1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Semi Final Ticket avaialabilty

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by South-West-Potter, Mar 18, 2011.

1. South-West-Potter

South-West-Potter New Member

Hey everyone, i dont post on here much, in fact not at all really, but i have been reading through all of the coments and debates that have been going on over the past few weeks/months. The main purpose of this post is to adress a growing concern of mine over the ticket availabilty for the cup semi final game against Bolton. I've just looked through the details that theyve posted on the site and it seems very unfair in the way they have arranged it, with the ridiculous priority system they have put in place. I live in deep Devon and find it hard to get to games, maybe only once or twice a year, but am intent on going to the semi final with my dad who never gets to go because of work etc. In the current system they have in place unless you are a platinum member then you can only buy one ticket each, how is that fair, i mean what if you want to go with other people? you would be unlikely to get seats right next to each other its pathetic, anyone agree, anyway UTP and KTF, lets beat the toon on Sat

2. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

I thought that too, fortunately I have a Platinum membership, but a group of 3 of us want to go, and I can only get 2 tickets. So I'll either end up with one disappointed mate who either won't be able go, or be no where near us, or we could all gamble on being able to get em on general sale.

3. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

The old man got the tickets this morning. He sent me this text this morning:

People have been queuing at ground since before midnight last night. I queued for about 5 minutes. We're going to Wembley!!! It was £222.60. £22.60 worth of charges on top!! For four tickets.

4. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Had to queue for FOUR~ hours too get mine lads. But, well worth it.
    WEMBLEY HERE WE COME. <ok>

Really sorry for the ture Stokie's who have to travel though. HOPE you all get sorted lads.

5. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Inverness Stokie said he's getting his next week I think. Hope he gets them.

6. Inverness Stokie

Wouldn't worry fella, i'll get my ticket and shall be up at 8am on the Monday they go on sale to those with a silver membership.
    I've had a look at the stadium viewer on the Wembley website and most if not all views look decent as expected with the money being paid. I really am not bothered where they decide to put me but one thing is for sure........

We're The Famous Stoke City And We're Going To Wemberley.

:)

7. Same here Inverness, I am having to wait until Monday as my young lad is Silver. Suspect it is going to be a bun fight, as a lot of families/folks will want to sit together which is reasonable! Doing my head in, as I could have got two tickets on Sat if it had just been myself and the missus going. Think SCFC have done well with the allocation roll out but I don't think they have fully thought it through in terms of folks with younger children.

Potts nice one in getting your tickets, I have actually touched a mates ticket (ooeerrr missus ;-)), just hope I can get three on Monday. Don't care where I sit as long as I am there. As always, I need to keep the faith I know! UTP!!!

8. Pottermouth 328

Oatcakes
    Yeah, chuffed too bits but, it was quite a wait. FAIR enough system running yesteday in my oppinion anyway.
    Arrived at 7.50 a.m. My waiting ticket was 000931
    Asked for the first 100 tickets holders and afterwhich they decided to call them in blocks of 50 tickets.
    A guy told me that they had "Sold Out" the £60.00 seats so, I was left with very few limited choices of seat if I'm honest. I could not believe HOW MANY fans I saw with at least 40/50 season tickets. ONE guy had a sainsburys bag full of them. NO WONDER all the better seats had gone by the time I got mine.

I've got BLOCK 116 Row 42 Seat's 148/149 they seem O.K. but would have preferred to be either towards the middle or behind the East End of the goal, not to be. I've looked at a " Detailed seating plan" of Wembley and if you have to buy the £30.00 seats they are way back but, at least you will be there guys.

My mate who was only 50 tickets, some half an hour behind me has had to sit half way line and way back but like all of us, he's happy just to get a ticket 3 acutally.

Inverness and the rest a tip.
    I was told when I looked at the Stadium that, there a quite a few "one off " seats to sell. That's a bummer if you want to sit by family/friend etc. HERE'S hoping we ALL at least get there.

Also booked coach travel at the same time. Cost £25.00 so Pott's is one happy Stokie right now.
    I was also intervied on Radio stoke, just before I went to get my ticket. ANYONE here me lads? <laugh>

GOOD LUCK YOU ALL deserve to get a Wembley seat.

9. Pottermouth 328

Sgt
    Just asking mate but seem as you got yours on-line Where are you sitting? Mine are bottem right corner as you look at the Stadium plan. Just watched the highlights of the England game and they seem pretty much as I expected, a decent view and not too far back from the pitchside and corner flag. <ok>

10. Inverness Stokie

Maybe I can get a seat near a few friends then, if not then it won't bother me as long as I get my ticket and manage to watch Stoke City at Wembley in the biggest match i'll have seen us in my lifetime as a Stoke supporter. I've heard there are quite a few pubs around the Wembley area and that the Little Green Man pub and hotel will let you park your car in there for £20, I think that might be where a few Stokies will be drinking as we will have pubs allocated to us.

I had a look at the match programmes, you can actually buy it and have it delivered to save it getting creased in your pocket, as for me although it's a £6.00 programme i'll definately be getting one. If we get to the final maybe not though as they double in price to £12.00 which is fairly disgusting in my opinion but the FA will make money out of anything that they can.

Good luck to everyone getting a ticket.
    :)

11. Well passtheoatcakes, I am in France Monday so will log on 8am on Monday to get any ticket going. Perhaps we might meet up with Potts on the day. Remember it is my round for you and Nathan.

12. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

You seem to have been ripped off on the additional charges.I got my ticket for man city v scumbags and paid £50 with no additional charges
    We could get up to 6 tickets each ( with one per season ticket) plus we could get a junior season ticket at the same time which wouldn't normally be possible with the usual loyalty points criteria
    There's going to be an awful lot of fans staying over in London,everyone I know who's going is going for the weekend

13. Pottermouth 328

Paul
    Yeah, those who purchased via the internet were IMHO anyway. THAT is exactly why I was at the Stadium yesterday to buy mine in person. This surcharge is the ONLY thing that Stoke have done wrongly!

WHY because all the info that comes with youre ticket is actually printed/sold on behalf of the F.A. and Wembley?
    Also found out that, you can't even take a "Flask of coffee" into the Stadium. F.F.Sake
    WHY? Oh yeah because "They" think that someone will most likely throw it as someone.

This world is going ******* mad. I can understand coke cans etc but a FLASK of COFFEE?
    Still reading through the do's and dont's of Wembley's ******* rules and regulations.

GIVE us a ******* Break please. I'm 58 not a ******* mindless ******* idiot.

Sorry for the foul and abusive language too! But, it's wound me up no end. MY mate is a Diabetic, wonder if we can take his needles and a bottle of water in? In a word NO you can't.

Inverness hope you get sorted with a ticket mate! <ok>

14. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

My Dad got the tickets from the stadium yesterday. I'll be sitting somewhere above the E and M according to my brother

please log in to view this image

15. Conroylegend

Conroylegend Member

Hi Inverness

You can buy the programme on E BAY cost me 5.50 and 1.50 postage from LTfootball programmes on e bay pre ordered before the game.

16. Sandor Clegane

Sandor Clegane 'The Hound'
    Forum Moderator

I bet they no one is gonna ruin the day out by throwing flasks about (Or want to be rid of a decent flask for that matter. . .) . They just want you to pass over a bit more money for their (probably awful and over-priced) coffee.

17. Yeah I've got this picture in my mind of us elder(ish) statesmen trying to launch our beloved flasks delapidator style from the very top of Wembley and trying to hit a player, we really are old school thugs eh? <laugh><laugh>

Prior to this of course, the good old FA, (having got us all to burn copious amounts of fossil fuel to get to the game - to hell with the ozone layer) will fleece us all big time when we finally get into their over priced establishment!

Think I will just wear a ***** board around my neck with 'MUG-TAKE MY CASH' written on it in big letters.

Hi Cris, sorry have not responded to your latest e-mail by the way, your place in France looks fantastic you lucky boy, will be in touch soon!

Good luck to all and KTF, looking forward to seeing Rory launch his missiles and joining in with the loudest 'Delilah' ever. Come on you mighty, MIGHTY, POTTERS!!!!

18. Waddos_legends

Waddos_legends Active Member

Didn't fancy queuing up boys as being self employed makes it difficult (work commitments etc.) So I bought mine here -
    http://www2.seetickets.com/stokecity/ I was told that there were only £30 seats left but I think this website has a different allocation to what Stoke have so i got two £50 seats for me and the daughter as we are both Gold members.
    I actually think the allocation has been really unfair as my lad has been to loads of Stoke games this season but not a season ticket holder due to work etc. He has all his FA Cup stubs and so is hoping to get one come April 8th. What is unfair though that Platinum plus members can buy 2 tickets and snap them up for people that have probably not been to a game all season (family friend or uncle Tom Cobbley).
    If we win and get to the Final we get even less tickets and so genuine fans won't get a look in!
    I'd be pretty pissed off if I could not get a Final ticket!

19. Inverness Stokie

May as well eat watered down mud to be honest PP.
    I've been told you cannot buy chips on their own at Wembley and can cost anything up to £9.00 for a two piece meal, may as well go to KFC and get a bargain bucket, sounds much more appealing when attempting to get your moneys worth.

20. potterpalm

potterpalm Member

Its heavy hitting down there fellas !!!!
    but it seems that is the price of success ..
    I got mine online ...............
    Bring on Bolton ... We can do it !

Imagine Stoke City Football Club in a FA CUP FINAL
    AMAZING
    Who in there wildest dreams
    COME ONNNNN STOKE !

<nahnah>
    Do it for us