1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

I dont know why people are nit picking and trying to analyse how much money the new investors are going to put into the club. After the last few years of being skint lets all just embrace the fact that we're potentially going to be very very rich and our future looks a lot brighter now than it ever has.
    We have far too many fans that have a Glass half empty outlook when it comes to Sunderland.

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Thing is, when it comes to Sunderland and a football front, my glass is three quarters full!! Because of Ellis Short’s ownership, when rich people come to invest in the club, I have to look at it with the glass half empty with hope that I’m wrong! I can’t get excited about rich investors as we’ve had one and he screwed us over in the end. They might come in just to make money and we may end up like New Adele with owners who won’t invest their own money? Or we might end up with them being like Man City. More likely is somewhere in between which will be good enough. Just, as I say, Ellis beat the positivity about owners out of me

Nads likes this.
  3. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Let’s add this, as I’m not sure anyone has.

I’m delighted that Stu and Charlie are to remain involved.

It’s one thing being financially secure and able to press on, it’s another having 2 lads who’ve worked their bollocks off, despite being stupidly criticised by segments and have got the club to this point.

They made us viable, sustainable, and when people complain about them not being super rich, let’s not overlook the fact that JR has a huge budget, and they broke the bank to sign Grigg, a signing that hasn’t worked out yet but if it had would have sealed promotion last season without question.

They understand the club and have been thick skinned enough to stick with it through the twitter ****ers who likely never go to the SOL, it’s an absolute bonus to keep these 2 involved in the club.

4. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Whether they invest or not which im pretty sure they will, we need to now realise we are now very wealthy and debt free.
    Rewind 2 years ago we were 100m in debt.
    We need to look at how much of a big financial boost this is for our club!

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Spot on bro.

Whether they chuck in a billion or take a slow and steady approach, the future of the club is rosey, it’s secure. That’s golden in itself.

Us and Maybe Peterborough and Pompey are the only clubs that can say that with certainty at our level.

The size of our club means nothing, it’s actually a heavy weight in a lower league, this stability means our kids and grandkids will see football at the SOL and that alone is a thing right now.

6. gelders pie

gelders pie Well-Known Member

...... and then give halftime blowjobs.

Bexinio, Teessidemackem and Nacho like this.
  7. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

100% this! There are some disrespectful bell ends on social media who have zero gratitude for what the current owners have done to save our club. We could so easily have been another Bury or Bolton, but for the astute way in which Stuart Donald and Charlie Methven have gone about their business. I for one hope that Stuart remains as Chairman and Charlie as our PR man, because the two of them clearly know how to run a football club successfully

8. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

At the game today...

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    smithy in nl and Dorset like this.
  9. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

That's them

10. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

11. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I have never ever been a half empty fan just f ucking empty full stop<ok>

12. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Nice that we put on a bit of a show for them, very timely.

Nads and JammySAFC like this.
  13. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

It's absolutely baffling mate.

There's no way this can be anything but good for us all ...

... if these people had bought Newcastle we'd be absolutely spewing.

14. Bexinio

Bexinio Well-Known Member

Like Ashley would sell, I love Mike Ashley, ****s the mags and cheap sports gear lol

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  15. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

It’s looking more and more like this is gona happen and if so wow! can’t wait for the ride it’s gona take a massive change of playing staff and the managers heads far from safe.

16. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

I disagree Smithy....Jack Ross is a good fit for us at present, he's quite capable of getting us up this season with the new additions to the squad.
    yes we will need better players when we reach the Championship and I'm sure the players are fully aware of that.
    I'd like to see how JR would cope with a better quality squad at his disposal, he's a proper football man and I don't think he'd be out of his depth next season in a higher division.
    like Alex Ferguson who took some years before he reached his pinnacle and became a success I think this club needs a stable manager at the helm and at present Jack's the man for me.

17. Sunderpitt

Sunderpitt Well-Known Member

Ahh the happy Clapper versus the we are ****e/doomed brigade topic.

My two penneth worth... if this deal happens I doubt that we will be the next Chitty... more like a better Short (although he was imho not all bad).

18. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

I like Ross mate and hope he silences his critics asap. But will the new men “if they come in “ like him and think he’s the man?

cumbrianmackem likes this.
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think they would if Donald stays on to run the club as I imagine he would advise to stick with Ross.

20. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I’d suggest Jack has already done this by changing tac last 2-3 games.

All we wanted was to see he had a bit of bollocks about him and would change up, and he has.

Yesterday we weren’t perfect, but it was ****ing enjoyable to watch, and I credit JR for that after the first 2 games when we were flat as a fart.

Jack is alright, the club is massive for him, he likely got it sooner than he could ever have imagined, but he’s not a shirker and I like that. He’ll be around a while I think.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.