1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Tickets?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Sep 24, 2020.

1. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I find myself in a bit of a dilemma. My Season Tickets have automatically renewed. I have to pay £98.63 for eight months from the 1st of October for eight months. For no football. It used to be £63.33 pm for ten months.

I'm not interested in streaming games. I gave them that goodwill at the end of last season and let them have over £100 of my season ticket money.

After the Govt announcement yesterday it looks like we won't be allowed back into the stadium until the end of March in which case we will only be able to attend four home matches!

Should we cancel our Season Tickets?

Shouldn't the club take that decision away from us by now?

2. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back, mate.

Yes, the club should be proactive and assist the ticket holders.

kiwiqpr and QPR999 like this.
  3. azzuriswan

azzuriswan Well-Known Member

Got to think of the poor badly paid footballers with short careers though...they will still play every week for the club!!

kiwiqpr likes this.
  4. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I was about to renew mine so that I could be included in the club's ballot system for games from October onwards

Sadly with the restrictions announced this week I've decided that it would effectively amount to an interest free loan to the club until next year, and have not renewed

Part of me feels bad doing so - I've got a lot of pleasure out of supporting the club over many years - but then the club is ultimately a business and I wouldn't ordinarily handover money for nothing in return

5. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

The club should be looking after you ST holders who are the lifeblood if the club.
    You shouldn’t have to do anything and if/when you are allowed back in then you should get in for nothing.

kiwiqpr, QPR999 and Didley Squat like this.
  6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Hello again Nines, nice to hear from you again. A friend of mine who is a Millwall season ticket holder said they're refunding by way of a pro-rata credit against 21/22 season tickets and also have opened a goodwill account for fans to donate to the club.

I'd guess now the decision to stop fans returning has been made the club will have to refund payments if you insist, especially as many may be financially stretched. You can cancel the DD at any time but often the refund would be made through the DD process. I'm sure if you contact the club directly you could cancel...

QPR999 likes this.
  7. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I think this latest decision not to open clubs has changed things a lot.

Last weekend I was happily fill in my "support bubble" details...with whom I was happy to sit next to in a restricted entry stadium...expecting a chance to see a match in the stadium in late October.
    That is not now on.

The club is not unreasonable but it takes a bit of time for all these sudden changes to be sorted out. Just go and ask them 999s. I'm sure you can now cancel
    There was an original option not to renew..and they would hold your same seat until next season.
    One of our "club" in the upper loft has done this, with the hope and expectation of just coming back next October...and picking up where they left off

I am in a different situation...I am old and renewed early...so it costs me much more to travel to the match than I actually pay to watch it. So I am happy ( as I can be by not seeing the supahoopsa) with the screening option.

And just to answer the response of the ?swans supporter...we are keeping the club afloat......if we do have to sell players just to keep the team going ...we would be the first shouting and complaining. We are probably using at least half of the Eze money to do that already....what if we soon have to sell Chair, BOS, Manning, Dykes all at knockdown prices just to keep the structure of the club afloat...with no one coming in to replace

I will do what I can...it may not be much I must admit

QPR999 likes this.
  8. StortfordQPR

The issue with this will be who will buy these players, even at a knock down rate? If we are struggling financially you can bet just about all other EFL clubs are, and many have cost structures that are more onerous than our own

I think the transfer market will see little more activity at the EFL level, unless it is frees and loans - clubs know that there is no guarantee that fans will be able to attend games in 6 months

There was an interesting piece on Chesterfield of the National League on BBC Breakfast this morning, and their league is due to start on Saturday - now without fans despite all the planning they have been doing (£36k just to clear the ground of pigeon crap :emoticon-0102-bigsm ). Match day income is critical for that league and this will put many teams on a knife edge

rangercol and QPR999 like this.
  9. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

This decision will depend on one's personal circumstances.

At my age, my season ticket costs me a bargain £343 and I am lucky enough to have a good pension. I live in Somerset and travelling to games costs me more than the ticket. Hence I enjoy having the live streams rather than a long journey up the M4/M5. It was an easy decision to renew, which I did last week.

However, my decision was not driven solely by economics and geography. Part of it was to support the club that I love. And I hope other supporters, to the best of their ability, will factor in the same emotional response when considering this issue. Sure, our owners are rich but if we don't make a modest contribution, why should they make a much, much larger one?

10. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

That one is easy Stortford...Forest , who have only 31 senior players and have just had another complete team overall..they have plenty of money and space for our players...as has Brentford and Villa too.

The pandemic is not affecting those teams apparently

QPR Oslo likes this.

11. StortfordQPR

I was really referring to EFL clubs (ie not Villa)

I'm not sure any of our players are likely to attract real interest from Premier League outfits, which leaves very very few clubs in the Championship who might be in the market. And with lots of other clubs potentially looking to sell players it would be a buyers market for sure

12. StortfordQPR

Good post Rodney

I would be happy to help the club if I was clearer about what the club would actually be doing with my money.

13. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

I’m keeping mine and my sons going. I know there’s a lot of money in football but I always think about the general staff more than the players. This time next year hopefully it will all be a thing of the past.

14. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Nines! Where have you been Mate?!

I, too, get the cheaper OAP rate so I've let it run.

It all boils down to individual circumstances, cash flow etc.

I'm fortunate to be able to afford my ST and I suppose the club could use my support too.

Trying times indeed.

QPR999 likes this.
  15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

During all this have any of the players taken a cut in wages
    Do they give any thoughts to the tea lady's or season ticket holders

16. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Hi mate, I decided to have a little break when football got suspended.

Rangers Til I Die likes this.
  17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Staines R's likes this.
  18. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Well that is something

I hope we who have paid still get the streams ...or a 90% refund

BUT What is this going to do to the club...staff (not the players) but the low paid staff

Staines R's likes this.
  19. StortfordQPR

I suspect that we will see limited further transfer activity inbound with much of the Eze money used for day to day costs

20. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Official email this morning:

Following consultation with the Supporters’ Consultation Committee and feedback from Season Ticket holders, the club can confirm its plans regarding 2020/21 Season Tickets and the availability of live streaming for first-team fixtures.

QPR CEO Lee Hoos said: “A lot of conversations have taken place around this complex matter and I am hugely appreciative to the supporters for their continued understanding around the challenges we are facing.

“We have worked hard to provide a solution which is fair but also allows us to utilise the very limited revenue streams currently available to the club.

“As a result, we are offering full refunds to all Season Ticket holders who request them and have extended the deadline for doing this to Friday 9th October.

“We will continue to offer a pro-rata credit to Season Ticket holders who cannot attend fixtures due to behind-closed-doors games or capacity-restricted fixtures.

“If and when supporters are able to return to matches this season, all 2020/21 Season Ticket holders will be prioritised in match ballots.

“However, due to the possibility of matches being played behind closed doors for longer than we first envisaged, it is now necessary to charge Season Ticket holders for the live streams moving forward.

“This costs £10 per fixture and we hope fans understand why we have had to adopt this approach.

“There is a lot of information here for fans to digest and I apologise for that, but I really do urge all affected supporters to take the time to read it fully. We are doing the best we can to try and make this as easy as possible to understand.”

Click HERE to read Season Ticket Update FAQs.

Full Details

All 2020/21 Season Ticket holders who have not requested a refund will continue to receive a credit for fixtures they are unable to attend due to matches being played behind closed doors.

Please note, if capacity-restricted/full crowds are permitted this season and a Season Ticket holder does not attend these games despite having the option to do so, they will not receive a refund for those matches.

Live Streaming

2020/21 Season Ticket holders will receive access to live streaming of all home and mid-week away fixtures with their existing QPR+ voucher. However, this access will be chargeable at £10 per fixture and be deducted for the remaining 28 (28 x £10) fixtures available from their balance or credit at the end of the season.

This remaining balance can be redeemed in the following ways:

- A credit can be applied to the cost of your 2021/22 Season Ticket

- A refund can be requested by bank transfer (this will be processed at the end of the season)

- As has been requested by a number of Season Tickets holders, you can donate your remaining balance to the club. The club is hugely appreciative to Season Ticket holders who have already told us they don’t want a refund, but we understand not all supporters are in a position to do this.

Season Ticket holders will not be charged for our previous live streams against Nottingham Forest and Middlesbrough.

Season Ticket holders whose price category is less than £280 (the value of 28 live streams) will only be able to access live streams up to the value of their Season Ticket (eg £225 = 22 live streams plus £5 in credit).

Direct Debits

Direct Debit payments will begin on 2nd November with the payment plan reducing to seven months and concluding in May.

Supporters on the Direct Debit scheme will continue to receive access to live streaming via their voucher and will also be given ballot priority for the current season.

Access to live streaming will be chargeable at £10 per fixture and be deducted at the end of the season, with a credit for the balance applied to your ticketing account which can be used towards the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

The deadline for claiming a refund on your Season Ticket has been extended. Season Ticket holders can claim a refund by contacting the Box Office by 5pm on Friday 9th October.

Supporters can do this by emailing [email protected] or calling 0208 740 2613 during normal office hours.

Fans who cancel their Season Ticket will no longer gain access to QPR+ through their voucher and will be required to purchase a match pass for fixtures they wish to stream. These can be purchased on a match-by-match basis HERE.

Supporters who purchased a Season Ticket in 2019/20 will continue to retain their seat for the 2021/22 campaign even if they do not renew their Season Ticket for the current season.

Social Bubbles

Season Ticket holders who submitted their social bubble applications will only be required to retain one Season Ticket from their application to maintain their social bubble.

When supporters are able to return, Season Ticket holders will have the opportunity to purchase their Season Ticket at a pro-rata price in order to attend fixtures.

Hoos added: “Once again, I want to thank all the QPR fans for their incredible support and understanding as we work hard to come through this unprecedented time together.”