1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shirts are here

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Sep 13, 2021.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

So on Friday I received code for my free shirt. I will shortly be going on line to receive it this week. Anyone else been given there code

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Done mine - will ( hopefully ) collect on Saturday - not doing 100 miles just for it...

..... also - WARNING - the Macron sizes come up very small !! - I said before that my current Gills shirt ( Macron shirt of 2 seasons ago ) is 4 XL - whereas all my 'normal' shirts are XL................... would help if there was a shop where you could try on for size ! <grr>

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    brb likes this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

I quite like the new shirts, but no shop, so I'm not buying one. Scally can stick them where the sun don't shine if he don't want my CASH.

alwaysright likes this.
  4. gioblues

Gills have also updated website so now season ticket holders can get the free tickets owed or the £5 tickets. Finally getting their act together

alwaysright likes this.
  5. gioblues

Just wondering Gills were going to do a pop up shop during games so maybe you can look at the sizes. Would that change your mind:emoticon-0112-wonde

alwaysright and brb like this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Yes, I think they need to do something.

Although it's more than just about the shop, it's the principle of what's happened on the piggy back ride of covid. The government promised to protect cash payments, especially in regards to the poor and vulnerable, along with stuff like this from 'Which' https://campaigns.which.co.uk/freedom-to-pay/

Quote:
    Small business owners. Some people living with disabilities. Rural and isolated communities. People who have to live on tight budgets. All sorts of people up and down the country rely on cash.

1.9 million people rely on cash for nearly every transaction they make. And 8 million people would struggle in a cashless society.
    But our ability to use cash is being stripped away. We’re losing free cash points at an alarming rate. And banks are constantly closing local branches.

End of quote.

Also I really don't understand why people want to give banks and the government a digital footprint of every transaction you make in ever day life. What will happen in the future when I'm gone, will they start restricting what people can buy digitally, smoking, alcohol, sugar....we more or less have sleep walked into having our every day lives controlled for us.

Getting rid of cash is the last hurdle the powers that be require to control everything you do.

alwaysright likes this.
  7. gioblues

I have said along should keep shop/ office open and turnstiles open for cash. We are not cash free yet.

brb likes this.
  8. gioblues

I ordered xl so hope your right as normally wear m/large

9. gioblues

Got my shirt yesterday. Luckily did go size up. Ex large. Also got free ticket for Charlton game

brb and alwaysright like this.
  10. Lord Sondes Clock

Lord Sondes Clock Active Member

Proudly wearing my shirt this afternoon and pleased to report that the medium I ordered fits me a treat.

A few observations though: -
    1. The label declares ‘made in Romania’ but I thought the delay was supposed to have been caused by the factory in Italy?
    2. Which bright spark decided to put ‘The lost year 2020/2021’ below the badge? Makes it look like it’s last year’s shirt.
    3. Also regarding the above, whatever happened to the motto of ‘never look back’?
    4. How much margin is being made on the £6 postage and packing cost?
    5. Finally, why oh why is there nowhere for today’s crowd to buy one? I’d happily have brought a new cap this afternoon given the lovely sunshine beaming into the Medway Stand, but I’ll have to go boil my head instead. Makes me wonder if that’s the not so subtle message us long suffering fans are getting from the boardroom?

brb likes this.

11. gioblues

Don't think anyone thinks not having a club shop open on match day is a good idea. Apart from maybe one person. Emmm

brb likes this.
  12. brb

brb CR250

Crazy part of it is Scally will own the shop space (I assume), so it's not like its costing him lease or rental charges. All you need to do is employ two people on matchdays and one of those could be from your security team, and with the recruitment issues at the moment, it might suit a local retired person(s). Just don't go stock crazy, just fill it with the basics, shirts, hats, coats for the winter months.

13. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I won't have you telling lies.
    There was a Club shop 'open' - it was the pathetic set up in the GRS / Rainham End corner (( you plebs in the Medway stand don't deserve one )).....

..... not that the personnel in the shop will 'help' you. The friend who sits next to me asked if he could change the shirt he was given - the fool ordered a Large size (( because that's what he is )) - but the shirt was far too small...... The staff told him that he needed to return the shirt - for a replacement - or see if the click & collect would change it.................... It might help if the Macron sizes had the metric or imperial measurement as a guide...

As for the £ 6 postage charge - any 'mark up' is desperately needed to compensate for loss of revenue from The Penalty Spot food outlet (( shut - AGAIN )) --- perhaps Stuart O'Keefe might be made to work in this food outlet on Tuesday !