1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheff Utd v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sir Cheshire Ben, Oct 5, 2018.

1. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Haha
    Was literally just going to post that and though ‘I’ll check first, someone must have already surely’!
    Trustworthy Dutch

2. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

I had a conversation with my pal and my son who both went to the leeds game, whereas I watched on sky and was somewhat insulated from the atmosphere
    They both said due to the leeds fans singing and taunting due to being in front made them "feel" a lot more disheartened and feel like we were second best

whereas I thought we at least matched them and was amazed they thought we were so crap????

The 3 games against the top 3 sides (ish) prove to me that with the calibre of player we have at the moment Adkins is doing a decent job.
    I get the feeling a lot of the Adkins haters think we are a much better side and should beating top 3 sides.
    I hope that once we play a few lesser teams and can perform as well, points will be picked up.
    Usual City might apply though, raise our game v the cream and then back down to garbage v the dross.

spesupersydera, Kempton and johnbo like this.
  3. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

What I saw of the game on sky we more than matched them towards the end.
    We made them look nervy and had a go at them. Nowhere near being outclassed from what I saw. If you were in the ground having to sit in silence listening to their fans largeing it then you may have got a different impression, just like a pal and my son.

4. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

I was wondering if this was a tongue in cheek stab at the stupid Adkins post match statement. But just in case it wasn't, I responded as some do actually believe we were outclassed.

Adkins is a ****e manager, in relative terms But at the moment, we as fans* must realise we are a ****e football club with a ****e football team.

*I don't go anymore and am a self confessed armchair fan,like many I suppose Istill watch us every game or listen to the radio and want us to do well.

Kempton likes this.
  5. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

My issue is is Adkins getting the best out of any of the following: Grosicki, Bowen, Campbell, Martin, Irvine and Henrikson.

You can't say yes to that he clearly isn't. That is the start of a decent forward set up whether you go two strikers and two wingers or one striker with two wingers and Irvine or Henrikson behind a striker.

I don't go to home games due to boycotting and a lot of my friends where I live are Bolton fans and they can't g believe we aren't getting more from this squad.

We are a poor squad and a poor team. But in no way is this team bad enough to be bottom we have got players in this squad other teams in the bottom six would dream of.

That's why I don't rate Adkins. He knew exactly what he was walking into, he could have asked anyone in football about the Allams. He had seen the last 3 managers hadn't been given the money they needed, he had seen we where cutting costs. He chose to take this job and he will therefore be judged on results which aren't good enough.

I honestly think everything I said is logical. We may have different mindsets as I want us to really attack. We are bottom we might as well be bottom playing gung ho attacking football.

HullCityAFC1904 likes this.
  6. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I didn’t think Leeds were all that at all

We weren’t good, but neither were they

7. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

8. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Yes, quoting metropolitan areas which covers wide areas with other clubs in is indeed that.

9. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

I thought Adkins did quite well last year with all those high scoring games. In fact I bet that's the most gung ho Hull City have ever been in the history of the club. Personally I don't think Campbell is half the player anymore that some think he is. Martin both at Fulham and Derby was slated by the fans for being lazy and couldn't be bothered half the time. Bowen I too would have dropped him to try and kickstart his scoring. Irvine can have shockers forget the recent game in which he was poor. and Grosicki is a hard one the way he messed the club about not really wanting to be here. I would find it hard to shove him straight in the side after that.

I don't think Adkins is doing half as bad as a lot on here think, but if we all thought the same it would be boring.

10. Barchullona

I think we were more gung ho in the 1960s. Scored loads of goals and needed to at times as we also shipped goals.And, though before my time, in Raich Carter's day.

11. Chillo

Chillo Well-Known Member

People in the 60's were all Charles Manson followers. Or similar. Especially defenders, so its hard to compare.
    Goals seemed easier to score and the rules were different - goalies weren't half as protected.
    Football was a different game back then.
    You do have to go back to 1969 to get the number of goals scored in City games last season.

So maybe I was lying.

But I was thinking of the last 10 or so games = 44 goals in 11 games. I'd be surprised if that was the norm back then.

12. Barchullona

Defenders tended to tackle more then.

Admittedly the game has altered but we scored 109 goals in 1965/6 and 93 in 1948/9

13. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

Add Toral and Dicko to the list. When a manager isnt getting the best out of players, no matter how good they are, he has to go, thats football. The circumstance with the owners is irrelevant, Adkins still controls the players training and tactics.

14. HullCityAFC1904

HullCityAFC1904 Well-Known Member

Slutsky was goal happy too, and I just wonder what would have happened if he had the talents of Wilson and Hernandez available to him. Wilson was such a good player, one of the best I've seen for years, anybody who knows football just had to watch his feet and the way he used the ball. A massive shame that he chose Derby as somebody like him would have given Adkins more of a chance like in the second half of last season

15. City Man

Which other clubs?

16. Barchullona

You googled it.

17. City Man

You evaded it.

18. Barchullona

Surely if you know so much about the Sheffield Metropolitan area you would be aware?

19. City Man

Enlighten me....

20. Barchullona

You are the expert who googled it, quoting the population of that area without quoting how many clubs were in it compared to Hull, where you only count the population in the city boundaries.