1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeatonMackem

HeatonMackem Well-Known Member

Like that very long Facebook post? Surely Smug would have known that was BS.

2. Jerry lee

Jerry lee Well-Known Member

If your on about a Sun article it's been pulled & SD taking legal action

Montysoptician and Gil T Azell like this.
  3. BlooPop

BlooPop Member

So is it the rumour about the loan and parachute payment monies?

4. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

You know mate, if it transpires as I suspect that Stu has indeed simply been doing his best for the club, then some folk need a slap, as they could have killed it.

If, which I doubt, it transpires he is indeed the wicked ****ing which of Monkwearmouth, then he will have nowhere to hide.

I strongly believe it’s the former.

5. sheepman

sheepman Well-Known Member

Personally think there is a massive agenda from somewhere to discredit him
    Too many negative rumours about everything he does.
    SUN joining in hook line and sinker then pulling stories for legal reasons

Course I may be wrong and SD may be a complete wrong-un

janey, Glencoe, OldNewtown and 4 others like this.
  6. Jerry lee

Jerry lee Well-Known Member

More like The sun is wrang I'm surprised they even get the date right

sheepman and Ned Doig like this.
  7. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

What if the Americans are the shady as **** ones? What if they are discrediting him to weaken his position?

I’m taking the piss here, but would explain the leaks wouldn’t it?

Its as believable as the rest of the ****e that’s being spouted.

sheepman, Ned Doig and Gil T Azell like this.
  8. Ned Doig

Ned Doig Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't the Facebook / WhatsApp post that's been doing the rounds.

Id describe it as a collection of various rumours that have already appeared in the usual places.

I know one of the points in it is not true. The others have appeared in various threads today, some earlier this week so maybe someone is trying to join dots up.

That's my final take on it.

Montysoptician, Dorset and Nads like this.
  9. The Berk

The Berk Well-Known Member

If it’s the text message doing the rounds it’s the total opposite of the 24-48 hour post earlier today. And I personally think it’s made up crap to stir the ****. I haven’t seen it but Ainsworth and Parkinson offered 6 month and turned it down till Parkinson took the deal he is on. And other ****e about the deal being off.

Ned Doig likes this.
  10. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

This is where I disagree. Nobody knows more about the detail than the people trying to invest, and believe me, they will question Donald and his activities in far more stark terms than anyone. There is no hiding from the situation, it's just fact. They know where money is and what has gone in and out for the last 18 months and beyond.

What I would say - and this has been my point from the start on this matter - is that Donald objectively, factually, owes the club more than £20m, or did so with the last known information. There is zero doubt that this will have a bearing on the investment, as anyone coming in will want assurances about when that money (and any other cash outstanding) is coming back. He will be losing control of the schedule of repayments at bare minimum. At worst (for him) they could demand it is repaid immediately.

The most important part is that he has done nothing wrong legally, but there is a huge financial issue there that in some way will need to be addressed. The fans writing stream of conscious interpretation stuff on Facebook don't have any bearing on whether anyone would invest, in fact fan pressure on Donald is likely what the Americans want in order to tighten the screws on him.

BumbleBee and Dorset like this.

11. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Miners strike...

Hillsborough...

Phone hacking

Ben Stokes mum

The dirty diggers rag is not even worth using as an arse wipe..

Invents stories, absolutely no fact checking... not fit to describe themselves as journalists..

Just my opinion like

janey, SunderSi, halfman and 4 others like this.
  12. Kittenmittons

Yeah I agree with the join the dots stuff. The reason I'm confident in what I'm saying is pretty simple - I've spent way more time than anyone that I'm aware of except perhaps GOM looking through the facts. Not the guesses, not the rumours, the facts.

I don't like it when some div chimes in with broad strokes like 'he is stealing' or whatever. He isn't, whether people agree with what he us doing or not. It undermines the genuine issue when people try to paraphrase without knowing the facts and researching properly.

13. kingkeane

kingkeane Well-Known Member

I have read it and i am very skeptical of it all . very long winded and all negative.

Ned Doig likes this.
  14. HeatonMackem

If SD was skint and doing this on the cheap, why would he spend £3m + wages on Grigg?
    If the deal was off or not going well, why would SD bother making the Sun pull their article?
    What other picture might the joined-up dots make? I'm not seeing anything else.

wilberforce and Nads like this.
  15. Dr Manhattan

Dr Manhattan Member

Where did you see it?

16. Kittenmittons

People are constantly joining dots. You just did it there with the sun thing. I could say that he knows if the deal is ****ed and he doesn't get the sun to take it down, they'll assume it was right. If it was wrong, he would have every incentive to take it down whatever happens.

I haven't seen the latest text, I don't know what it actually says, but most of these rumours are pretty broad strikes efforts that join 2-3 rumours together.

17. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

If they're coming in, whether they're buying in now, loaning with a view to owning later or whatever, I just hope it's done soon. The amount of arguing, bitching, rumour mongering, libelous posting etc that it has led to is frankly ridiculous. Some now questioning whether Donald is the devil incarnate, bit of "good" rumour followed up by "oh no, kick in the balls" rumour. We've had well over a month of this and it's getting ****ing draining.

I'm not blaming those who are posting rumours, as long as done in good faith, but **** me I want this **** officially done with one way or the other so we can get on with just supporting the ****ing club without acting like we're in some sort of ****e, drawn out series of 24.

Rant over!

Dorset, Chunksafc, DH4 and 8 others like this.
  18. kingkeane

kingkeane Well-Known Member

pm from smug

19. Build Back Better

Build Back Better Active Member

The whole conversation has exploded and seems to be going nowhere nice. Personal vitriol etc and supposition.

you dont register an interest at companies house on a whim and personally I have no idea how long this type of thing takes. When it doesnt happen in the time frame people expect then the rumours and accusations fly.

what I do know is that SAFC not getting out of this crappy division last year and losing to Charlton has had a monumentally bad effect on the club and its fans.

Guinness Guzzler likes this.
  20. HeatonMackem

Plus I'll be able to get some bloody work done!!

Guinness Guzzler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.