1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sheffield United v Sunderland AFC – Wednesday 17th August 2022 - KO 20:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, Aug 15, 2022.

?

Your prediction:

Poll closed Aug 17, 2022.
  1. Home win

26.0%
  2. Away win (safc)

28.6%
  3. Draw

45.5%
  1. Flash Gordon

Flash Gordon Well-Known Member

I was proud of the performance the lads gave midweek. The sending off was daft and a definite turning point, we'd played really well before that. Their best players (Berge and Ahmedovic) looked a level above though and I still think we're behind teams like this at the moment. Our first 11 look like they'll compete with anyone but we still need another 3 or 4 starters through the door. People gave Patterson a lot of plaudits, but I thought most of the saves were ones I would expect any decent keeper to make (apart from the snap shot low to his right which was top drawer). I still think we need more experience in goal on top of the obvious defender, midfielder (x2) and a back up striker.

Stewart had a good game I thought and Matete was the best I've seen him in a Sunderland shirt when he came on so that's positive. Gooch was excellent. His finish was superb but equally as good was his cross in the first half which we really should have taken the lead from.

We've got a difficult run of games now though and a defeat could easily turn into 3 in a row if we're not careful. We need reinforcements in asap.

LD19SAFC, Nordic, TopClub and 2 others like this.