1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shearer's ebar

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by ToonSi, Jan 27, 2011.

1. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

I've turned off, something decent on channel 965.

2. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Thats what gets me it goes very quiet on terrorism then all of a sudden BREAKING NEWS police prevent 2 threats in Suffolk

3. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Oh yes I say there's more than something decent on there.

4. Billy Bollocks Big Brass Band

6 months ago my name was Harold. I had always felt awkward in a mans body so I had a sex change and called myself Harriet.
    Ive now discovered I'm a Lesbian. There's no going back - my knob is being pickled in a spaghettti jar on the mantlepeice..

5. Jesus Was A Geordie

Jesus Was A Geordie Well-Known Member

Thank not606 that you could discuss this so openly without the fear of oppression or modification...oh...****...

6. Jesus Was A Geordie

**** **** ****e bollocks **** titties **** scrotum

Swearing blocked?

7. Smudger

Smudger Active Member

It's optional, you can have it censored if you want or not, you should have a notice at the top of your screen about it.

8. Jesus Was A Geordie

Aaah, good man, cheers Smudger!

9. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

On top of the **** day I'm having through Uni work (having to now pull an all-nighter), just fell hook, line and sinker and bit in some banter with the Mackems. Hanging my head in shame.:embarrassed:<doh>

10. Jesus Was A Geordie

ToonSi - blame it on the dissertation! Lucky at Queen's you get to choose whether or not to do one, so I avoided it!!!

What was the craic with the Mackems like?

11. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

I saw your convo Si.

I thought you did pretty well. People who slate others for going to Uni and actually getting an education, like you said over there, to better yourself, are just pathetic, and are probably people who were too thick to get into Uni anyway.

At the end of the day, I get on here because Im a student, I still pay taxes as I have a job, so I don't dodge them, others get on here during the day how? Unemployed or are stuck in an office, will they be happy?

Music technology sounds sensationally interesting to me, and just wish I had done something along those lines. Don't get me wrong, I love the course I am on as I am doing really well with it, but I always regret not going down the lines of sport, but loads seem to do that, there would be no way in life for me if I did.

I saw your comment about tuition fees, you are lucky, but imo it is indeed something to brag about, as its all about who you know these days.

Sunderland fans, most of em, seem very smart and down to earth people who like a bit of banter, however it pisses me off when people slate students for gaining a further education.

What a rant. Im going to shut up.

12. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Nowt really, just put about that inbred Geordie and one of them got under my skin with a personal jibe, normally wouldn't bite but I resorted to justifying myself - always a poor show in any situation <doh>
    Feeling pretty foolish to say the least!!
    Well it's more like a project (30% writing 70% practical), but there's so much red tape & planning I have to account for before starting and we get marked on how well we fill in the red tape and plan.
    I just want to get started on making the thing as I should be coming out with a finished product not too dissimilar too this:
    [video=youtube;OVD_Lvv4UOI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVD_Lvv4UOI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

13. Jesus Was A Geordie

Ah, just found it there...I'm with Leazes, difficult not to bite when it's a mindless dig at university.

Unless you do a specifically practical course based in medicine etc. people will always argue that it's pointless, but as far as I'm concerned you're there on merit and if they had it in em, the majority would be there in a heart beat! It's a proven fact that on average university educated workers earn more (thus paying more taxes) which everyone benefits from, so the whole 'get a job and stop robbing us of our taxes' line is bollocks!

14. Gutierrez's Right Boot

Gutierrez's Right Boot Well-Known Member

Good luck Toonsi im off now to kill the next door dog thats been keeping me awake the past 3 nights

15. Jesus Was A Geordie

Fair play, that looks quality...I assume you'd be producing the interface/program rather than designing/building the actual touchscreen tool?

My brother works for Phillips, he works in product development after doing Physics at uni but spends a lot of his time messing around with speakers and amps etc.

16. Wease555

Wease555 Active Member

Are you serious, they make you do a risk assessment for music technology. What could possibly be dangerous about an unemployable bunch of Emos (don't actually know what they are, something to do with the youth of today being miserable) sitting around producing terrible tunes nobody wants to listen to. Take some advice from somebody how knows, leave uni now and get a job, any job, you will be earning more cash in 5 years time and won't have the debt.

17. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Tappatalk is crap for writing at the same time, was writing my last post before I saw yours!
    They don't really mean that though, just saying it to wind people up (it worked as it clearly got under both our skins!), but I would never normally justify myself, always think it's poor show as it's something kids do not a 21 year old, just shows I still have some maturing to do!!

As for tuition fees, I'm very lucky, my parents support me loads but I have every intention of repaying them (even though they don't want me to). My dad started out having to use rope for belts (he was that poor) went in the shipyards and then ended up being a draughtsman, when they closed he eventually moved into the oil industry. Works abroad for half the year, then gets half of it off an it's ridiculously well paid. I almost went into it as I studied engineering at sixth form, but u-turned to music - somedays I regret doing that as the money would be good (noone is going into the industry either) but others I'm happy I followed my heart and will end up doing a lesser paid job that I'd enjoy more.

18. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

I'm doing everything, I've just finished a multi-touch pad (not a screen) for another module where I made the circuit of 40 IR LEDS around a piece of perspex with a modified PS3 Eye Camera underneath, when you put your fingers on the perspex it reflects the IR light downwards to the camera which you could then use that info in the programming side.
    It didn't work as well as I'd hoped as we had to do everything on a program called MAX/MSP, most of the forums where other people make similar things generally use one program for processing the camera feed and then another for the musical side (which is what I'm going to do for the dissertation!)
    This is what I'd made (mind it's a boring video and my mate who narrates has a monotonous voice!):
    [video]http://vimeo.com/groups/avi/videos/19134750[/video]

19. I Sit Next To A Badger-Leazes Corner

20. ToonSi

ToonSi Active Member

Night mate <ok>!