1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Serious takeover talk

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Aug 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

Any political crack and its "Nissan is closing " and "the NHS is to be privatised."

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. old lads fan

old lads fan Well-Known Member

I tried to reply to your message but couldn't find a reply tag.
    I originally was going to move to Murcia when I was planning to move here. My daughter spent a day looking around Mazarron for me and I was planning visiting the place myself the next time i was in Spain. Then I was looking at the weather patterns and it looks as though it gets really hot in the summer which wouldn't suit me. I'm right on the coast near Estepona and the weather is much milder which is perfect for me.

3. Best uncapped Keeper

Best uncapped Keeper Well-Known Member

The Tories are already well down the road to privatising the NHS with a hefty proportion of the funding being syphoned off in profits for private providers rather than into patient care

4. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

No disrespect but I don't really buy an rumours about the NHS,too many scare stories

Makemstine Roger and Sin Semilla like this.
  5. Wor Giacchi

Wor Giacchi Well-Known Member

The thing is with 'Nissan will move' is that it won't, it'll just kill off Sunderland over time.. the current models made there will continue to be until they are replaced.. and the replacements will be made elsewhere.

People take 'Nissan moving' literally and expect to see doors closing straight away... when that doesn't happen people will say Brexit never hurt. The reality is though that it will be a gradual decline - and the same goes for a lot of other business too.

It's very sad, I've conceded that there'll be some form of Brexit now but pretty disappointed. I just hope we can keep the UK together.

6. Best uncapped Keeper

Best uncapped Keeper Well-Known Member

Not rumours I worked in the NHS for 41 years!!!

7. wtdog

wtdog Well-Known Member

I worked at Nissan for 18 years and dont know the intricate details.

8. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

Aye, with a little push from Brussels!

9. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

And what gain would Brussels achieve by Sunderland shipyards closing down? What power would they have to influence a British government to close shipyards in North Eastern England? Genuine questions.

10. Sheep Farmer

Sheep Farmer Well-Known Member

Improved the competitiveness of other European yards.

11. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

Thatcher plain and simple.

I speak from having a grandad, dad who worked from the 1930s onwards until the Tories did their worst.

I’m not having any rewriting of history

Wor Giacchi likes this.
  12. Wor Giacchi

Same with my family.. I was once in a pub down south with my Dad when a young 'Tory Boy' of the Harry Enfield and Gove type came and chatted to us - after a while he mentioned how amazing Thatcher was. I think my Dad got his point of view across clearly.

SAFCY likes this.
  13. Son of Baxter

Son of Baxter Well-Known Member

My father worked down the pit all of his working life and thankfully he did not allow me to start an apprenticeship down the pit and therefore went in the shipyards instead. When the pits closed down. My father thought it was the best thing to happen. He also said Scargill and the unions were just as much to blame as Thatcher. Personally similar with the shipyards with all the strikes in the yards. We just did not compete with the rest of the world. That was the reality. Just my opinion and my fathers. for what it's worth. Having worked in shipping for 40 years.

14. SAFCY

SAFCY Guest

The Tories always have enemies, strikes brought down a Tory government, the revenge came with thatcher in 79

it’s continued to this day with the Tories, divide and rule. Eg being thatchers “enemies within”. Also with her chancellor Nigel Lawson saying “unemployment is a price well worth paying”

I respect your opinion but that’s mine and I’ll never be swayed

look at Britain now. Completely divided and a Tory utopia if they get a majority.

Robertson likes this.
  15. turnthetide3

turnthetide3 Active Member

Hmm, to me, the current social issues are akin to the catastrophe that was going to befall us with the millennium clock (causing a nuclear meltdown). Brexit is no different - in 20 years time there'll be another meltdown trying to deal with global warning. However, the success of the lads will still be the focus of a MLF.

16. Wor Giacchi

Having seen how some unions work I'm not surprised, I've seen pickets at Wilton and strikes from the best paid people on a construction site where rates were top end. Someone on a megaphone calling everyone 'brothers' and encouraging them to strike.. it was cringeworthy.. they should try being a sub contractor.

17. T_Bone

T_Bone Well-Known Member

What has happened to this thread ? Get it back on topic.
    For what it’s worth I don’t discuss politics on forums and nobody else should. Vote for whoever you think benefits your family and be done with it.

18. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

my old man who was also a miner, blamed Scargill too.

19. FulwellBri

FulwellBri Well-Known Member

B
    I bet you just love last night of the proms.

20. DH4

DH4 Well-Known Member

So the British government improved the competitiveness of other European shipyards by closing down their own, how altruistic of them thinking of other countries before their own Sunderland shipyards. I will ask again, what benefit would the British government achieve by indirectly improving other European shipyards competitiveness?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.