1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

shrewsbury can still do it

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by lesshrew, May 14, 2011.

1. lesshrew

lesshrew New Member

although we were completely out played tonight we can still make the final. We can not play as bad again,if it had been worse say 3-0 then no chance.We can win 2-0 in 90 minutes then either score in extra time or win on penelties so come on all shrews fans back our team on friday wether we win or lose lets back the boys,

2. Welcome to the North

Welcome to the North Active Member

Shrewsbury let me down today.

Accie had better win tomorrow.

3. WhatShrew

WhatShrew Member

Arrange these words in order to make phrase that sums up our chances " straws clutching at".
    Sadly Town just do not seem to have that little extra for the big occasion. If the pattern follows on from our previous playoff efforts it will be two years before we reach this point again. 2007 2009 2011 ?2013?

4. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's because failing in the playoffs delays organising and preparing next seasons squad.

5. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

from where i was sat and watching, town were outplayed in defence, the midfield were not up to much , and the attack may just as well have been on paignton pier. a deplorable preparation of a squad and another inept performance when it mattered. to come back from 2-0 down is asking a lot of our brave souls. but clutching at straws as whatshrew so delicately puts it let us not forget the conference playoffs 3 0r 4 years ago torquay beat exeter 3-1, next leg exeter came back and came up. now i have no wish to ask you to assemble another well known phrase "brewery up in a piss", but unless some miracle from turner and the squad occurs next friday night, i see shrews losing 2 playoffs in a week. floreat salopia

6. WhatShrew

WhatShrew Member

Matster - Thats exactly what I thought.

7. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

oh dear cheer up lads it aint over till its over,you get an early goal at your place with the crowd behind you and you never know.the one thing you do have going for you is you cant play that bad again

8. Blue_Slasher

Blue_Slasher Active Member

I know you guys are all down after the result. We played Torquay at Adams Park and were comprehensively beaten. However, they are in 7th place for a good reason i.e they are inconsistent from week to week otherwise they would have taken the title if they could have replicated that form every week.
    This time around you'll have home advantage and an early Shrews goal will make a real match of it.
    There is still hope!

9. atcham jack

if t

iti is any help, my 97 year old mother listened to the whole match on radio devon and said it sounded as though torquay had a very useful player in robinson. whoever made the decision to loan robinson and allow him to play against us needs a good root up thr proverbial. if it was gt i am ashamed of him. pillock

10. Matster

Forum Moderator

AJ I take it your mother had a birthday recently, so happy birthday to her.

As all Shrews fans know the town seem to have one inconsistent game in five so that loss means we should hopefully be promoted very soon!!!

11. atcham jack

thank you matster yes she has just turned 97 and keeps telling me how poor town were, even i am beginnig to think that prophet who predicted town would never win antyhing with that ruddy badge was right. fs, coys aab ctrb and dnftg

12. atcham jack

has turner learnt nothing from this season. matt harrold is an excellent program seller but is no good up front or anywhere else on the pitch. why was bradshaw on the bench for 67 mins. sometimes i despair of gt

13. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

If Robbo will sign a new contract as his current one expires this summer, he should hopefully be ready for a consistent season banging in the goals with our new fixed midfield behind him. Trouble is, don't think him and GT see eye to eye as Robbo complains GT 'doesn't rate him' :(

14. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Robbo and Harrold's contrasting sizes worked a treat at the start of the season

PS whenever Harrold starts he fluffs up but bring him off the bench and he's dynamite:wink:, for the same inexplicable reason that Collins and Bradshaw can only score away from home :confused:

15. Matster

Forum Moderator

Ryan Lowe used to only score when brought on as a sub. Saying that Ainsworth seems to play his best as a sub too!

16. Rocky blue army

program seller<laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>we did warn you how bad he is<ok>

17. shrewdchemic

shrewdchemic Member

Partly true - Robinson could only score at home. Away he was a passenger too often.

Ainsworth up front with a target man (and Harrold's better than Collins at that role) might be worth trying. Or replicate Torquay's 4-3-3 with Ainsworth in. Got to try something different I think because Torquay are likely to score with Sharps out.

Cheers to the Wycombe fans here for consoling us - we need it!

18. Rocky blue army

shrewdemic there might be the odd wycombe fan who would take the mick if you lose but i am not one of them.we have had some great banter all season and i would want it to keep that way so good luck in the second leg and keep your chin up it aint over till its over ,get your crowd right behind you and you never know you just might pull it off<ok>

19. Steve-WWFC

Steve-WWFC Member

Have fun back in Leauge 2 next season as you are two nil down in your semi final of the play-offs. Tourqay are a good side and would be suprised if they gave away a two goal lead away in the play-offs. As well you would have finished third in the leauge if you focused and won against a hard side in Accrington, and on the 43rd week of the season you were ahead and you were in contol of your own destinaty. So stop wineing about the ghost goal. A season is over 46 games not one game where both teams drew 2-2 and 1-1.

Plus Im sorry to say Graham Turner has made a big mistake in sighning Matt Harold a former Wycombe Player. He has great postional play but he cant use it to any effect. He can out jump player and bring people to play. He cant head a ball. He should be in the Confornce and even maybe lower. His goals at wycombe were about 75% Penaltys ans 25% tap ins. He also is very lazy.People could not stand him at wycombe so have fun on having a Prince Look-alike hes rubbish. Plus we have the better Ainsworth. Nikki Bull, Nikki Bull, Nikki Bull lalalalalalalalalalal Nikki Bull, Nikki Bull, Nikki Bull

20. Corkshrew

Corkshrew New Member

Like Shrewdchemic I was there and we were woeful. Don't know where to start. Ending up with 3 left footers across the back not good and we missed Sharps massively. For me O'Kane was sat deep and we didn't pick him up, he pulled the strings, and obviously scored from the same thing. Wroe and Davis went missing and looked slow. IMO Harrold was better than Collins but they are too similar for me and I'd go a big un and a little un on Friday. Most worryingly was our first touch - really was 'second touch a sliding tackle' as they say! Result better than the performance and we just gotta give it a go on Friday, but you've got to say its unlikely. Sharps a massive miss coz we suddenly look very thin at the back, I'd move grandison in and play raven too. Still don't really rate Robbo, played almost left wing, one of their better players but didn't cause us much trouble (apart from setting up the 2nd of course!!!). We score first and its game on, they score first and its game over! Rather lose now than in the final again....I think!