1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sharp Shooters v Top Dogs Chairboys v Grecians 14th Oct

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Not a bore draw captain the beast wasn't in the mode he could have had three or four on another day how was your draw point gained I think

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2 points lost for us Guywanderer. My summary is over on the Plymouth board so not going to repeat the disappointment here.

3. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Although I would have been happy with a point before kick off we should have taken all three totally dominated the last 20 minutes the ref was a bit over zealous any coming together he would blow his whistle toss a coin and give a free kick to the team in high viz why do teams where their change kit when there is no colour clash and why high viz it clashes with the stewards or maybe they have a job to do on a building site later and saves getting changed

Ron likes this.
  4. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

What an entertaining game and in front of our biggest home crowd for a while.
    First half Exeter showed why they are title challengers and we looked unable to cope with their midfield at times. All said I only recall one save from Brown, which he parried away fairly comfortably. The other was from a freekick which clipped the crossbar.
    Second half was a fairly even affair until the last 20 / 30 minutes where we started to dominate. As mentioned before, the Beast made it look harder to miss than score and could have had two or three on a different day. Shame that Stewarts goal didn't stand as he hit it so cleanly - would have been a corker.
    It's one of the few times I have come away from a 0-0 with a positive feeling. It was a thoroughly enjoyable game.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Disappointing Greeny but must be encouraging. The tide will turn

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I see your man Graham Carey was awarded the Sky Bet League 1 Goal of the week. Here it is.

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

8. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was a class goal Ron and he even looked most of the way back to last season's form as well. Our bleddy manager cost us a win in most people's opinion including mine hence the use of disappointing. Still, from your point of view 0 - 0 wasn't boring as it often can be. It's why they put a double oo in the word poor. But, I've seen a few cracking nil nil's in my time. Onwards and upwards for both teams this season I think.

Ron likes this.