1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Well-Known Member

I'm Hawyatt Earp on RTG and I think Donald has consistently made bad decisions on the footballing side and has shown significant naivety in how to run a club this size. He's appointed his buddies in senior roles and his business partner on the board and all in, those areas his friends are in charge of, have seen significant decline.

I have strong opinions on Methven too but should they have rescued this deal with our (eventual) new owners, I'll be the first to congratulate them

2. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

I'm Blond Bombshell on here and have a three month ban over there as I started a thread "All mods are saddos" just after a month ban for telling hkp to fcuk off.

Ellis Short is a top bloke.

3. Ginnanson

Ginnanson Active Member

Don’t have an RTG login, I like SD and Methven, I think they have made mistakes, however that’s what happens when you rule with your heart over your head.

I also like short, he pumped a hell of a lot of money into the club looking for the fix.

4. Chunksafc

Chunksafc Guest

I'm Chunksafc on both sites.

I think Short had good intentions and was badly let down by people he employed

I think SD and CM have learnt an awful lot about how different our club is to what they are used to at Oxford and Eastleigh. They have done some good things and some bad things, but if at then end of it they have managed to get 3 major investors on board then I wont be complaining to much

5. Septem

Septem Active Member

I copped a 6 monther. I won't be going back.

6. I'm sad-eyed prophet and on RTG I'm sad-eyed prophet.

I too think the scouting system,recruitment and the Academy has been sadly neglected,for which the management must take responsibility.
    Everyone at the club must realise that first and foremost we are a football club, and whilst external activities are important and need to be maximised, nothing is more important than performance on the field of play......nothing!

I'm pretty sure these Americans will want to be the best and therefore I am hoping that their involvement when it happens will quickly result in the establishment of some best in class excellence in every department of our club.......with the football coming first!

7. Blond Bombshell

Blond Bombshell Well-Known Member

You hero. Without going into too much detail, what for? Can understand if it's too hard to put into words...

8. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

I was you know for 13 years, loud sex blah blah but deleted my account on the rtg. I’m now cat with a hat

I’m was sick of constantly arguing over the road, I just want to talk football, bets, food and anything without the need for point scoring etc etc etc

and going over and over again about a point of view

9. Septem

Septem Active Member

Don't know what exactly it was tbh. Don't know how to find out. I was giving someone grief who was created a thread to slyly have a go at one poster. And generally got sick of people slagging club off for any daft little thing. Not really bothered about finding out. Asked one of mods to delete my account but don't know if they have.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  10. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

"The disdain some hold him in just for hiring a woman as CEO is bewildering."

TBH mate, I haven't seen anyone, ever, anywhere say that.

I hold her in disdain for her actions but certainly not because she's a woman ....

... Moyes isn't a woman and I think less of him than almost anyone in football.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019

11. Ned Doig

Ned Doig Well-Known Member

Be deserved IMHO.

12. Septem

Septem Active Member

Without a doubt.

Blond Bombshell likes this.
  13. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

It's got sweet fa to do about her been a woman. It's her handing out contracts to players worth hundreds of thousands per year over a long period, handling of the AJ situation etc. Short also appointed jokers like de fanti etc. Name me one appointment he got right (manager, ceo , DoF...) during his time? Aside from BSA.

Yeah, he wrote off the debt. I'm grateful for that. But his decisions during his ownership were awful, and ultimately we're in league 1 because of what happened while he was owner.

14. Ferryhill Exile

Ferryhill Exile Well-Known Member

She was/is an utter disgrace. Totally inexperienced for the role.

jetjockey233 and BigPete like this.
  15. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Good lad carty, but I dont remember meeting you, as you alluded to earlier. Then again, the memory can go as well as the hair

SAFCY likes this.
  16. Boldon boy

Boldon boy Active Member

I'm also banned for 2 months

17. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Hazey doo at the Sol. We shook hands similar to Reagan and Gorbachev

18. Hedley_safc

Hedley_safc Member

I was there last night, his exact words were it's not done just yet but imminent. He spoke very well last night and I left alot more confident then I arrived

19. Ferryhill Exile

Ferryhill Exile Well-Known Member

Spill the beans then please...

The Redbaron, BigPete and Magnus like this.
  20. BigPete

BigPete Well-Known Member

Exactly was nothing to do with her being a woman was to do with her being absolutely ****e at the job.

Moyes could be a man/woman/tranny/whateverthefuckitisnow and i'd still hate him the same either way.

Owld Feller and Smug in Boots like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.