1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Shankland

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Zenfootball2, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Zenfootball2

Zenfootball2 Active Member

we were rumoured to be trying to sign him Ayr United wanted £250K ,career appearances 160 goals 60
    this season 9 games 12 goals,who knows what price he will go for at the end of the season
    a consistent goal scorer who seems to be in the right place at the right time a proven goal machine.
    how badly we need him , we cant undo what is now history but it is galling.
    we have spent £600K this year on players last year we had a million in reserves and made a profit of over £400K that does not count the money we have made from sales i know they will be incremental and i dont advocate throwing money at players but £250K !!

Matster likes this.
  2. greenhousmeadowman

greenhousmeadowman Well-Known Member

It has never been confirmed that we were interested but , if we are, we should get him in on loan before Thursday and make it permanent in January. Surely it is worth a punt on a player like him especially with the Woods transfer money soon coming in. It may not pay off but ,if it did, then we would have a goalscorer in the team and later would be able to make a tidy profit. We have not seen much of Angol or Hollaway yet but the suspicion is that these are bargain basement signings and we have a squad in a very difficult league that is currently without a player who is a consistent scorer in any league - surely that cannot be right.

3. Zenfootball2

unfortunately in a newspaper and radio interview Askey is looking for a right back on loan.even if the rumour( they were strong and persistent) was not true he is the kind of forward we should have brought in.

4. Zenfootball2

bearing in mind our inability to score goals last season. to be fair our forwards may be hidden diamonds who just need the right coaching and manager to flourish but last season Holloway 21 appearances 1 goal , lee angol 29 appearances 9 goals, so a total of 50 appearances and 10 goals .whilst i appreciate lewis has mainly come on as a sub 35 appearances 3 goals, shankland 33 appearances 29 goals.in the context of a calculated risk which is the better bet

5. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Defense looks weaker this season so I can see the logic of bringing in someone defensive. However shankland would give us firepower to win games.