1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Sepp Blatter

Discussion in 'Scottish Premiership' started by Zico, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Zico

Zico Active Member

Discuss

2. Man with the stick

Zico hows tricks?

With Blatter where do you start.

What is happening now is nothing new lets face it the phrase "Blatter and his cronies" has been doing the rounds for as long as I can remember and the phrase was always associated with corupt dealings etc.
    IMO Blatter has been the head of an organisation that is rotten to the core and has been content to at best turn a blind eye.
    The make up of the FIFA executive with the power they yield has always been the major issue and route to corruption.

3. Zico

Zico Active Member

How do mate.

I couldn't agree more, well put.

4. EDGE

EDGE Guest

Alright Zico, promise I wont swear at cha <gay>

I though you'd be on JA606 or Noo606?

God, I'm beelin like f***!!

5. Otto Flayshow

Otto Flayshow Well-Known Member

Lovely, misunderstood man.

6. Zico

Zico Active Member

Awright lads.

Blatter has done nowt to improve the game.
    Where's goal line technology?
    Where's video assistance for refs?

7. Man with the stick

Blatter does not care about the game.
    All he cares about is making sure he carries enough favour with the large number of member organisations from developing coutries that elect him time and time again.
    Any organisation that awards a WC to Quatar cannot be trusted to be acting in the best interests of the game.

8. EDGE

EDGE Guest

You really have to ask WHY are they so against goal line technology?

What's the big deal?

9. Man with the stick

Think its down to finance mate as they would need to have consistancy.
    Dont think they could allow it at Wembley, Hampden wherever but not for arguments sake in Estonia or any other countrys where the associations couldnt fund it.
    Could you imagine the outrage if England were awarded a goal due to this technology being avaialble and in another game in the same group another team being denied a goal at a ground where it wasnt in place.

No reason nwhy they cant bring it in for tournament finals though and in leagues where it could be afforded such as the EPL.

10. EDGE

EDGE Guest

If a National association can afford it then they should be allowed to use it.

I'd always imagined it that the TV companies who televise the games would be footing the bill and sponsors would fund it?

11. Hector

Hector Member

Blatter is elected by member associations, who in turn are headed up by insignificent wee men like Stewart Regan, Jim Farry, Ernie Walker

How can anyone critise Blatter when we allow gimps like these to run OUR game?

12. Man with the stick

You wouldnt have concistancy then.
    It would only work if all grounds being used in the same competition had it in place.
    Having said that it could be used tommorrow in the domestic leagues where most is at stake, CL and all tournament finals so for FIFA to hold up the whole thing because it wont be avaialble when Congo next play The Ivory Coast is not a slow improvments to the game.
    Im sure goal nets were used in some countries before others.

13. EDGE

EDGE Guest

That's what I mean Sticky. <ok>

14. Zico

Zico Active Member

I'm sure when floodlights were first proposed, the majority of the clubs baulked at the expense, nowadays they are commonplace all over the World.

Why is football still stuck in the 20th Century ?

They tested footballs that contained a microchip is the Japanese League for a full season, the players couldn't tell the difference between them and `normal' footballs.

And as for criticising referees, the pundits get to view the reply five or six times and STILL CAN'T make their minds up.

Footballs rulers are a joke.

15. Zico

Zico Active Member

I'm sure when floodlights were first proposed, the majority of the clubs baulked at the expense, nowadays they are commonplace all over the World.

Why is football still stuck in the 20th Century ?

They tested footballs that contained a microchip is the Japanese League for a full season, the players couldn't tell the difference between them and `normal' footballs.

And as for criticising referees, the pundits get to view the reply five or six times and STILL CAN'T make their minds up.

Footballs rulers are a joke.<steam><steam><steam>

16. west coast don

west coast don New Member

With all the stuff Blatter has done/is accused of doing, this is what you're choosing to attack him with? Him keeping video replays out of the game is one of the few worthwhile things he's done is his 11 years in charge.