson, Nacho and Gordon Armstrong like this.
  4. Nostradamoose

Nostradamoose Active Member

Hello boyo :emoticon-0115-inlov

one gary owers and Sheep Farmer like this.
  5. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

I dont like donald or his hangers on
    I didnt like ross.
    I didnt and dont rate keane.
    I respect the work short attempted .
    I remain unconvinced by PP but can see green shoots of improvement.
    I dont like racists, misogynists or bullies.
    I have been pulled for using the expression 'shirt lifta' in a joke thread. Inappropriate language?? Maybe so but others regularly spout the 'f' word with impunity.
    I am not on wind ups . If I smell a rat I point it out, but it seems my pointing is viewed as winding up because certain figures dont like uncomfortable truths or views that differ from theirs.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  6. The Norton Cat

Fair enough. So what is it that you don't like about Donald? And what is it that you didn't like about Ross? I thought he did a good job especially after he had his goalscorer taken away from. He seemed to recognise that he had to be tactically flexible even if he often got it wrong.

I don't think it's the pointing that make people think you're on the wind up, its certainly not why I have thought that.

7. FulwellBri

I have posted hundred of words re ross and Donald and why I didnt like them.
    Not being funny but I'm sure if you looked up my posts you will find my views on both.
    My views on ross ball are well documented.

8. The Norton Cat

Yeah, I can remember a bit of what you wrote. The way I see it, this site is for expressing an opinion about the club, football, or anything else for that matter, and then discussing that opinion in a friendly (ish!) environment. I was just offering to discuss our differing opinions, because I find that interesting.

Kittenmittons likes this.
  9. FulwellBri

But your inference that I am wind up merchant doesnt have legs I'm afraid.
    I got bagged on here because I dared to suggest that the new non exec board members were a joke and a way for donald to take some heat off.
    That was my view and tbh I have been pretty much on the money on that and many other issues.
    I got bagged by some of the sanctimonious holier than thou merchants for 'daring' to point out Donald's salacious non football activities. Billy Graham wannabes

10. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

The Norton Cat seems like he's being nice to you Bri...

The Norton Cat likes this.

11. FulwellBri

Couldnt give 2 what whatnots who likes me and who doesnt tbh.
    Some on here have skins thinner than rice paper and get indignant at the merest hint of rebuke or disagreement.
    The same sort that call you snow flake when you have a liberal democratic viewpoint. They can dish out but cant take it

12. The Norton Cat

I'm not inferring that you're a wind up merchant. You seemed aggrieved that people had taken you and others the wrong way or treated you unfairly. As I had assumed in the past that you were on the wind up, I was trying to put that in the past and talk in more detail about your opinions.

13. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Anyone who repeats the same negative opinion over and over and over again is trying to wind people up imo. Why else would they do it?

14. FulwellBri

It
    Does irk me that ( to paraphrase Orwell) some animals are more equal than others.
    I dont engage in the long drawn out spats.
    I give my view and politely retreat. That doesnt sit well with some who want to labour the point.
    As is often written on social media..if you dont me and what I stand for best you dont read my posts.
    Many have difficulty with that simple viewpoint.
    I am now forced to watch my 'p's and 'q's more vigilantly than many others seem to have to.
    That aggrieves me

15. The Norton Cat

I can understand why that annoys you. Like I said, I got the impression that you were on the wind up because you just repeated the same stuff and wouldn't engage in discussion. I'm not interested in points scoring, I just want to talk about football (and whatever else). Some posters liken this site to a virtual pub. Like a real pub, there will always be regulars that you try and avoid but you should be able to find someone who'll chat if you're up for it.

farnboromackem and clockstander like this.
  16. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's too left field at all mate. In fact, it's quite plausible.

O'Brien's name has been bandied about, as someone who could be about to come on board, for the last few months, and may well have been the local businessman who re-ignited the negotiations, as was reported at the time.
    Schteve has watched a hell of a lot of our games recently. Why? It is likely that he is the ex-England manager who has been advising FPP, that Smug referred to many moons ago.

They could have been lined up in the wings by FPP, in the event that Donald didn't cut it. If this is the case, it's open to debate whether Dave Jones and Tom Sloanes were FPP backed, as has been suggested by some, or Stewart Donald's appointments.

17. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

TBH mate, if these appointments we're from Donald, and I was either of these lads, I'd be having him by the throat.

ISOE II and alan reed like this.
  18. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

The “f” word is a swear word with no discriminatory language. Hence no offence caused to anyone. I’ve pulled 3 people this week about homophobic language and only one of them has whinged on about it. And is still whinging on. (The others just apologised)

You are a sarcastic and insulting person who has been acting like a spoilt brat!

you may not be on a wind up but you post some ultra negative stuff so expect

Skanter likes this.
  19. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I can't get my head round "I have to watch my p's and q's" what's the worst that can happen you get banned does that honestly really bother you have you got no other life, If i got banned for life for something i said it would rate lower than 0 on a scale of 0 to 10 so just blather away mate <ok>

farnboromackem likes this.
  20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Nobody has to watch their ps and qs fella. But when a homophobic, racist or other discriminatory term is used, people get pulled. **** **** bollocks **** etc etc etc

farnboromackem and rooch 3 like this.