1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shopping list

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Captain Morgan, May 26, 2018.

1. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Now that we know we're back where we belong, who should we be looking to sign? Here's my thoughts to get us started:

This year's loanees:
    Mitrovic and Targett permanent signings - definitely
    Piazon, Kalas and Norwood, maybe permanent signings.
    Ojo - not so much.

New signings:

Tom Heaton
    Pat Roberts (though apparently Leicester want him as part of a deal to take Mahrez to Man City)
    Tom Huddleston, or Harry Arter (who, apparently, is frustrated by a lack of game time at Bournemouth)
    Another striker
    Another centre back, preferably with Premier League experience (although I wouldn't say no to Aden Flint)

Any advance on that lot?

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I'd happily see Emerson Hyndman come home too.

3. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

MY choice Jack Grealish ( would be expensive) Hyndman, Dunk, Flint,Powell, Mitrovic,
    Target,Bertrand another goalkeeping cover, + Rodek back.
    I am sure there are other gems that the scouting staff have already identified,
    I also feel confident that Slavis style of play,which i have been very critical of in the past
    could suit us at this higher level.

4. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

I groaned at the thread title, supposed to be doing 'the big shop' today with other half - I'm not sure I can move beyond the living room for the foreseeable future but her sunny demeanour suggests there is still some hope I will get up. Storms are a coming.

For me it would depend on Mitro's price tag, he's been immense since January but I don't know if he can be as effective in the Premier league where the defenders are quicker and stronger. I would like to have him as an option, but if Newcastle want anything beyond £15m it might be worth looking at what else is on the market. Most important thing for me is that Slavisa is given what he wants to make the system work without stat-twats overriding him.

From Mitro's post match comments I suspect he will make a decision after the world cup to drive up his value and earning potential, wouldn't be surprised if Slavisa recommended he did this, and if so- fair enough!

5. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

I think a lot of work will need done this summer, there could be a big turnover of players. If you look at our squad as it is, remove the 6 loanees and we have a painfully small pool of players. Even further you could remove the likes of Djalo, Kebano, Cisse etc who I assume will all move on and we're left with like 12 senior players!

I feel its going to be an exciting summer for us with plenty of incoming and outgoing players. I just hope Slav gets the support he needs in the transfer market to allow him to get the right players.

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

I want no part of Grealish. He's definitely talented, but he's also an arrogant piece of work and I'd rather not have the cheer him. All the other players noted would be good signings, depending on price. I suspect if Rotherham win today, Rodak will stay on loan with them next season (better for him to play 46 Championship games than 1 or 2 Premier League games).

We can't afford to make too many changes, so it's RW/CB & Targett Mitrovic. I'd love to sign a young defender like Dael Fry or Joe Worrall, but who knows what we'll do!

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

For me the way to look at it is every position who we bring in are they better than what we have.
    Look to strengthen the spine Bettinelli - Ream - McDonald - Johansen - Cairney - Mitrovic
    Lot depends on how we structure the wages while in the Premier. What is the chairman willing to do.
    Some players I'd put forward Fabianski - Aden Flint - Kamil Glik - Joe Allen - Bobby Reid - Oliver Giroud
    These players and our own will demand Premier wages.
    Will Khan bankroll these wage or will he want a year of stability to make sure of not over paying contracts.

On the Loan guys (Keep)
    Targett as he has solved our left back problem but will Southampton/Hughes let him go.
    Mitrovic but I think the transfer and demands may scupper a deal.
    Piazon think his skills gives us an option in the way we play
    But
    Ojo for me just not a team player, tries to be a one man band too often.
    Kalas part of me says keep, but I think we can get better in.
    Norwood same reason I think we can get a better player in for his position

Squad players to let go
    Button Woodrow Cisse all seem to have fallen into the doldrums.
    Fonte not really seen anything that gives me hope he can make it in the Premier.

Cottager58 likes this.
  8. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Congrats to Mark Rodak another Fulham winner at Wembley

2whitestripes, Surlyc and Cottager58 like this.
  9. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Its only paper talk but,several papers are saying we are to bit for VYDRA & FONDRA a french
    youth player. Several other clubs are reported to be interested in young frenchman.
    606rs your thoughts on these 2, the start of the many we undoubtedly will be linked with..

10. silkship

silkship Well-Known Member

My knowledge of players has really dropped since I weaned myself off football manager so I've put in a description rather than a name for some positions - my thoughts:

GK - experienced backup in case Betts struggles
    DL - ideally Targett or someone at the same level to start + experienced back up
    DR - stick with Fred and Chris
    CD - stick with Ream, Odoi as utility back up + 1 strong defensively sound and splash on 1 who can pass and has a bit of pace + 1 experienced back up
    DM - I love Super Kev, but think he should become backup, need someone from the Kante mould with high energy, good tackling and positioning
    CM - alternative option to take pressure off Cairney, playmaker with premier league / top level experience, probably needs to be ageing a little to consider us, it could go either way with Johansson but might need to bring someone in Jan if he struggles and becomes an angry liability, Super Kev could replace him in away games and play with two DM and Cairney advanced.
    RW - splash out and bring in quality, I'd love to see Roberts back, Ayite and Kebano back up, not sure if the PL is a step too far for AK but good bench option as RW/CF
    CF - more splashing, two quality options needed, 1 with power and holdup skills plus speedy finisher, jettison Fonte
    LW - probably needs to be a bit older to come given, if we keep Sess, they will be on the bench, I'm thinking Matt Richie type who can cross (but not Matt Richie) to offer a plan b with powerful forward.

I think that's 11 new players! A bit unrealistic but we could get some decent loans in place of splashes.

Last edited: May 28, 2018

11. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Frankly, just delighted we're having this conversation. Had we not won on Saturday the alternative would have been dire.

We should start by ensuring the Gaffer and his backroom stay.

On players, at present we're a month behind the rest on recruitment and the World Cup isn't going to help. Broadly I'm very much with what SuperBri said - keep the spine of the team; make Targett and Mitrovic priorities (although, for different reasons both will prove difficult); ditch the fringe squad players and the other loanees. Which gets pretty close to silkship's 11 needed.

Again as SuperBri said, the key may be a 'wage cap' set by Khan. Whatever, let's think "ambition".

Last edited: May 28, 2018
    2whitestripes likes this.
  12. 2whitestripes

2whitestripes Well-Known Member

It's a bit early for me to think of changing the team and letting some fringe player go. Having seen the likes of Abu, Rui ,Lucus etc. etc. celebrating every goal and result when not getting a game shows the team spirit we have, I'd hate to see that broken up, for a while anyway.

Good to see you are smiling Cottager, still an uncanny likeness it must be said.

Cottager58 likes this.
  13. Cottager58

And Jack Grimmer with Coventry today - got a goal as well.

Wembley belongs to Fulham

14. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

It could be comes October but lets hope we don't have to play there

15. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Haven’t posted for while work has been crazy and have only just sobered up from Saturday... my shopping list

Mitro, Targett, Kalas, Norwood, Adama Traore, Flint

Out - Piazon, Ojo, Cisse and begrudgingly Kebano

16. Cottager58

Keeping Marcelo Djalo, Cookie ?

17. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

We must keep the spine of the team. The team we have is good enough for the Premiership with just a few additions. Norwood has seen two consecutive promotions, I'd like to see him next year. Fonte is an interesting one, I do think the Premiership may suit him better. Target and Mitro are a given and I'd have Piazon and Kalas. There's team spirit and a desire to succeed with Fulham. We've had many a journeyman and there have done us ok but you can't beat desire in the heart.

As said before, so good we are having this conversation. The team would have been decimated if we had lost on Saturday. Khan's interest is building and his son seems to have become a massive fan too. This is his baby.

18. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

A challenge for both of us this season will be loan players.
    In the premier league you're only allowed two registeted at any one time. Puts pressure on the budgets straight off.

Cottager58 likes this.
  19. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

No way move him on

Cottager58 likes this.
  20. kunye

kunye Well-Known Member

Could it be true, Fulham are to make bid soon for Aiden Flint.
    If so, this could be a good acquisition, what say you